Met my husband here and need some advice

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I feel very sorry for anyone who thinks they can make the generalization that rich Dominicans are BETTER than poor. Very naive to make this statement.

Let them eat cake is once again appropriate in this particular context. C’est la vie.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I feel very sorry for anyone who thinks they can make the generalization that rich Dominicans are BETTER than poor. Very naive to make this statement.

Let them eat cake is once again appropriate in this particular context. C’est la vie.
How many kids do functional ( Im not talking rich) Dominicans have ? How do they spend their money ? How do they use Alcohol ?

Compare that with the ghetto dwellers.

This is not the USA where the poor are celebrated and protected, they are viewed for what they are.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wow, you win the horse's ass award du jour and probably du mes.

Congrats!
But at the same time there is some truisms in his comments, not the part about deserving but certainly about the reasons why they are in the situation they are in. It isn't necessarily their fault, it just is some of the factors that keep them there. Lack of vision, lack of focus, lack of education, lack of desire for betterment....etc.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
How many kids do functional ( Im not talking rich) Dominicans have ? How do they spend their money ? How do they use Alcohol ?

This is not the USA where the poor are celebrated and protected, they are viewed for what they are.

Words of wisdom!

Some people deserve the spot they picked to be part of. Enough said.

Just take a look at the celebrations and gathering out in the DR barrios during the toque de queda for a glimpse at their demeanor and outlook at their bright future. Geographically speaking, different but conduct, the same as any broke a$$ anywhere.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
But at the same time there is some truisms in his comments, not the part about deserving but certainly about the reasons why they are in the situation they are in. It isn't necessarily their fault, it just is some of the factors that keep them there. Lack of vision, lack of focus, lack of education, lack of desire for betterment....etc.

Lack of proactiveness to go and get an education, lack of proactiveness to stop spending monies in alcohol, lack of responsibility to stop spreading their legs and having babies at 14, lack of desire to better themselves generally.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

No Dominican or anyone living here needs to apologize for being successful and providing a nice home and education for their families. Life is full of choices, if one aspires to have a big SUV and 7 kids wit 7 chicas, that's his problem. Way too many opportunities in this day and age to play the poor poor me angle

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Money does not make anyone better than anyone else in any part of the world.
Especially in my country of origin.
But we are not there.
We are in the 🇩🇴 .
Poor is an economic state.
Not a moral judgement
I have no problem with anyone who has more money than I have.
I do have a problem with them thinking that they are better than I am because they have more money.
That is why I laugh behind their backs when I am done with them.
Just like I laugh at those posting thoughts that agree with the misguided ideas that support those thoughts.
I can't help but think they are projecting.
That they also think they are better and everyone else because they have more money.
I have run across more morally bankrupt individuals with money than those of lesser SES.
Especially here in 🇩🇴‼️

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

You're not going to win this argument with some of the pampered/spoiled foreigners within.
Remember the types some choose to take for gfs/bfs/wives/husbands.
There are some things we know and understand, and they will just not listen to.
Not now. Not never.
It will never change.
Just a cycle that keeps on repeating itself.
Over and over again.

Reactions: jd426 and Radical

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Lack of proactiveness to go and get an education, lack of proactiveness to stop spending monies in alcohol, lack of responsibility to stop spreading their legs and having babies at 14, lack of desire to better themselves generally.
What pisses me of most though, is the Fathers , who cant or in many cases just WONT and feel no responsibility to provide for their Children to get a better education so at least the next Generation can advance .... but somehow they find Money to go Bet on the Roosters , and Drink ... Those Men ( and they are not really Men) disgust me to the core . The Women getting pregnant at a Young Age , just bad choices , sometimes even abused by an Uncle Cant entirely blame them... But once the Child is BORN, the Father should step up.. but they almost NEVER do ..

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010

Go to any barrio, what do you see? You see once pretty girls who are 21 and look 40 due to having 2 -3 kids in poverty. You see all the dads who cant support their kids drunk Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There are drug points, loud music, filth, garbage in the streets and every societal ill you can imagine. You see better cell phones than at the " Country".

The functional achieving Dominican dude drives home to his heavenly mortgaged house then takes his kids to swimming or english classes and other activities. Saturday ( if hes not working) they go for dinner then Sunday grab brunch with their kids before going to the Country Club or beach for a little bit then back to the grind. We are talking normal structured life, nothing luxurious.

Yes, these people are better than 45 year old men drunk, leering at teenage girls and spending their paychecks in 2 days. These losers are 3-4 decades into their working life and cant even afford a car but have spent enough in their life on drugs, and prostitutes to buy a condo cash. Screw em, dont glamourize human garbage

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Go to any barrio, what do you see? You see once pretty girls who are 21 and look 40 due to having 2 -3 kids in poverty. You see all the dads who cant support their kids drunk Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There are drug points, loud music, filth, garbage in the streets and every societal ill you can imagine. You see better cell phones than at the " Country".

The functional achieving Dominican dude drives home to his heavenly mortgaged house then takes his kids to swimming or english classes and other activities. Saturday ( if hes not working) they go for dinner then Sunday grab brunch with their kids before going to the Country Club or beach for a little bit then back to the grind. We are talking normal structured life, nothing luxurious.

Yes, these people are better than 45 year old men drunk, leering at teenage girls and spending their paychecks in 2 days. These losers are 3-4 decades into their working life and cant even afford a car but have spent enough in their life on drugs, and prostitutes to buy a condo cash. Screw em, dont glamourize human garbage

Hell, if I had to live in a condo, I would probably turn to drugs and prostitutes......🙄🙄

Reactions: bienamor

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
What pisses me of most though, is the Fathers , who cant or in many cases just WONT and feel no responsibility to provide for their Children to get a better education so at least the next Generation can advance .... but somehow they find Money to go Bet on the Roosters , and Drink ... Those Men ( and they are not really Men) disgust me to the core . The Women getting pregnant at a Young Age , just bad choices , sometimes even abused by an Uncle Cant entirely blame them... But once the Child is BORN, the Father should step up.. but they almost NEVER do ..
Great post, the cycles of poverty are heart breaking but also infuriating. If wealthy foreign liberals people could stop celebrating losers, they would see these people for what they are.

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
And here we go again.
Is this guy⬆️ one of the ones you were referring to:
You're not going to win this argument with some of the pampered/spoiled foreigners within.
Remember the types some choose to take for gfs/bfs/wives/husbands.
There are some things we know and understand, and they will just not listen to.
Not now. Not never.
It will never change.
Just a cycle that keeps on repeating itself.
Over and over again.
The argument I have made is that money does not make anyone especially a Dominican better than anyone else.
Except in their own mind and in the minds of some DR1 posters that you can find ready examples of in this thread.
The attempt to tie social conditions and choices to an individuals lot in life is economically is invalid.
The cold hard facts that the economic world is tilted in favor of those with capital is completely ignored.
Because it represents a inconvenient truth to be dealt with.
Maybe it even helps with guilt that comes with being a economic oppressor❓
By saying it's their fault.
We didn't do anything.
They do not want to help themselves.
But while they are pointing 👉 at others
At least three fingers point to themselves.
Shall we ignore that most capitalists do not want to pay a living wage❓
The argument being some jobs do not deserve it.
If so, maybe a human being should not be doing that job.
I do not have the solution to the problem.
But the "I am better than you cause I have money" attitude rings hollow with me.
I read the posts here by some DR1 people and come to the conclusion that 💰 has caused some of ya'll to lose your humanity.
I am fortunate that medical health care people here in 🇩🇴do not view me as being on level lower than them.
Not worthy of their best efforts.
Simply because I do not have a much money as they do.
After all...I am just a guy on lives on EAST SIDE‼️

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Great post, the cycles of poverty are heart breaking but also infuriating.
Care to address the inequality of income and wealth distribution❓
If wealthy foreign liberals people could stop celebrating losers, they would see these people for what they are.
You mean such as yourself⬆️❓
You see "these" people for what they are❓
Well I most certainly see you for what you are‼️

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Screw em, dont glamourize human garbage
This has got to be the worst post I have ever read since I signed up.

There are people posting up here DR1 that have had every opportunity and yet they are in 🇩🇴 and cannot pay cash for the real estate they want.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
So the guy
And here we go again.

Is this guy⬆️ one of the ones you were referring to:

The argument I have made is that money does not make anyone especially a Dominican better than anyone else.
Except in their own mind and in the minds of some DR1 posters that you can find ready examples of in this thread.
The attempt to tie social conditions and choices to an individuals lot in life is economically is invalid.
The cold hard facts that the economic world is tilted in favor of those with capital is completely ignored.
Because it represents a inconvenient truth to be dealt with.
Maybe it even helps with guilt that comes with being a economic oppressor❓
By saying it's their fault.
We didn't do anything.
They do not want to help themselves.
But while they are pointing 👉 at others
At least three fingers point to themselves.
Shall we ignore that most capitalists do not want to pay a living wage❓
The argument being some jobs do not deserve it.
If so, maybe a human being should not be doing that job.
I do not have the solution to the problem.
But the "I am better than you cause I have money" attitude rings hollow with me.
I read the posts here by some DR1 people and come to the conclusion that 💰 has caused some of ya'll to lose your humanity.
I am fortunate that medical health care people here in 🇩🇴do not view me as being on level lower than them.
Not worthy of their best efforts.
Simply because I do not have a much money as they do.
After all...I am just a guy on lives on EAST SIDE‼️
You are saying that the guy who is prudent with money, spends time with his kids, keeps a decent job or grows a business is an economic oppressor ?

The point is people have money because they dont;

1)Have more kids than they can afford
2)Drink to excess
3)Do drugs
4)Support Multiple Women
5)Spend money on flat screens, high end cell phones while living in the hood
6)Have cars worth more than their house.
7)Try to live like teenagers into their 40's and 50's
8)Party as soon as they get a paycheck
9)Would you like me to continue ?

Stay woke bro !! As a capitalist, you pay what you need to. If Dominicans worked harder and had better skills they would be worth more. Unfortunately ( the majority, not all ) they are worth very little

Reactions: campesinadeatl

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Time to recognize.
Haven't you had the time to save up the money to pay cash for your real estate purchase my man ❓
rfp thinks so...

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Great post, the cycles of poverty are heart breaking but also infuriating. If wealthy foreign liberals people could stop celebrating losers, they would see these people for what they are.

There is a reason why they "keep'em" at the level they are at, what would they have as fans if there wasn't any pawns to move on the deck?

The level of stupidity shown in the streets is scary, zero education, no goals, no desire; the perfect storm for progressives to thrive. The entire political acumen is cultivated under these premises.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Hell, if I had to live in a condo, I would probably turn to drugs and prostitutes......🙄🙄
I do not know much about a condo being involved, but many types have historically navigated to the RD just for this reason.
Just sayin'.