Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I also have a compute desk, computer printer, and stereo, and lastly my budget is just not that big right now, i just can't afford it. Imagine what the desk would cost. I am told i could have them come out (if i was ready) and they would take a look and tell me exactly how much it would be, but i wouldn't waste their time on my budget.

If I was you, I would import the printer and possibly the stereo of those 3. Printers are highly priced here, we just had to purchase one here as the printhead in our Canon pixma with 5 separate inks went bad and a new printhead would have cost a fortune... New printer? 2700 pesos and just with two ink cartridges... I will certainly not throw the pixma out, but it just was not worth it to buy the printhead right now.

Computer desks are readily available here, starting 3-4 thousand pesos.

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
If I was you, I would import the printer and possibly the stereo of those 3. Printers are highly priced here, we just had to purchase one here as the printhead in our Canon pixma with 5 separate inks went bad and a new printhead would have cost a fortune... New printer? 2700 pesos and just with two ink cartridges... I will certainly not throw the pixma out, but it just was not worth it to buy the printhead right now.

Computer desks are readily available here, starting 3-4 thousand pesos.
Thank you

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Just wanted to update this thread for others in the NorthEast:

I was going to use WW's recommended Awilda to ship a 77 Gallons drum and a bike (in his box) from New York city. Unfortunately, Awilda do NOT deliver to Las Terrenas, Samana.

Awilda's movers realized it while picking up, but they were nice enough to give me a few others shipping companies contacts. So I will be using Salcedo Cargo express (in the Bronx) and hope for the best, because they have less than stellar reviews on Google:oops:

I will post and update the thread, once it is all done.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

I was going to use WW's recommended Awilda to ship a 77 Gallons drum and a bike (in his box) from New York city. Unfortunately, Awilda do NOT deliver to Las Terrenas, Samana.

Awilda's movers realized it while picking up, but they were nice enough to give me a few others shipping companies contacts. So I will be using Salcedo Cargo express (in the Bronx) and hope for the best, because they have less than stellar reviews on Google:oops:

But they do have nice commercials here in RD.........

• Love
Reactions: Africaida

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
In all seriousness, if Awilda recommended them, they should be fine.
Awilda would not recommend a company that did not meet their standards.
All these companies know each other.
Good luck.

Reactions: Africaida

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In all seriousness, if Awilda recommended them, they should be fine.
Awilda would not recommend a company that did not meet their standards.
All these companies know each other.
Good luck.
Sorry to hear that 'Frica..... but sounds like you have a solution....
I would have no fear... Call Awilda in STI or NYC if you want some comfort from them

Yes, they all know each other,
I have been there when the container arrives at Awilda..... it is already prtly full.
They seem to share the 40ft containers..... several are sent per week....

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Update:

It took exactly 3 weeks door to door i.e New York City (Manhattan) to Las Terrenas, Samana.

No complaints, nothing is missing, will use them again. They charged the same Price as Awilda for the tanque + large bag of rice ($125), but wanted $20 more than Awilda for the bike ($50) which I haggled back to $40 at pick up.

@Caonabo ..........Unfortunately, no Merengue band accompanying the delivery truck but it is probably due to Covid19 :p

Chala

Aug 25, 2018
I would NOT put any expensive jewelry/watches/cameras in those boxes. They are sometimes opened [it's a crap shoot] and things can disappear. I've not personally had that happen, but I've heard of others who have. As far as the electronic stuff, we've shipped loads of stuff like that and have never had a problem, even a 20" flat screen tv, but again, you're taking a chance that aduana might choose YOUR box to open, it's random. I pack with a plan - very bottom has some clothing [for cushioning], then I pack the more expensive/desirable items. Anything breakable I pack with clothing [or other fabric things like curtains, tablecloths, sheets, etc.] wrapped around them - i never use bubble wrap because it takes up valuable space. The tops of the boxes are usually filled with cheap stuff, boxes of foods, clothing, etc., nothing they would risk stealing over.
no way insurance can be purchased for these items? A "crap shoot" can be very risky