It’s a fence, not a wall, says Migration director

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Verja-perimetral-de-la-Frontera-Listin-Diario-e1615294532969.jpeg

The Migration Agency (DGM) director stressed the Abinader administration is holding talks for the construction of a security fence on the border, not a “wall.” The Dominican government is in conversations with suppliers from Spain and Israeli.

Migration director Enrique Garcia Vargas made the remark when visiting vulnerable crossing points on the border. “It is not a simple border security fence, it is a whole project, which contemplates technological advances including facial recognition, fingerprints, infrared cameras, equipment for the military and other security,” García Vargas emphasized during a tour of the northern border of Dajabón and southern Jimaní and Pedernales.

President Abinader announced the border fence in his 27 February annual speech. He spoke of new measures being taken to reinforce security along the dividing line between...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
if I was the president, I will built a WALL, yes a WALL just like in Mexico. End of story.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
if I was the president, I will built a WALL, yes a WALL just like in Mexico. End of story.
It is not a simple border security fence, it is a whole project, which contemplates technological advances, facial recognition, fingerprints, infrared cameras, equipment for the military and other security,” García Vargas emphasized during a tour of the northern border of Dajabón and southern Jimaní and Pedernales.

This is what the DRGOV has to say about it ‼️

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
It is not a simple border security fence, it is a whole project, which contemplates technological advances, facial recognition, fingerprints, infrared cameras, equipment for the military and other security,” García Vargas emphasized during a tour of the northern border of Dajabón and southern Jimaní and Pedernales.

This is what the DRGOV has to say about it ‼️
Waste of money. Just built the damn wall and CLOSE it for good. No more free entry forever. Hell with Haiti.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Waste of money. Just built the damn wall and CLOSE it for good. No more free entry forever. Hell with Haiti.
Well unless you are a citizen of 🇩🇴 your opinion does not matter.
But I respect your passion.

I happen to disagree.
🇩🇴 has the foresight to help Haiti while helping themselves.

Reactions: PCMike and Russell

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Well unless you are a citizen of 🇩🇴 your opinion does not matter.
But I respect your passion.

I happen to disagree.
🇩🇴 has the foresight to help Haiti while helping themselves.
You are mistaken. I rather Haiti go rot in hell. If I was president, I rather protect DR country and yes I am resident in DR, I ve residency and my wife/daughter lives there and I own condo down there too so I have the right to say.

Nothingless, I will say it again. Built a wall and block Haiti, forever.

End of story.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I am not mistaken.
I am happy with the current POTDR
DRGOV says it is a "fence" no matter what others think.
It appears that anyone can reply to my posts.
But I cannot respond
Interesting ‼️
Strong fences make for good neighbours.
Agreed.
At least you understand that it is a fence.
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Michael DR

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am not mistaken.
I am happy with the current POTDR
DRGOV says it is a "fence" no matter what others think.
It appears that anyone can reply to my posts.
But I cannot respond
Interesting ‼️

Agreed.
At least you understand that it is a fence.
:ROFLMAO:
Actual the plan is to have dual fences with a no man's land between them. Hungary and several countries have these type of barriers. In another life I spent some time in Cyprus, near the demilitarized zone between Greek Cyprus and Turkish controlled Cyprus.
Great idea! Eff 11 million people. They don't have money so they can't be important.
No, but they have their own country.

Reactions: ctrob

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You are mistaken. I rather Haiti go rot in hell. If I was president, I rather protect DR country and yes I am resident in DR, I ve residency and my wife/daughter lives there and I own condo down there too so I have the right to say.

Nothingless, I will say it again. Built a wall and block Haiti, forever.

End of story.
The Dominican Republic has clearly had enough of them pouring across
their border unchecked and rightfully so. Haiti is going to have get their
sh*t together or choke to death on it.
Change? I suggest other governments start telling these folks like I tell these
aggressive bums in the street when they hit me up for change... change I ask them?
change comes from within my brother, change comes from within.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The only true long term fix for Haiti is to get rid of it's government and put one in place that actually gives a shit about Haiti and not just filling their own pockets. Until the Haitian people do this nothing will change.

Greedy corrupt leaders are a dime a dozen. The people have to stand up for themselves at some point or continue to be abused by corrupt politicians.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Haiti needs a long term international intervention and investment. a new age Marshall plan.
the USA and EU along with any other willing partners would need to lead it, and probably should before it belongs to China, but that will never happen.....

the fence is needed for the D.R. and sounds like they want to utilize the latest technologies. will be a good investment for them.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The only true long term fix for Haiti is to get rid of it's government and put one in place that actually gives a shit about Haiti and not just filling their own pockets. Until the Haitian people do this nothing will change.

Greedy corrupt leaders are a dime a dozen. The people have to stand up for themselves at some point or continue to be abused by corrupt politicians.

In my view you could apply the same logic to the Republica Dominicana

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
In my view you could apply the same logic to the Republica Dominicana
If you think the DR is as bad as Haiti, why are you still here. Or are you just another sock puppet sitting in a far away land with a negative opinion on everything?
If I live to be 100 I will never understand how you could even begin to compare the 2 countries.

Reactions: PCMike and windeguy

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
If you think the DR is as bad as Haiti, why are you still here. Or are you just another sock puppet sitting in a far away land with a negative opinion on everything?
If I live to be 100 I will never understand how you could even begin to compare the 2 countries.

say's he sitting comfortable in his Uvero Alto, Punta Cana bubble

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

Which part of what you said, do you think cannot be applied to the RD