Mayor Willy's Plans For Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
This is from Detras Del Rumor

PRESIDENTE ABINADER EXCLUYE AL TURÍSTICO DISTRITO CABARETE DE ASIGNACIÓN DE RECURSOS PARA OBRAS
En el acto celebrado en Playa Sosúa, el presidente Abinader anunció bla entrega de millones de pesos a diferentes ayuntamiento de esta provincia Puerto plata, pero a pesar de la importancia de Cabarete como destino turístico el presidente no anunció entrega de ninguna ayuda para el referido Distrito, al contrario dijo que la circunvalación no va, incluso al Director Distrital Freddy Cruz no se le extendió una invitación para que participara del acto. Cabe preguntar ¿Por qué Cabarete no representa una prioridad, es a caso porque ese Distrito el gobierno local no es del PRM, o es que esa población costera no merece la atención y cuidado del presidente?
Detalles.
1) Playa Sosúa, remoción y ordenamiento.
La misma conlleva cámaras de seguridad, wifi, Luces led y una combinación de eficiencia entre la asociación de playeros, ayuntamiento y estado dominicano, esto Con un monto total de 350 millones de pesos.
2) Suministro de fondos para la funeraria municipal, cancha en los Castillos y un play de béisbol (entregó el 20% del presupuesto).
3) Suministro de fondos para la construcción del cuartel de los bomberos y defensa civil Sosúa, monto total de: 35 millones de pesos con el desembolso del 20% en el día de hoy.
4) Circunvalación Cabarete paralizada por aumento en el presupuesto, se realiza nuevo presupuesto para reiniciar la obra.
5) Aprobación de 55 millones alcalde Roquelito para la construcción de aceras, Contenes y de más.
6) Coordinación CORAAPLATA para la construcción de nuevo acueducto para Sosúa, Cabarete, Montellano y Pto. Pta. y de manera inmediata la realización de pozos para suministrar agua a Cabarete y a Sosúa.
7) Instrucción a gobernadora para entregar seguro Premium del SENASA a playeros.
8)Instrucción Mitur y ProMipymes para préstamos a los playeros Sosúa.
9) Construcción del palacio municipal en Sabaneta de Yasica, 6 millones de pesos.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This is from Detras Del Rumor

PRESIDENTE ABINADER EXCLUYE AL TURÍSTICO DISTRITO CABARETE DE ASIGNACIÓN DE RECURSOS PARA OBRAS
En el acto celebrado en Playa Sosúa, el presidente Abinader anunció bla entrega de millones de pesos a diferentes ayuntamiento de esta provincia Puerto plata, pero a pesar de la importancia de Cabarete como destino turístico el presidente no anunció entrega de ninguna ayuda para el referido Distrito, al contrario dijo que la circunvalación no va, incluso al Director Distrital Freddy Cruz no se le extendió una invitación para que participara del acto. Cabe preguntar ¿Por qué Cabarete no representa una prioridad, es a caso porque ese Distrito el gobierno local no es del PRM, o es que esa población costera no merece la atención y cuidado del presidente?
This would seem to indicate that the president has something against Cabarete and its mayor, Freddie Cruz. Does anyone know why that would be so?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
This would seem to indicate that the president has something against Cabarete and its mayor, Freddie Cruz. Does anyone know why that would be so?
I think it is because mayor of Cabarete is a supporter of a different political party. It is and always will be "you rub my back and I will rub yours"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Freddy is PLD and Abinader is PLM. Party affiliation does matter from time to time. I suspect it does this time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Cabarete bypass was being bypassed because of lack of sufficient funds. Hopefully the new additional funding is forthcoming...
Before the equipment rusts into dust.

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
One thing you have to say for Willie is that there are noticeable improvements getting done under his watch.
The sidewalk from Sosua to Charamicos is one example and they appear to be fixing some other sidewalks and streets in town
So it's a start

They have been talking about the beach improvements for a number of years.
Perhaps if the money they are talking about actually comes through and the vendors are allowed to remain it might actually happen this time.

Reactions: windeguy

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
They have been talking about the beach improvements for a number of years.
Perhaps if the money they are talking about actually comes through and the vendors are allowed to remain it might actually happen this time.

Any beach improvements will be private money - because it's happening on private property. And that won't happen till the land owner and investors decide the timing is right. My opinion is that they will accommodate a few of the existing vendors, but most will have to vacate or be bulldozed.

I love the smell of diesel in the morning. Right Big?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When they 'revamped' Playa Grande.... the vendors' lives improved dramatically !

I doubted it - but it did
They thinned the group and relocated them

Reactions: BermudaRum

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Any beach improvements will be private money - because it's happening on private property. And that won't happen till the land owner and investors decide the timing is right. My opinion is that they will accommodate a few of the existing vendors, but most will have to vacate or be bulldozed.

Not saying the government will do it, but the beach is public property.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

correct, except they will need a excavator not a bulldozer :)

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Attachments

• thumbnail_sosua walmart.jpg
    thumbnail_sosua walmart.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 112

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Not saying the government will do it, but the beach is public property.

The public beach property consists of 60 meters of sand, maybe a few overhanging trees and Big Mama's place. But everything else up to the highway is privately owned. That's the part of the beach that will eventually get improved. Most of the beach vendors are on that private property.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The public beach property consists of 60 meters of sand, maybe a few overhanging trees and Big Mama's place. But everything else up to the highway is privately owned. That's the part of the beach that will eventually get improved. Most of the beach vendors are on that private property.
Oh, ok. I thought you meant the beach itself. Aren't there any kind of adverse possession laws here?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You have to read the Listin Diario article linked in the post on the president's trip postponed by Grace

It says that much of the land was donated by a family with big property holdings

"Don Andrés Pastoriza en representación de las familias Tavares y Pastoriza Tavares donaron una parte de sus terrenos para la solución propuesta por el gobierno.

"Pastoriza dijo que su familia ha estado ligada a Sosúa durante más de 80 años, razón por la que han decidido ceder esos terrenos para contribuir a la recuperación del turismo en esa comunidad."

I think that this project has pretty well been worked out

Reactions: Billp16 and cavok

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It is absolutely mind boggling to me that the Bar Owners and other businesses on the Beach , all seem totally oblivious to this ..
A number of them have U Tube Channels , with very nice videos about how they BUILT their Business and their Loyal Clientele , and talk about their future plans of like for example bringing in a small Kitchen Area, expanding the Bar .. Installing New Sound sytemss , etc etc .

How in the world do these people not realize that all this Investment can one day in the blink of an Eye , just be bulldozed , because they are essentially SQUATTERS on Private land .. Its one of the mysteries of Sosua Beach I will never quite understand .. were these “ owners/ Investors” LIED to ? , or are they just Daft in the head ? who are they PAYING and what Kind of “ Lease” do they have .

Are they satisfied jut Gambling that they will recoup their investment before the bulldozing starts ? . I just cant understand it at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.