Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
All I know is, I started visiting in 2001, lived in Sosua from 2012 to 2016...over that time Sosua had become increasingly more boring and much less outrageous during those years.
I was bored with it after the first 6 months and once my year lease ended
I split. The only thing I miss is that morning swim out to the reef and back.
They can keep the rest.

Reactions: jd426

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I was bored with it after the first 6 months and once my year lease ended
I split. The only thing I miss is that morning swim out to the reef and back.
They can keep the rest.
Sosua is my favorite place. I love the beach, I love the little towns surrounding Sosua. I love sleepy beach towns with nice people...Sosua fit the bill. I know Sosua is looked at as some kind of "whore town" but to me it is not, it is only a very, very small part of what goes on in the town. I am really upset that Sosua is now actively recruiting corporate ownership of the town and beach...I suppose it was inevitable. I have seen it happen to other places I love.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sosua is my favorite place. I love the beach, I love the little towns surrounding Sosua. I love sleepy beach towns with nice people...Sosua fit the bill. I know Sosua is looked at as some kind of "whore town" but to me it is not, it is only a very, very small part of what goes on in the town. I am really upset that Sosua is now actively recruiting corporate ownership of the town and beach...I suppose it was inevitable. I have seen it happen to other places I love.
Yep.
I've seen it happen in other parts of the world as well. In some cases a completely different town within a 6 month time frame. This country has changed a great deal since I first moved here 10 years ago and I'm starting to explore other options as I do not like the direction the current administration is taking us.

Reactions: ramesses

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
This is very true. But.

I remember back in the day a fella standing in the middle of PC peeing, he was not wearing a shirt or shoes, he was dragged off by the cops....I remember gentlemen having sex with girls right on the beach...it's only the tip of the iceberg of what was happening in Sosua back in the day. Not to mention the shootings right in the center of the action. The current Sosua is very tame towards what was happening...you might even say it is boring.
The same things go on today and every day, on the beautiful beaches of Rio, Brazil....0nly on a much larger scale...and you never see a video about that ........

Reactions: cavok and ramesses

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
My favorite small beach town in the 70"s ,,,was on the far south of the Mexican pacific coast....In 1971 it was a fishing village about 300 people in paradise, today a city of over 70,000....................

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
My favorite small beach town in the 70"s ,,,was on the far south of the Mexican pacific coast....In 1971 it was a fishing village about 300 people in paradise, today a city of over 70,000....................
That reminds me of the final scene from "Shawshank Redemption" if you've eve seen the movie. My idea of paradise.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
That reminds me of the final scene from "Shawshank Redemption" if you've eve seen the movie. My idea of paradise.
The Mexican beach town is Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca....they broke the mould when they made that one, but then the tourists moved in and it was basicly ruined....sad to see Sosua go that way............

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The Mexican beach town is Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca....they broke the mould when they made that one, but then the tourists moved in and it was basicly ruined....sad to see Sosua go that way............
I thought that's where you might have been talking about. I was there in the mid 80's and it was still very nice. Sad to hear.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
My " spot" / Beach is at the very end of Samana Peninsula .... Las Galeras... a Magical place where Time Stops for me .
I hope it never ever changes , or it will be a very sad day for me ..
Numerous posts and info about it on here .. Fronton, La Playita , Playa Rincon, etc ..
Anyone who has not been there, you really owe it to yourself, before it changes .
The Drive out is also really nice , once you get past Samana City .

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
My " spot" / Beach is at the very end of Samana Peninsula .... Las Galeras... a Magical place where Time Stops for me .
I hope it never ever changes , or it will be a very sad day for me ..
Numerous posts and info about it on here .. Fronton, La Playita , Playa Rincon, etc ..
Anyone who has not been there, you really owe it to yourself, before it changes .
The Drive out is also really nice , once you get past Samana City .
I have a couple of times taken the bus or driven to Las Galeras when I really wanted to get away from everything.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I thought that's where you might have been talking about. I was there in the mid 80's and it was still very nice. Sad to hear.
A good friend of mine back then owned the coast north of town.. the big house on the point with the 2 bays next to it...now its all hotels and villas very expensive, back then it was my private playground........

Reactions: cavok

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
All I know is, I started visiting in 2001, lived in Sosua from 2012 to 2016...over that time Sosua had become increasingly more boring and much less outrageous during those years.
I've been coming since 2002 and that is my impression as well.
But I do sometimes wonder if that isn't at least partly down to just becoming jaded with the whole thing.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Are you denying the Statistical FACT of a Covid Baby Boom ? I thought you believed in Stats, and Facts ?

your assertion of a " favorite topic" seems rather shallow .

More births , = more moms who need money for Leche and pampers .

who is gonna pay it . you ?
Please provide a fact of evidence that pregnancies are up during Covid ..you never provide proof of single thing that you type, please provide this one.. worldwide pregnancies are down during Covid ..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Please provide a fact of evidence that pregnancies are up during Covid ..you never provide proof of single thing that you type, please provide this one.. worldwide pregnancies are down during Covid ..
Please tell me you are joking ..
u did not know this ?
Pregnancies even go up during Bad weather and Electrical Outages ..
u really need a Link to an Article to believe it ?
lol

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Please tell me you are joking ..
u did not know this ?
Pregnancies even go up during Bad weather and Electrical Outages ..
u really need a Link to an Article to believe it ?
lol
Well just maybe...most of the haitian women I see are very pregnant...and we all know what causes that.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Well just maybe...most of the haitian women I see are very pregnant...and we all know what causes that.
They were googling NATIONAL stats . and not looking at what is right in front of them .
Technically they are correct ... Nationally.
but the Poorer and lower Socio Economic Groups ,are making Babies like Champs .. its a pandemic of Babies among the lower classes , they got nothing else to do .

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They were googling NATIONAL stats . and not looking at what is right in front of them .
Technically they are correct ... Nationally.
but the Poorer and lower Socio Economic Groups ,are making Babies like Champs .. its a pandemic of Babies among the lower classes , they got nothing else to do .
Nothing else to do like look for work ?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Nothing else to do like look for work ?
It is very hard for people with the education level that many of the young ladies have to find work, no matter how hard they try. And for the Haitian girls who are here to support their children and hopefully send some money back to their families, it's almost impossible. Unlike the Haitian guys who can usually find work in construction etc.

But I do agree that it would make a lot more economic sense if they could manage not to have so many children.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It is very hard for people with the education level that many of the young ladies have to find work, no matter how hard they try. And for the Haitian girls who are here to support their children and hopefully send some money back to their families, it's almost impossible. Unlike the Haitian guys who can usually find work in construction etc.

But I do agree that it would make a lot more economic sense if they could manage not to have so many children.
Seems the conundrum of poor people worldwide, some who think large numbers of offspring will support them in later years ?
Or they got the Catholic indoctrination