Only a fraction have renewed vehicle tax stickers

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I've gone through many road checkpoints, even stopped a couple times, but have never had a problem with the partial tint at the top of my windshield. Almost all public taxis and guaguas have that.
The partial tint is not a problem, a complete tinted windshield is.....well according to the law....

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
How do I remove the tint on the front windscreen ..I would like to do that before sticking on my new marbete.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I've watched them do it when I put on new tints. They seem to get a razor blade under a corner and then they just peel it off.
A razor blade works with this to get it off.
1670282682927.png

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They might use that, and I've never noticed, but once they get a corner up, the tint usually peels off quickly in one sheet and leaves very little residue.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I got mine last week at Assoc. Nacional on my way to Playero. In and out in less than 5 minutes. I put those stickers on very lightly or they are hard to get off. Of course, many Dominicans like to have their window plastered with marbetes from the previous 10 years.
Some gringos do the same. It reminds me of the students in college that kept 5 or 6 ski lift tickets wired to the zippers of their parkas that they always wore to the bar to advertise their athletic prowess.
Some people like to prove they are 'old timers' and 10 marbetes mean theyve been around. .
Either that or they can't afford a razor blade to scrape it.
Probably never empty and clean ash trays either.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I only have tint on maybe the top 8" of the windshield and I put the sticker on the glass right below that. It's hard enough to see at night with the generally poor street lighting and all the oncoming idiots that refuse to dim their brights. I can't imagine tinting the entire front windshield, even with a high transmissibility tint.
I wish every moto who has a strobe headlight would be seized and crushed - no chance to fix it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The guy I use to do my tints doesn't use that trash bag at all. He has all the old tints off and the new ones on in a little more than 2 hours.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Last year I got pulled over for driving without sticker, loaner car but I sorted out right there... Phone called the owner and put the cop in the phone she explained the sticker was in the car dealership in La Vega no time to go get it probably because is a spare car...
Finally I got a Chance!

JJ

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
You mean it’s not a law to keep them there forever????? 😊
When I sold my car last year I had every Marbete and Revista (remember those) from 2007 to 2022. Could barely see out the passenger side of the windshield.
It drove AMET crazy as they had to actually look for the current one.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
When I sold my car last year I had every Marbete and Revista (remember those) from 2007 to 2022. Could barely see out the passenger side of the windshield.
I found an easy way to remove them. WD-40, spray it on and it becomes easy to remove. And on something totally different WD-40 will kill bugs and cockroaches better and faster than any bug spray..............

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I found an easy way to remove them. WD-40, spray it on and it becomes easy to remove. And on something totally different WD-40 will kill bugs and cockroaches better and faster than any bug spray..............
A razor with some Windex also does the job very well. I don't think they use the same adhesive these days as they used to use.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I'll be doing my renewal for the 1st time. My sticker expired last month.

Do I just bring the bank a copy of the "Certificado de Propiedad de Vehiculos de Motor" to the bank?

Or, do I have to bring the original that I got from the car dealer?
original and a copy for them to keep

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I didn't want them removed. Irritating cops is kind of a hobby. Especially useless cops like AMET