Dear Doctor Badpiece...

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am not arguing with someone I do not understand.
I was married for 27 years and worked very hard at it. Too many things to write about on DR1.
I got divorced because my ex was a beer bellied cheater who didn't understand what an honest relationship is.
Do you always need to be right or do you simply like attacking anything any woman says?
Now be a good boy and go work on your relationships with women who will listen to your BS.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
I am not arguing with someone I do not understand.
I was married for 27 years and worked very hard at it. Too many things to write about on DR1.
I got divorced because my ex was a beer bellied cheater who didn't understand what an honest relationship is.
Do you always need to be right or do you simply like attacking anything any woman says?
Now be a good boy and go work on your relationships with women who will listen to your BS.

Darn it took you 27 years of marriage to realize this about your ex-husband wow!!!!! It take you quite a bit to decipher and detect things!!!!

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
As a boomer, I don't think you can completely blame boomers for the state of things in the US. I think that there is really a "gender war" going on, and it's the younger gen that are the soldiers. It's much broader than the interaction between man and woman. It gets to the heart of defining family, and defining the roles of men and women.

Just one example. Most men I know (me too) are pretty good fathers by any way you want to define it. We look at Mother's Day and we see motherhood being honored. However, when Father's Day rolls around, we have to listen to lectures on how men should be better fathers. Despite the fact that probably most men are good fathers, we are marginalized.

Now, this carries over into other aspects of what we as men do in our various relationships. After a while, it makes no sense to continue taking this kind of treatment (unless we are masochistic). Someplace else may or may not be better, but it will for sure be different.

If it was all about "just sex", why do you think so many guys come to some place like the DR, and quickly become so attached to one woman (even if it's the first woman that they met)?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
The problem is that a lot of men think that all women want is their money, don't trust or respect women in general, unfortunately. I never had a problem sharing income with my spouse or paying bills, and would do the same all over again if I knew he truly loves and respects me. Lack of trust and respect for each other is the main problem, I think.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Baby Bori that was funny! What can I say? I am a blonde. Ever hear of the saying love is blind?

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Another problem is the old school mentality of some women who expect for the man to cover the majority if not all expenses in a relationship in order to be with that man in a relationship. The first couple of slip ups or if he suggests she assist him to cover expenses she might catch an attitude and end the relationship. This mentality is quite common in the DR its prevalent. Some women also expect favors in return for platonic friendship what you could or might be able to do for them in the future. The majority of women in the DR are this way. In the DR sooner or later they will charge you in exchange for their supposed friendship!!!

Reactions: RacerX
May 29, 2006
I think both men and women seek romance in the DR or away from their own country trying to avoid having the same problems they had before.

There are cultural norms that are pluses and minuses in both countries. One thing I learned is when you date a Dominican, don't go petting the Haitian neighbor's little black goat. You might end up with an earfull about "magico negro." Who knew?

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
As a boomer, I don't think you can completely blame boomers for the state of things in the US. I think that there is really a "gender war" going on, and it's the younger gen that are the soldiers. It's much broader than the interaction between man and woman. It gets to the heart of defining family, and defining the roles of men and women.

Just one example. Most men I know (me too) are pretty good fathers by any way you want to define it. We look at Mother's Day and we see motherhood being honored. However, when Father's Day rolls around, we have to listen to lectures on how men should be better fathers. Despite the fact that probably most men are good fathers, we are marginalized.

Now, this carries over into other aspects of what we as men do in our various relationships. After a while, it makes no sense to continue taking this kind of treatment (unless we are masochistic). Someplace else may or may not be better, but it will for sure be different.

If it was all about "just sex", why do you think so many guys come to some place like the DR, and quickly become so attached to one woman (even if it's the first woman that they met)?

I m with you man, all I m saying is that if someone throws out phrases like "real work" and "honest relationship" then they should explain to me what that is. But no, I get insulted and told some other woman should explain something some other woman said. Ha! Not enough room in the insane asylum to buy that one.

And I never blamed baby boomers or "old fogeys" for the state of interpersonal affairs in the US. I m just saying that I thought this generation had all the answers. And me on the battlefront? Nope, I capitulate, wave the white flag and stay in the DR.

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
The problem is that a lot of men think that all women want is their money, don't trust or respect women in general, unfortunately. I never had a problem sharing income with my spouse or paying bills, and would do the same all over again if I knew he truly loves and respects me. Lack of trust and respect for each other is the main problem, I think.

Well, not to be naive but we have all heard certain women say 2 things:

a. I want the good life(usually defined as resplendent in possessions), and;
b. I can do bad all by myself(hmm, didnt Tyler Perry make that movie?)

Never heard a man say that. Men usually say:
a. It's not you, it's me, and;
b. That btch crazy.