Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Wait , hold the Phone .. Ahnvee is closed down ? 2 years ago ? really...

Their Website is still up though .. Can anyone else confirm this
Maybe it closed briefly(?), but from what I've heard. it was open all during the pandemic, even when all the other bars and restaurants had to be closed during the curfew. Bourbon Street inside Ahnvee did get closed down or evicted.

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This government along with Mr. Collado has made very clear their intentions
to create a more family friendly atmosphere and draw in a different type of
tourist to Sosua. Some people get it, some people don't. We can crack jokes
and pick fun at what will and won't be but I think we can all agree this administration
has been doing (thus far) exactly what they said they were going to do from day one,
hence my belief this will be done and over with sooner rather than later.
I still think it wise to be discrete when indulging in activities not everyone is comfortable
regardless whether or not they are legal.

Reactions: drstock

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Wait , hold the Phone .. Ahnvee is closed down ? 2 years ago ? really...

Their Website is still up though .. Can anyone else confirm this
It is open and has been for sometime. Before the scamdemic it was closed briefly but then opened again with very limited access ..Without getting into detail it seems to be in full bloom again at present.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It is open and has been for sometime. Before the scamdemic it was closed briefly but then opened again with very limited access ..Without getting into detail it seems to be in full bloom again at present.
Actually, access wasn't that limited. Two years ago some friends of mine went there for Halloween. They told me there were at least 700 people outside lined up on the street to get in before curfew hour. It was a mob scene fighting to get in. They showed me pics inside - totally packed. For a long time, it was the only place to go.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Actually, access wasn't that limited. Two years ago some friends of mine went there for Halloween. They told me there were at least 700 people outside lined up on the street to get in before curfew hour. It was a mob scene fighting to get in. They showed me pics inside - totally packed. For a long time, it was the only place to go.
As I said , I wont get into detail.

Reactions: CristoRey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
As I said , I wont get into detail.
Is one of those details the fact that many of the chicas were renting rooms in there? Two to three girls to a room or more. Also, it was no problem for any of the hotel guests to brings girls back there. I doubt there's any detail I don't know. There's no secrets in Sosua.

Reactions: CristoRey

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Ahnvee made tons of money during covid but it has been having a hard time lately. Pretty quiet place now.

Reactions: cavok

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Ahnvee made tons of money during covid but it has been having a hard time lately. Pretty quiet place now.

Dont fret , Sosua has had a longer shelf life then I ever will on these forums.It wont be long before the reports and blockade nazis deem me bad for business and Ill be out of your pelucas soon enough lol. Ride the ferris wheel while its in town.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Dont fret , Sosua has had a longer shelf life then I ever will on these forums.It wont be long before the reports and blockade nazis deem me bad for business and Ill be out of your pelucas soon enough lol. Ride the ferris wheel while its in town.
Sumting tells me this amusement park has been open a few times in the past.

Interesting choice of names, I may add.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Sumting tells me this amusement park has been open a few times in the past.

Interesting choice of names, I may add.
Haha . I admit to having haunted many houses in the past but I am a virgin in this tunnel of love..
There are some " men of a thousand faces " who master the art of reincarnating themselves after rising from the grave of forum exile but I am not that talented . Sorry to disapoint you.

Reactions: Tamborista

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
To be fair Christo , and just so " some individuals " dont accuse me of putting white pillow cases over scare crow heads in Alabama corn fields
what started emerging while social media was just starting to squeeze its ugly head through the birth canal was the bars once filled with drunken Witzeldorfs raising stiens and chanting oom pa pa at 7 a.m each time the soccer ball hit a goal post , gradually transitioned to gold chains , boxers up to the neck and profane chourses of 50 cent and Lil Wayne vomiting M F N....R from every other bar in town.

Sosua as beautiful as it is and with all its potential has suffered from a chronic black eye that the largest raw sirloin cant conceal

The govt started this clean up process about 12 years ago by removing all the street vendors ,forcing the bar owners to take the tables off the street and put Martha Stewart curtains on the windows

at least 50 to 70 percent of all the " hooker bars " are yesterdays wet news paper..

Sir, you have gift.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Don
Don't worry about me, just trying to clean up any misconceptions. I tend to find out stuff for myself and don't particularly rely on advise from people who have never been there. Just a guy who wanders around aimlessly people watching in the holy grail town for the pastime. Vegas is a distant second place for the art of watching folks.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Perhaps I have it all wrong.
This fella must know something that we don't as it wouldn't make a whole lot of
sense to build more at this point unless you've been given some assurance
the developer(s) don't plan to remove these folks anytime in the near future.
I thought the same thing . Strange how 1 brand new ultra modern bar was recently opened and another shortly to follow , especially because they are right in the center of the beach where the supposed hotel and condos will be built . 2 plus 2 suddenly equals 5 .
Either they do know something we dont , or they dont know anything and they are just wishful dreamers who think worst case scenario is that all existing bars will have to renovate or move as a current bar owner recently shared with me...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Perhaps I have it all wrong.
This fella must know something that we don't as it wouldn't make a whole lot of
sense to build more at this point unless you've been given some assurance
the developer(s) don't plan to remove these folks anytime in the near future.

That would have to be some astronomical pre-planning prior to some multi million condo/hotel towers breaking ground. That's just not how it's done.

They'll get knocked down just like the rest of them. People invest stupidly and waste money all the time. Sosua Beach is no different.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
That would have to be some astronomical pre-planning prior to some multi million condo/hotel towers breaking ground. That's just not how it's done.

They'll get knocked down just like the rest of them. People invest stupidly and waste money all the time. Sosua Beach is no different.
Agreed ! Considering the new bar is 100 % Dominican in terms of a very small clientei and ambiance , the owners could be unsuspecting gringos with pie in the sky high hopes being victimized by a quick money grab before the Tonka trucks level the freshly painted dry wall . Heck of a way to " pay your dos " and a costly lesson but it has happened to many American dreamer down here , and take into consideration they have no more rights to land than anyone else the logic makes more sense even in pesos.
That said , if the blissful theory and gossip about a newly renovated Sosua beach with fewer but newer and nicer store fronts has any doubtful truth to it then I prefer and would accept that version of change over the proposed staus quo.
To put a half bit cherry on top of it , there really is no sense in erecting a Dominican style hood willy bar with a tux on to cater to and bait the Jones family from Wisconsin staying at Marriott or new high end condo and bluxury boutique hotel next door..

Status
Not open for further replies.