Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Entrepreneurs on Sosúa beach do not feel heard

Spokespersons for three trade unions criticized the government's plans for the restructuring of Sosúa beach. According to the spokespersons, including the Association of Craft Sellers of Sosúa Beach, the beach is owned by the Dominican population. Entrepreneurs with a multitude of companies have been active on this beach for 40 years.​

Entrepreneurs on Sosúa beach do not feel heard

Entrepreneurs on Sosúa beach do not feel heard​

These include restaurants, bars, liquor stores, dining halls, shops, warehouses, banks and cafes. In addition to owners of boats, catamarans, snorkelers, divers, glass boats, banana boats, hairdressers, masseurs, manicurists, musicians, fruit growers, beach chair renters, shrimpers, and oyster farmers. But also motoconchos, taxis, public transport and hardware stores and supermarkets depend on it. According to these union representatives, the beach is the largest job engine in Sosúa. Now, the privatization of the beach threatens to take all these entrepreneurs out of business. At least, so far they have not been involved in the change plans. The unions are now calling on the government to involve entrepreneurs in these plans as soon as possible so that the unrest that has now arisen can be resolved.​

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Beach is the largest Job Engine in Sosua?
That is definitely not what the whoremongers say.

Is the unrest that has arisen caused any violence yet? I'd like to know when those shacks are coming down so I won't be anywhere near there for a day or two.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Is the unrest that has arisen caused any violence yet? I'd like to know when those shacks are coming down so I won't be anywhere near there for a day or two.

Once again you are putting your ugly personality on display.

Sosua Beach indeed is a job engine.
Much of Sosua's tourism exists because of the beach.
Sosua is a viable community, with Dominican atmosphere.
Hotel guests, divers, go to the beach.
Restaurants and shops on PC live from tourists on the daily treck to and from the beach.

Are you angry because Cabarete is dead, devoid of atmosphere resembling a strip mall with a traffic jam?
A retirement community for gringos in condos.
Beach bars and restaurants in Cabarete could be anywhere in the world, certainly not worth a trip to the DR.
Guess promoting your rentals may be motivation.

Anyone who wants Cabarete will go there.
More are choosing Sosua Beach and Sosua.
Any tourist will want bars and restaurants and shade trees right on Sosua beach.
Not at a plaza at the entrance.
Just as tourists did not want to sit inside of restaurants or bars with doors and windows closed and A/C.
Winter tourists want to be outside and enjoy the tropics day and night.

Regardless,
Dominican politics, business and money from investors will be the deciding factors.
Tourists and retirees will decide where to spend their money.

Stick to playing music in Cabarete for the gringo retirees, to make them feel at home.
They'd be bettor off on a California beach.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Where does your anger come from? You seem consumed. What happened to you. It's been this way for years now.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That is not the e
Where does your anger come from? You seem consumed. What happened to you. It's been this way for years now.
That is not the message I got from Windy's comment at all. As much I like Sosua Beach, I would not want to be there for the first few days the shacks are removed.
Apparently, these folks were not included in the meetings with the Minister of Tourism and I understand why they feel left out.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
That is not the message I got from Windy's comment at all. As much I like Sosua Beach, I would not want to be there for the first few days the shacks are removed.
Apparently, these folks were not included in the meetings with the Minister of Tourism and I understand why they feel left out.
I am talking about his obsession with "whoremongers". He mentions them often, for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Restaurants and shops on PC live from tourists on the daily treck to and from the beach.

Are you angry because Cabarete is dead, devoid of atmosphere resembling a strip mall with a traffic jam?
Beach bars and restaurants in Cabarete could be anywhere in the world, certainly not worth a trip to the DR.

Any tourist will want bars and restaurants and shade trees right on Sosua beach.
Just as tourists did not want to sit inside of restaurants or bars with doors and windows closed and A/C.

Regardless,
Dominican politics, business and money from investors will be the deciding factors.

Stick to playing music in Cabarete for the gringo retirees, to make them feel at home.
My thoughts are... that if you run those chicas and the mongers out of Sosua, many " tourists " will also be gone... remember during this pandemic the fun town on the north coast was quite busy...Sosua is what it is, and trying to change it is a waste of time and money..........

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I am talking about his obsession with "whoremongers". He mentions them often, for years.
What would you like to call them? Sure it’s a stereotype but if shoe fits..so has this merry go round for last 15yrs on this board ..nobody likes change its part of life..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Regardless,

I merely stated that the whore mongers think they are the fuel for the most important job engine in Sosua. You must have missed their amusing diatribe in other previous threads how Sosua would disappear without them. Are you also one of them thus so offended? It appears you are using the code word "tourist" for "sex tourist" when it cums to Sosua. I could be wrong...

No matter, the government will clean out the shacks, a few businesses will remain at either end of the beach and we will see how it goes from there.

By the way, the gigs I play are from Cabarete to Sosua. Lots of old retired folk in Sosua. More than in Cabarete. Cabarete is also in the distract of Sosua when it comes to the government. I have no anger if there are only condo owners and snowbirds in Cabarete. I see that as the natural progression that has happened for years. More houses and condos and fewer hotels for Cabarete as well as Sosua. If there was never another tourist it would not "anger" me in the least. Not sure why you think it would trouble me, but it doesn't.

What any tourist might want is not what the government has planned for Sosua beach. Are you angry over that? If so , you will have to get over it.

I don't expect the Sosua beach unions to have much if any say in what happens next. This has been planned for years and seems to be happening soon.

How soon before they remove the beach shacks?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No anger at all. Whoremongers have the right to be. There is ZERO anger from me over them. I find them laughable, but that is about it. Must be something about that word that troubles you??

It is the DR government that wants whores and whoremongers out of sight and out of mind at the east end of one small street in Sosua. I could care less where they are in Sosua. Take that up with the DR government in Santo Trafickjam.

Now, how long before the beach shacks are gone from Sosua Beach?

Will I be angry if the beach shacks go or stay? Not in the least.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
No anger at all. Whoremongers have the right to be. There is ZERO anger from me over them. I find them laughable, but that is about it. Must be something about that word that troubles you??

It is the DR government that wants whores and whoremongers out of sight and out of mind at the east end of one small street in Sosua. I could care less where they are in Sosua. Take that up with the DR government in Santo Trafickjam.

Ok, I go to the beach and walk the town day and night and all I see is single gentleman seeking chicas. All the restaurants and bars are 90% single gents maybe with their chicas. 90% of the hotels are 40 to 70 bucks and are chica friendly ,which means you can bring back as many guests as often as you want. So please report as to why they are not the most significant source of cash in Sosua proper.

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It has even moved east to Cab. most hotels are chica friendly as well now. Guess they want some of the gents cashola as well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ok, I go to the beach and walk the town day and night and all I see is single gentleman seeking chicas. All the restaurants and bars are 90% single gents maybe with their chicas. 90% of the hotels are 40 to 70 bucks and are chica friendly ,which means you can bring back as many guests as often as you want. So please report as to why they are not the most significant source of cash in Sosua proper.
Because the article indicates that Sosua Beach is the financial engine that drives Sosua. That will prompt disagreement from whore mongers as your post above demonstrates.

By the way, moving the whores and whoremongers, that you call gentlemen and I find that laughable, to the end of one small street in Sosua, might mean you have to walk a different path to see them in the near future.

As I state above, I have no anger, just amusement at the situation.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

the beach is the largest job engine in Sosúa.​

See the original post from Sosua News.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Regardless,

... I agree with this post 100% ...
( not the personal jabs between you 2 guys , and perhaps the Sarcasm in his tone which I think you may have misunderstood ) ,

but the CONTENT of your post is spot on ..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Refer to my post many moons ago.
NO ONE , NO ONE drops $250 A day ( and that does NOT Include the Hotel ) , ON FOOD, DRINKS AND "ENTERTAINMENT" .. NO ONE .. OTHER THAN THE DIRTY you know whos

Many may not like it , but that is a mathematical fact ..
windy just likes to argue , but he knows its true
when was they last day he spent $250 in a single day in sosua ... never , no cheap Charlie Expat does...
Facts are hard ..

and YES , the Beach is the attraction to BRING them to Sosua .. if they wanted No Beach they would go to Medellin , a lot cheaper , and a LOT more Action .

the beach is the largest job engine in Sosúa.​

See the original post from Sosua News.

And why is this Mutually Exclusive of the other Mathematical Facts ?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Nothing that bothers me. I have just noticed you talk about them often...like every day. I suppose I am wrong, it just looks to me that you are obsessed with the fact they are around. My bad, it appears you are fine with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.