Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You get used to the heat right???!!!

Summer used to be my Favorite Season, now here in the DR I HATE IT!! I can't wait for winter which I used to HATE! Funny how things change.

Seriously I will get used to the heat and humidity right? In a year or so???!!!!

I know lots here seem not to be bothered by the Heat but of those who used to, please say you don't notice it as much :-)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll get used to it...but you have to get out in it! I'm orginially from Houston, Texas and it is humid as Satan ballzsack there. I never did mind the heat until I moved away and then came back to visit. You'll aclimate...give it time and get outside! lol...

Good luck!

3. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the heats getting worse. more and more unbearable. maybe its cause im overweight.....never gotten used to the heat here and im from florida.

5. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You just "manage" to pass by the summertime (mid June to mid-September). Anything else is bearable and actually fine October through March.

The trick is not to be out and about on the streets between 1 pm and 5 pm, try to do everything you need to do on the streets before noon, and then take the afternoons off in summertime, If you work, work from airconditioned home office during the afternoon,s hit the streets for errands, meetups, etc. during the mornings.

7. Likes Harleysrock, GinzaGringo, Chennifer liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually hoping the heat helps me loose a few....you know....give me that optical inch! lol...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What heat?

I love it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    Summer used to be my Favorite Season, now here in the DR I HATE IT!! I can't wait for winter which I used to HATE! Funny how things change.

Seriously I will get used to the heat and humidity right? In a year or so???!!!!

I know lots here seem not to be bothered by the Heat but of those who used to, please say you don't notice it as much :-)
    See if you can get to 2000 posts by Sunday, and I will buy you an AC!

11. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the winter, endure the summer. I try to get away for at least a month between June and October - just got back so still two more months to go before it gets bearable again.

13. Likes rubio_higuey, Chennifer liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm with NV: it's hell. i love four seasons and the fact that all weather was temporary. and i loved british weather, waking up not knowing what the day is gonna be like. the summer in DR is getting worse and worse for me. i do not go out for days. i like hurricanes and winters and all those prolonged rainy seasons. heat? hate it.

15. Dislikes puertoplataprincess disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    See if you can get to 2000 posts by Sunday, and I will buy you an AC!
    I have one in the bedroom but since we get 8-12 hours of street power if that and it is an inverter one i only have it on at night for a short period.

One night i almost slept in the pool when we didn't have any street power :-)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast