You get used to the heat right???!!!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
A friend of ours came in Friday and is miserable with the heat. And she is from the Midwest. It is hot here in the Capital no doubt about it. I really limit going out during mid-day. The less I move around the cooler it feels, hence no cooking, cleaning, etc..lol

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
A friend of ours came in Friday and is miserable with the heat. And she is from the Midwest. It is hot here in the Capital no doubt about it. I really limit going out during mid-day. The less I move around the cooler it feels, hence no cooking, cleaning, etc..lol

Normally the heat does not get to me but I'm NOT in the city. It FEELS hot today sitting and doing nothing with the fan on high.

Sosua, Dominican Republic Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

You can click on the map and locate some weather stations in your area. It will not help you get cooler other then the excuse to sit and do nothing in front of a fan awhile longer.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is something about a cloud of dust over the atlantic that causes all this heat.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
this is something about a cloud of dust over the atlantic that causes all this heat.

I would guess that it does. When I got up this morning a very high brownish haze could be seen. So that might be trapping some of the heat. The wind has picked up but it "feels" dry even with a humidity of 77% at my place. POP, and you, are all hazy so even the wind is not blowing it away.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

Could be. I was reading about it the other day about an african dust cloud that's traveling across the atlantic.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Summer used to be my Favorite Season, now here in the DR I HATE IT!! I can't wait for winter which I used to HATE! Funny how things change.

Seriously I will get used to the heat and humidity right? In a year or so???!!!!

I know lots here seem not to be bothered by the Heat but of those who used to, please say you don't notice it as much :)

Go to Sosua beach for a swim and enjoy plenty of shade trees.
Cold beer hot chicks!:lick:

May 29, 2006
I heard something on the boards a while back how when there is dust in the rain in the DR you should avoid it. I know it can be visible on cars when it's really bad.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just spent 4 hours in one of the poorest barrios in La Vega. Hotter than hell, no breeze and no trees. Thankfully there was shade.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I heard something on the boards a while back how when there is dust in the rain in the DR you should avoid it. I know it can be visible on cars when it's really bad.

What rain? I understand the hazard but no rain is in sight. And we very much need the rain.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I just spent 4 hours in one of the poorest barrios in La Vega. Hotter than hell, no breeze and no trees. Thankfully there was shade.

Hi Bob. I bet it was hotter then anyone would care for. I hope that your being there worked out and was worth it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hi Bob. I bet it was hotter then anyone would care for. I hope that your being there worked out and was worth it.

Not really, one of my wife's aunts died last night after having surgery. Her daughters are poorer than church mice and have no concept of organizing anything. Their older brother is in the USA and agreed to pay my wife for everything. She would have done it regardless. They had no spot to bury her...etc. So today was the wake, and we brought the coffee, supplies and then bought the food when we got to La Vega. It was like a maze trying to find the place. Thankfully early Sunday traffic is light. lots of plastic pools put up right in the street.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Not really, one of my wife's aunts died last night after having surgery. Her daughters are poorer than church mice and have no concept of organizing anything. Their older brother is in the USA and agreed to pay my wife for everything. She would have done it regardless. They had no spot to bury her...etc. So today was the wake, and we brought the coffee, supplies and then bought the food when we got to La Vega. It was like a maze trying to find the place. Thankfully early Sunday traffic is light. lots of plastic pools put up right in the street.

Geeezzz Bob. Give us a challenge? Sounds like it WAS the day from Hell.

What can I say other then I wish you and yours well.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Good Morning. Looks like about the same today, perhaps a little cooler, but with MORE dust in the atmosphere. The rising sun is.... brown and POP is still in a haze and can only make out the outline of the mountains. I ran my hand over an outside table and it is covered with a very fine layer of dust.