Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default old cedulas valid until 10th of january 2015

El Caribe » El 10 de enero vence la cédula vieja

pass this info forward, many dominicans still did not change their cedulas and soon the offices will be full to the brim.

there was no info in the article as far as the cedulas of extranjeros are concerned. i will call JCE in SD tomorrow to check with them and post the results.

2. Likes sabra liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    El Caribe » El 10 de enero vence la cédula vieja

pass this info forward, many dominicans still did not change their cedulas and soon the offices will be full to the brim.

there was no info in the article as far as the cedulas of extranjeros are concerned. i will call JCE in SD tomorrow to check with them and post the results.
    This was my idea as well, to ask in JCE. But I guess our spanish is better than mine, dv8.
    So I wait for your next report.
    BTW - guess tomorrow they will be closed, because of changing the holiday 'día de la constitución' from
    6th to 10th November.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

dang, you are right. i will call tuesday then. even JCE may not give straightforward answer. sometimes one person will say one thing and another person will say something different but i prefer to speak with them directly anyways.

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

They will extend this period for Dominicans, as always. At least 6 months more.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

so i called JCE. the guy i spoke to said that yes, all cedulas will expire. but current orders of JCE is to change old extranjero cedulas until september 2015.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Changed my cedula last Saturday in Santo Domingo (weekends are apparently quieter than during the week). Took all of 10 minutes. No lines, only 2 people waiting for theirs ahead of me. Personnel was very helpful, pointing me in the right direction after each step and very courteous. I also noticed that they extended the expiry date to match the one on my residency card which is great since it was supposed to expire next year while my residency is still good for 3 years. When you go, don't forget your passport, valid residency card and current cedula. They let me keep my old cedula so that's the one that I'll be using whenever I'm asked to leave one to for example enter gated residential area.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

so i called JCE. the guy i spoke to said that yes, all cedulas will expire. but current orders of JCE is to change old extranjero cedulas until september 2015.
    Does that mean that I can safely leave going to get my new biometric one until into the new year?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    Does that mean that I can safely leave going to get my new biometric one until into the new year?
    Yes you can. The expiration dates are now matched to the expiration of your residency. At least that means fewer trips to Santo Domingo for renewal.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    i wouldnot do it. as i posted on a different thread on 15th of november:

called JCE in SD again today. ALL OLD CEDULAS WILL EXPIRE IN JANUARY. you need to change now. it is still gratis. you need old cedula and passport, nothing more.
    centro de cedulacion de extranjeria will be open all week. monday to friday 8 am to 6 pm. saturday 8-4, sunday 8 to 2.
    the lady i spoke to said she does not know what will happen after january, whether there will be a payment or some other changes. so go and change the cedula now.
    it is clear that even JCE people in extranjeria do not know what will happen in january. you may end up going to SD twice because no one knows what to do or paying for the cedula. who knows. do it now if you can.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What if you have a cedula just expired in july ? Do u need to change this ?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast