1st Annual North Coast Charity Golf Classic

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have just one question:

Isn't the Copa Brugal being celebrated this weekend and next? Or was it last weekend and this weekend?? Sorry, not much into golf right now.

HB

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The other tournament

Golf Course

There is a link on the right side of their home page for the Brugal.
The N.Coast Charity Classic is a for-fun and charity tournament.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Guys, I certainly don't wish to be the voice of doom but could you keep your eyes on the weather system currently called invest 97 which, if becomes a depression will be TD9, I think. It's a long way away but there is some consistency in the models which put it north of Puerto Rico by next Saturday..........and it's BIG so the rain area it covers will be considerable.

Just mentioning it in case someone needs to think of a Plan B. Or are all of you toughies who will play through rain? (And maybe a bit of breeze?) :cheeky:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Just mentioning it in case someone needs to think of a Plan B. Or are all of you toughies who will play through rain? (And maybe a bit of breeze?) :cheeky:
Don't you just LOVE the British understatement??????
A BIT of breeze she says!! :ermm: :cheeky: ;) :eek:gre:

It would be quite a novel experience I suppose though to DRIVE the green on holes ONE, Thirteen, Fourteen & Fifteen, drive to the pond on number 5 yet take 7 or 8 shots to reach the greens on most other holes!! Should be a FUN day!!! ~ Grahame.
(Robert - If you want to make a profit on the day have your drinks cart FULL of balls to sell!!)

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Weather

Inclimate weather has been considered and awaiting confirmation of a rain-delay date if needed. We expect it to be the next Sunday but not confirmed.
We would like to urge those whose names appear on the posted player's list to please pay as soon as possible if you haven't already. It will help greatly for planning.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
New 9/01

Another new sponsor: Guzman-Ariza Law Firm Sosua/N. Coast: thank you Alberto & partners for US$500 cash donation ! and for sponsoring a player.

The following people have signed up and are confirmed for the 1st Annual North Coast Charity Golf Classic:

Garth H, Beverly H.-Pedros McMurphy's
Pete R
Bill J
Doug H
Linda H
Tom W
Hillbilly
Steve P
Grahame B
Paul F +3 (Brittania Bar & Grill Team)
Mark Y and Veronica-Miramar Las Canas
William G. and Doug G.-Fiesta 151
Ted F
Phil H, Dave A., Berry T., Roger K. (Outback Safari Team) (p)
Dom P & Carol Ann
Chad
Oscar , Arturo, Kevin, Alberto-Mi Taverna Team (p)
BoricuaJo (p)
Ted D.-piano man (p)
Chip B.-NCR
Mike R. (p), Lee B. - B&B
Jon W. Bernie, Guille K., Gordon G. - DREAM Team
N. Coast Divers: Joaquin D. & Rick J.
Jose Carlos - Guzman Ariza

Total 42
10 slots left.

Please sign up for the fun as soon as you can.
2 new surprise sponsors signed up this week, TBA tourney day.
Thanks to Dale for some great give-away stuff.

Las Canas management, pre-tournament party place, has asked that noise after 9 p.m. be kept to a minimum in consideration of other residents.

Sponsors who want to bring logo banners to the course are welcome to do so.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sponsors

Sponsors who would like an RNC number from our charity Hogar Crea plz let me know, they are a registered non-profit DR institution.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nice to see lots of familiar names and sponsors.

Shaping up to be a great event, really looking forward to it.

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
Another new sponsor: Guzman-Ariza Law Firm Sosua/N. Coast: thank you Alberto & partners for US$500 cash donation ! and for sponsoring a player.

The following people have signed up and are confirmed for the 1st Annual North Coast Charity Golf Classic:

Garth H, Beverly H.-Pedros McMurphy's
Pete R
Bill J
Doug H
Linda H
Tom W
Hillbilly
Steve P
Grahame B
Paul F +3 (Brittania Bar & Grill Team)
Mark Y and Veronica-Miramar Las Canas
William G. and Doug G.-Fiesta 151
Ted F
Phil H, Dave A., Berry T., Roger K. (Outback Safari Team) (p)
Dom P & Carol Ann
Chad
Oscar , Arturo, Kevin, Alberto-Mi Taverna Team (p)
BoricuaJo (p)
Ted D.-piano man (p)
Chip B.-NCR
Mike R. (p), Lee B. - B&B
Jon W. Bernie, Guille K., Gordon G. - DREAM Team
N. Coast Divers: Joaquin D. & Rick J.
Jose Carlos - Guzman Ariza

Total 42
10 slots left.

Please sign up for the fun as soon as you can.
2 new surprise sponsors signed up this week, TBA tourney day.
Thanks to Dale for some great give-away stuff.

Las Canas management, pre-tournament party place, has asked that noise after 9 p.m. be kept to a minimum in consideration of other residents.

Sponsors who want to bring logo banners to the course are welcome to do so.

Tflea,

More than happy to contribute. Please note that Guzman Ariza's player is Joel Carlo, not Jose Carlo.

Alfredo

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
OOPs

Lic. Guzman - sorry for my error on his name and YOURS as well. Thanks again for the support.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi

I have a quick question - with some nasty weather approaching the North Coast this weekend - what is the back up plan - when will the organizers decide if the tournament is on or delayed - if delayed - what alternative date are we looking at? Just want to check as some of us guys are coming up from the Capital - Thanks Oscar

P.S. I dont mind playing in the rain - but hurricane winds might be a little too much :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DRIGA: My point exactly. Not that i worry about hurricane winds along the north coast. More than likely it will be lots of rain that will make the course almost unplayable. It don't drain all that well...

It might be a good idea to figure out a rain date if things get really wet. (Or set up an open bar with lots of food and some good taxi drivers to get us home afterward???)

Damn, I wish I could do that shyte still but I am getting too old and too conservative to get drunk with golf buddies any more....and I still have to work on Mondays anyway!!

So, please see about alternate dates, just to be on the safe side....because Ike should be here or near here i n 4 days (Wed, Thurs, Fri, SAT!!!!), at least according to the advisory..

HB

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The committee met again tonight to discuss many things about the tournament, including the possibility of rescheduling. Our tournament chairman, Tflea will be updated everyone ASAP as he is in discussions with Playa Dorada about this situation. The committee is also concerned for those that are traveling a great distance to be apart of this event, along with the safety of all. Please be assured we will respond at the earliest possible time via DR1, our information sponsor.

Thank You

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Update Sept. 3 @2245

We meet tomorrow morning with course manager/president to try and get a rain-check day set; how reliable he will be is not yet a slam dunk, he is sometimes 'busy'.
We will also be making our case about caddies, or the no-need of actually.
The weather plan is:
By no later than 08:00 Saturday morning, Sept. 6 we will make a collective decision on whether it is a go or-no go. If that time and date is too late for any participants we'd like to have your feedback as to si or no.
Ike is being fickle, as Hanna was fickle, as mother nature is fickle. We do NOT want to reschedule if it is going to be a little drizzling rain here and there and a 20 knot wind -- that should be playable. But we also do NOT want to get drinched, drunk and windswept all the same day. Yes, some DO have to work on Monday and those from Santiago or SDQ need some lead time, we are very aware of that.
Please plan on coming as planned. We still have a few stragglers not paid yet. Maximum player count is right at full and those registered and paid on originally sked date will have priority if a resked is necessary.
We will Tee Off at 0930 so if you want to take a few practice putts or hit a few range balls, please arrive earlier to do so.
Thank you all for your support, your participation, patience and a great group of sponsors.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi All

The MiTaverna team is planning on arriving Sat morning - unless advised otherwise - we will check the website on Sat morning before departure to make sure the tournament is still scheduled as planned. A little rain or wind has no effect on us - if anything it might improve our game or give us some valid excuses for alot of slices... :)

We support the sponsors decisions and just let us know when to start driving NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to the organization group and as we say at MiTaverna - C U SOON

Oscar

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good Information and wise people making wise decisions.
I shall make plans to be there early Sunday morning (I could not take a night out with those guys from Mi Taverna!!)

HB