2016 Semana Santa death pool

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I do not think accident is a good word to describe many of these fatal events. In order to qualify as an accident it usually requires that the event be unexpected and unintentional. Driving drunk at hi speed at night without headlights and being in a wreck does not qualify as an accident. Going swimming off Cabarete on a windy dark night in high surf then drowning is not an accident. Maybe its just me. Kind of like beauty is in the eyes...... sort of thing but lots of DR events are not accidents.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Bavaro Digital is saying 39 so far. I think they count alot more than COE. At any rate its DV8s call.

The facebook link is from Bavaro Digital and two hours old. Well, maybe there were another 20 crossing Jordan in the last two hours. Who knows...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They haven't included the 86 year old guy hit and killed by a 20 year motorcyclist on Friday in Jarabacoa one street over from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The facebook link is from Bavaro Digital and two hours old. Well, maybe there were another 20 crossing Jordan in the last two hours. Who knows...

Never ever listen to your wife without first counting it yourself. I know this but still screwed up. You are right its 19.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Okay guys, no more US politics, back to dead people please.

Taken care of. I didn't hand out any infractions this time, but as a reminder I am allowed to give them for going off-topic.

The points add up quickly and it can get people banned for the silliest of reasons, so please everyone keep this in mind.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is everyone's last warning. Off-topic, baiting posts will get you an infraction and your post deleted.

-Berzin

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The baiting is the post before mine. I just responded. Made the mistake of driving to the super-market. After about a half-dozen near accidents I made it home safely, and put the car away.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The baiting is the post before mine. I just responded.

I just caught it and deleted it. Next time just ignore it and report the post. We'll take it from there.

I took the liberty of fixing your original post so no one will respond with snark.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
As a long term participant and non winner of the dead pool I want to propose format changes. It does not seem fair that one person walk off with all the money and prizes. I suggest that we have a first second and third place winners with an equitable split of the prize money.