2022 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
It's even better with a premium subscription.
Windy.com uses 3 different models. I use it all the time. The Euro model seems to be the most reliable of the 3. So far it has forecast Fiona's track in advance very accurately.

Reactions: drisforme

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It is now at the point to enter the Mona Channel, right at the Puerto Rico SW Corner.
The last couple hours it was scratching straight West along the PR Southwest.
Now is the time to see it turn back on NWern directions, the sooner the better, leaving PR behind.
The East Side of the storm will punish PR for a much longer time to come, I fear the worst for the Island Neighbours.
Measured windspeeds are actually already on 85mphr.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The NHC is forecasting up to 25 inches of water in Puerto Rico. Those poor people, I cannot imagine how terrible that would be. Sunny and light breeze in Santo Domingo at the moment.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
It is now at the point to enter the Mona Channel, right at the Puerto Rico SW Corner.
The last couple hours it was scratching straight West along the PR Southwest.
Now is the time to see it turn back on NWern directions, the sooner the better, leaving PR behind.
The East Side of the storm will punish PR for a much longer time to come, I fear the worst for the Island Neighbours.
Measured windspeeds are actually already on 85mphr.
Supposedly 100% of the island is without power.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Rain started here in Santiago about half an hour ago.

We appear to be on the Western edge of the rain bands.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
The NHC is forecasting up to 25 inches of water in Puerto Rico. Those poor people, I cannot imagine how terrible that would be. Sunny and light breeze in Santo Domingo at the moment.
That's a crazy amount of rain. There are a few people post live streams from Puerto Rico on youtube, i didn't see much damage there. mostly palm tree branches.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Screenshot_20220918-155526_Wunderground.jpg

Reactions: MikeFisher

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Taken just s frw minutes ago showing todays rain so far at private weather stations. Don't believe all the hype on tv. But do be prepared.
Screenshot_20220918-155549_Wunderground.jpg

Numbers are temp. The arm with the bars off the end is wind. The highest I've seen is 3 bars, 49 mph.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
I read a note on a weather app that said the power outages in PR are causing issues with data collection. Even if the website/app shows the current time the data may not be real-time.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
View attachment 6334
Numbers are temp. The arm with the bars off the end is wind. The highest I've seen is 3 bars,

I read a note on a weather app that said the power outages in PR are causing issues with data collection. Even if the website/app shows the current time the data may not be real-time.
yep. been watching a stocking video call from friends in PR, nice trees in the garden went flying.
The Hurricane Wind Windfield is small and extends only towards the NE of the Center, so most should not get the full wind force.
But most of PR will fee TS Wind Force which apparently is enough for their never recovered(since Maria) electricity system.

Reactions: bellakins

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The Center left PR and shows WNW Tracking, that's what we need to see.
if it sticks teh next hr to this, means it is really back on Track and will not come straight to our side of the Channel straight on land.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
yep. been watching a stocking video call from friends in PR, nice trees in the garden went flying.
The Hurricane Wind Windfield is small and extends only towards the NE of the Center, so most should not get the full wind force.
But most of PR will fee TS Wind Force which apparently is enough for their never recovered(since Maria) electricity system.
Show the vid please. With time stamp

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
On the windy website it's updated four times a day if you have a premium subscription.

If not, you get updates twice a day, and they always indicate the time it was last updated.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
Here's the first part of Fiona in Santo Domingo from earlier, not super exciting unless if you like looking at rain videos :p

It rained for a minute. It hasn't rained the rest of the day, and it's cloudy but the sun is out. Right now I can see that the winds are picking up.

Aug 21, 2007
In Jamao we had about 20 minutes of high winds about an hour ago. The shades in my house were flying horizontally. No absolutely no winds, which is strange as there are constant winds here in the higher elevation where I live. Light rains right now. Hardly a drizzle.

Am alone tonight. Have solar power with backup from the street power. Been trying not to use electricity all day long so the batteries have a charge in case street power is off for some time.

Luckily, living in a small town, I always have people I can call in case of emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.