2022 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
In Jamao we had about 20 minutes of high winds about an hour ago. The shades in my house were flying horizontally. No absolutely no winds, which is strange as there are constant winds here in the higher elevation where I live. Light rains right now. Hardly a drizzle.

Am alone tonight. Have solar power with backup from the street power. Been trying not to use electricity all day long so the batteries have a charge in case street power is off for some time.

Luckily, living in a small town, I always have people I can call in case of emergency.
Most of what we see now is not directly to to Fiona. Influenced yes, directly not.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Here's the first part of Fiona in Santo Domingo from earlier, not super exciting unless if you like looking at rain videos :p

It rained for a minute. It hasn't rained the rest of the day, and it's cloudy but the sun is out. Right now I can see that the winds are picking up.
This NOT Fiona. May have some influence but not Fiona. I don't see a time or date stamp. I don't hear any relative time or place dialog.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
My wife confirmed me some areas in SD are flooded and had outages so I am sure Fiona will send more after-math soon when it goes more WNW tonight/tommorrow so DR will be hammered with these rain and portion of winds in NE of DR.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
My wife confirmed me some areas in SD are flooded and had outages so I am sure Fiona will send more after-math soon when it goes more WNW tonight/tommorrow so DR will be hammered with these rain and portion of winds in NE of DR.
that's the outer eastern bands of Fiona, nothing mayor.
Of ourse even such light stuff is flooding certain areas of the Capital and in other parts of the country, even here in PC we have road sections which are flooded after 30 minutes of normal rain. simple poor construction behavior, as we know it in DR all around.
The real stuff did not arrive, yet, and sure not on the far W in St Dgo.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
This is the right now/5PM position and Heading of the Storm Center.
It is on the SE Corner of the Mona Channel Heading NW towards Cabo Engaño.
If it hits here or stays a few miles over water can not be predicted, there is no such on the spot tracking to be forecasted.
It is on its way, here at my place we have a nice wind blowing dry so far. it goes in bursts, not something constant.

18 Sep 2022 - 21:00 UTC ...FIONA NOW MOVING JUST WEST OF PUERTO RICO AND HEADING FOR THE EASTERN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC... ...CAUSING CATASTROPHIC FLOODING... As of 5:00 PM AST Sun Sep 18 the center of Fiona was located near 18.2, -67.3 with movement NW at 9 mph. The minimum central pressure was 986 mb with maximum sustained winds of about 85 mph.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Cloudy skies. Nothing like a bad storm yet in Santo Domingo, or at least in the Poligono Central area. I even went shopping to Ikea today and it was full of people.

Friends have shared videos of Punta Cana, with intense winds and heavy rain. Seems much like friends have been sharing about Puerto Rico.

Status
Not open for further replies.