2022 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
dang you have so many apps open on your desktop..... if that storm brews up, pray it'll miss this time

It's worse, i'm kind of a computer
20220919_202246.jpg
junkie. if i could put two more screens on my desk i would. I've thought about putting a big screen in the center on the wall.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Found this on FB, La Vega bridge damaged

Source: Dry bridge falls on the Duarte de La Vega Highway behind the Ministry of Agriculture, according to the information provided to me had the bridge closed for several months, presumed that there is a deceased person.

View attachment 6393View attachment 6394View attachment 6395View attachment 6396View attachment 6397View attachment 6398View attachment 6399
I guess they knew that was coming for that reason the road was closed for a while already.... 🙄

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I'm thinking about Mr. Webster up there in the area of Cabo Frances Viejo.
He hasn't checked in.
Probably no electricity.
Here's hoping all is well.
I'm in Cabrera, close to him. No power in our area since early this morning. Was pretty wild here between 3pm to 5pm but just heavy rain now. Hopefully he is okay! I know of a few families around town who lost their roofs, lots of trees down, doesn't seem to be much flooding in town yet but I would say the rain is actually heavier now than it had been all day when it was much windier.

Reactions: Auryn and flyinroom

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Here in San Cristobal it finally started to sprinkle around 7 pm. Enjoying the lightning show as well.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
There is hope that a couple days after Fiona left to the North, the windshear shield(which could not bother Fiona by anything) is back down further South to minder development of the new system.
But too early to guess, as due Fiona conditions are messed up and need time to come to their steady level, so tracking can be calculated.
Basically, just by it's actual location and present winds out there, it would be wandering the Caribbean Sea South of DR.
No chance to tell about power development chances at this time.

Reactions: Auryn

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Fiona is determined to give us a big finale in the capital. After two days of pretty much nada we have had hours of lightning, rain, gusty winds and the power going on and off and on and off and on and off. Definitely what they'd call a mucky old night in the UK.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I guess they knew that was coming for that reason the road was closed for a while already.... 🙄
The bridge was suppose to receive repairs. When part of the highway sank a few months ago, it cause a misalignment between the bridge and the road. The purpose of the repair was to avoid building a new bridge. Well, now there is no choice.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The bridge was suppose to receive repairs. When part of the highway sank a few months ago, it cause a misalignment between the bridge and the road. The purpose of the repair was to avoid building a new bridge. Well, now there is no choice.
Looked like bad concrete and maybe bars exposed to the elements. That bridge would not have been salvageable if reviewed by competent engineers.
Hey the Cangreo Bridge still stands :)

• Wow
Reactions: bachata

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Heavy rain off and on now in Bavaro. Still no luz where we are. Many poles fell over by IMG hospital last night so that is at least part of the problem. Right across the highway from CEPM plant. They sent me a text to say they are working on it 🙄
I drove by there at 9am yesterday...did not see any poles down. Also drove behind CEPM...all looked fine.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I drove by there at 9am yesterday...did not see any poles down. Also drove behind CEPM...all looked fine.
PCMike...glad your well. I watched your TA live. In your opinion did the Cap Cana area get hit fairly hard? I have seen photos of the damage to SCC and Sanctuary. Asking because my brother has a condo in Cap Cana but cannot get a clear answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.