49 Dengue Deaths in 2015-Government Implements Plan

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Is it the chunky chicken mosquito or the dengue one (or both) that is the larger type with white feet?

Big rascals and white dancing shoes..... I have killed one

I think it's the chunky chicky.....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Is it the chunky chicken mosquito or the dengue one (or both) that is the larger type with white feet?

i never took a close enough look to recognize their shoes.
i was under the impression that one or 2 of the buggers is the same, able to carry D and C around.
me and the ole Lady are C survivors,
i don't let 'em come closer than shooting range to me,
and after the C experience(which came back after almost a year and lasted again long weeks of a P.I.T.Azz)
i am not any motivated to also experience the D drop of da buggers.
luckily none of the Kiddies got any of the stuff, yet.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was in the C thread..... Tommy Two Shoes the Mozzy

my friend had it..... C..... awful, she said..

last year (2014) I wore sleeves, legs, lotions all summer there..... I was paranoid

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
It was in the C thread..... Tommy Two Shoes the Mozzy

my friend had it..... C..... awful, she said..

last year (2014) I wore sleeves, legs, lotions all summer there..... I was paranoid

The gov. takes action what action ? In Brazil the released Sterile Skeeters and seems like their results are GOOD!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
3 of my 4 kids have had it, one twice, one had hemmorahgic, with platelets below 20,000 which is very dangerous.
My wife is a typical dominican mom, which means a trip to the hospital/doctor at any fever, nausia,or chough.
Pays off sometimes I guess.
WE live in SD, no standing water nearby.
I had Chinkunguyu, wished I had died, 2 kids had it, not very bad symptoms.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
3 of my 4 kids have had it, one twice, one had hemmorahgic, with platelets below 20,000 which is very dangerous.
My wife is a typical dominican mom, which means a trip to the hospital/doctor at any fever, nausia,or chough.
Pays off sometimes I guess.
WE live in SD, no standing water nearby.
I had Chinkunguyu, wished I had died, 2 kids had it, not very bad symptoms.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCC
what is platelets bellow 20000?
its not in my repertoire, yet.
as for chiqui,
it was fairly smooth on myself when i got it summer 2014,
but a heck of a bothering return this year.
my Mrs been like you described, let me die please,
at the same time but no rrturning symptoms so far.
as far as your mentioned typical domi mom runnikg to the clinic for every coughing or fever.
well, it wasnt sure not my cup of tea the first years down here, as i only went to the docs after ambulances scratched me off the pavements after accidents, i wholeheartly hate clinics.
but todays i blended in so to speak.
if the lil ones dont feel fine, it is myself who skips their schoolclasses and warms up the truck for the short ride to the clinic.
to date the breed always came out there with nothing more than a simple flu diagnozed, goood.
but in case a bugger stitched i the wrong stuff, i will be happy to have 'em there as early as possible.
there is no kidding around with any bugs deseases.
hey,
thats what we pay the bucks for the insurance for every month.
just do not make the mistake to bring the smallest ones to the same clinic for the normal shots and the emergencies.
they always hate the spots where they get their regular shots as babies/small ones.
so you would always have trouble to convince 'em about "no te preoculpes, hoy no te pu?an".
i always used the same spot for all vaccinations, and only for that, hated by each single one for LIFE,
and i have the clinic for everything else which they have no problem to visit Tia Doctora where they are allowed to play with the doctor tools and til now nothing hurts.
the special place for vaccinations is anyways only needed for the first 4 years, by the age of 4 they get that really tough and bothering full shot session which will last for 10 years.
then they are long old enough to take stuff as it is, no more fears, lol.

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
it's a blood cell count..... drops like hell with dengue.

I needed a month to recover to normal.... and I snap back fast, normally.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The government's plan to eliminate the mosquito that causes dengue, ChickV and zikavirus:

[rough translation]

Public health runs plan for prevention and control of dengue in twenty provinces

Ignacio Nova
Santo Domingo
The Ministry of Public Health, through its regional offices, provincial and health areas, began to implement a plan of action to prevent dengue, chikungunya and zikavirus and to eradicate the mosquito that transmits these diseases, Aedes aegypti.

The Health Ministry officials said that the conference was held from 9 to 11 of this month and described it as the first coordinated interagency action Action Plan to prevent and stop the spread of diseases caused by the Aedes aegypti designed and started to run the portfolio since last September 9th.

According to official reports, dengue has experienced dramatic growth in 2015 in Dominican Republic, threatening to spread and causing more than 50 deaths. In response, health authorities reported a structured and comprehensive and aggressive plan to prevent and control the disease and started to run, down to the most populous neighborhoods of at least 20 provinces across the country, according to reports.

The teams that carried out the Day of Prevention and Control of Foodborne Diseases Aedes aegypti received a warm welcome in the different communities where stirred up an enthusiastic and well attended.

Operational were coordinated and implemented from regional bodies of the Ministry of Public Health, especially the regional, provincial and addresses of health areas. They also attended by Interior and Police, the Fire Department, the distribution companies EdeEste electricity, EdeNorte and Edesur, neighborhood associations, local municipalities, the Ministry of Education (through students and teachers in public schools in the communities), community leaders, communes and volunteers from businesses and foundations in the intervened sectors.

During the visits, multisectoral and the Ministry of Public Health reported having delivered equipment larvicide, rodenticide, chlorine and printed information to the heads of families or in homes when implementing interventions.

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...ion-y-control-del-dengue-en-veinte-provincias

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

After research..........

aedes aegypti is the rascal.

Dengue, Chunky, yellow fever............

meldieching

Oct 28, 2014
Yeah, I think 49 is still a very low number which is actually better compared to others with a lot of dengue cases.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's DR1 news:

Dengue outbreak overwhelms hospitals

Public hospital outpatient treatment areas are overflowing with parents bringing in their children with high fevers, according to El Nacional. On Wednesday, 7 October 2015, it was reported that 65 children were being treated for the disease in just two public pediatric hospitals in Santo Domingo. Hugo Mendoza Hospital director Dr. Norvis Naut Subervi said one young girl, from Las Matas de Farfan in the southwestern province of San Juan de la Maguana, had arrived in a very serious condition. She added that yesterday, the hospital located on Charles de Gaulle Avenue in the eastern part of the city was treating 15 children including three in the ICU on Monday, 6 October 2015 followed by 33 new admissions that night.

Meanwhile, Dr. Jose Miguel Ferreras, director of the Dr. Robert Reid Cabral Children's Hospital, reported that they were treating 29 children of whom seven were admitted last night and that two babies were in the ICU in a very serious condition. The doctor said that the patients at his hospital were mainly from the provinces of Santo Domingo, San Cristobal and San Pedro de Macoris. He said that most of the children were making satisfactory progress and that they were being closely monitored.

El Nacional reports that according to the Ministry of Public Health the dengue outbreak has increased. So far this year some 6,266 cases have been reported with 73 deaths as of week 37 of the epidemiological report. Last year there were 49 deaths. A total of 24 provinces are on alert, including Santo Domingo, Dajabon, El Seibo, La Altagracia (Higuey), La Vega, Independencia (Jimani), Hermanas Mirabal (Salcedo), San Pedro, Sanchez Ramirez (Cotui), Monsignor Noel (Bonao), Monte Plata and Hato Mayor.

According to Diario Libre, the main factors behind the high death rate include wrong or late diagnosis and poverty.

http://elnacional.com.do/internan-65-ninos-afectados-dengue/