4th of July in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now, let's see........

Does that mean we'll be having 5 MANiacs there? WOW. More fun..
I think you can count me in. Have to see about the MRS...
HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Dinner is going to be $329 RD which is about 6.50 US for you dopes that cant convert for the time of your lives short of getting arrested!

Following the dinner will be fireworks at 11pm and then party hardy!

Puleeeeese don't forget to email Marco with reservations: rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com or call up the place 571-2951.

Tell him whether you are having Steak, Ribs or Chicken por favor!

So who is coming? So far we gotz

Scott
Toneloc24
Chester4 (ho boy) with kids, Ladybird or Sankie? maybe all the above?
Robert (do I assume correctly?)
Rocky (Heh)
Ted (Heh)
JimB
AZB and Transvestite girlfriend (But, he said she/he was great!)
Manxman plus 4 guests
Hillbilly and possibly wife
Debebe 4-5
Alberto

I am waiting to hear from some of you guys that haven't piped in.

How about it Shad, Dawn, Mr. Mike, Ricardo, Delores, Pam, Steve, Alanindr, D&D,Pibster, Conchman, Tiberious Mireoles, Island Treats, Chiri and all you others that need an excuse to get away for the weekend?

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I tell you why you can't attract so many people this time

I have heard that Xanadu ranch is having his own private 4th of july firework party in his mansion and you are not invited. Hahahaha. He is giving away free food and booze and cute santiago hookers for everyone who shows up. He did mention he will invite a UBH for you, in case you end up cancelling your own lame 4th of july party.
See you at my buddy's raunch.
AZB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Yeah, I went to the Ground hog day party with you I think. Maybe it was Rob, ya know I can't remember, maybe it was with Dawn. Sheesh, when you get to be my age you quickly forget everything.

It was a blast. Hundreds of people showed up. I guess I will have to entertain myself with the few lonely people that show to my gathering. Does that mean I have to take you and your tranny off my guest list? Maybe I should just forward the reservation up the hill and through the dale and way past grandmas house? But in El Choco of course:)

Scott

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Escott said:
Yeah, I went to the Ground hog day party with you I think. Maybe it was Rob, ya know I can't remember, maybe it was with Dawn. Sheesh, when you get to be my age you quickly forget everything.

It was a blast. Hundreds of people showed up. I guess I will have to entertain myself with the few lonely people that show to my gathering. Does that mean I have to take you and your tranny off my guest list? Maybe I should just forward the reservation up the hill and through the dale and way past grandmas house? But in El Choco of course:)

Scott

The only lonely person likely to show at your boring bash Scott is you, perhaps if you stopped being so unpleasant sometimes you might make a few real friends. You are adding people to your list that arent even coming, is that to make it look longer. Yish sad.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ladybird said:
The only lonely person likely to show at your boring bash Scott is you, perhaps if you stopped being so unpleasant sometimes you might make a few real friends. You are adding people to your list that arent even coming, is that to make it look longer. Yish sad.
I am coming for sure this time, especially when I am allowed to bring in my transvestite wife.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Ladybird said:
Ho boy... So who on my list isn't coming? If you don't come my heart will be broken although putting you there was just asking Chester who she is coming with not suggesting that you were either coming or not coming.

I am all ears on "LOOKING LONGER" so just fill me in when you get the chance. Also please tell me how to make real friends. I just can't wait to hear that also!

Scott

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Escott said:
Ho boy... So who on my list isn't coming? If you don't come my heart will be broken although putting you there was just asking Chester who she is coming with not suggesting that you were either coming or not coming.

I am all ears on "LOOKING LONGER" so just fill me in when you get the chance. Also please tell me how to make real friends. I just can't wait to hear that also!

Scott

My pm will explain, but Im not usually a hurtful person, my remarks were because of what you posted earlier. If I misunderstood I apologise grovellingly ok?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
No problem here. If there is someone on the list that isn't coming please tell me so I can remove them. As far as I know everyone on the list is coming with the possible exception of AZB's Tranny who may dump him before the 3rd of July since that is what usually happens to him! LOL

drsandy

Apr 16, 2004
wish i could b there

Escott said:
Ok, welcome my First Annual 4th of July Bash

Time:
JULY 3rd which is a Saturday evening at 7pm at Rockys Bar and Restaurant at #22 Calle Dr. Rosen in Sosua and go on until after 12pm which is the 4th of July.

Place: Rockys #22 Calle Dr. Rosen Sosua DR 571-2951

Dinner Menu: Will be posted within 1 week. Steak and Potatoes or Ribs or Garlic Chicken will be the dishes all served with a salad, hardy desert and coffee. Prix Fix at ????. Watch here in one week.

Who is invited: Everyone both Expats and visitors alike except the pain in the *** who thinks he lives in El Choco who will know who he is:)

Please sign up right here and send email to:

Rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com

My Thanksgiving Bash drew 150 and my Easter Bash drew 100 approx. Make it to this bash for the most fun possible short of getting arrested for it.

Escott

God i would love to come too!!!!!!!!!! But I am commited to going to Phuket and Australia now, so I will miss it. I hope everyone has a good time, especially Escott and Chester4!!!

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
drsandy said:
God i would love to come too!!!!!!!!!! But I am commited to going to Phuket and Australia now, so I will miss it. I hope everyone has a good time, especially Escott and Chester4!!!

Wish you could be here DRSandy... but I know you have commitments in Australia... :disappoin you have a good time there..... I will have some ribs in your honour at Escotts 4th July get-together and think about you!!!

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
sorry, looking for new fun

Escott,

I won't be signing up this time. A change is as good as a rest, my dear ex used to say... and, gee, it just struck me that this is also the motto of most men in this country. hee.

So... instead, I shall arrive incognito. That's right. Not sure how I'll be costumed, but it's time to throw a new curve.

Also, I would like to announce that my Barbados Rum Cocktail has been rechristened to:

"Dawn's Famous Cocktail"

Thanks for noting. Anyone who doesn't ask respectfully for it by its proper name... sigh, alas... Dawn wasn't able to make the party this time. :cheeky:

AZB... you non-show!! You better show.

And if I'm uninvited, if ANYONE thinks I've become to big for my boots, then tooooo bad.

I'll be organizing my own parties faster than you can say "DR1".

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
dawnwil said:
Escott,

I won't be signing up this time. A change is as good as a rest, my dear ex used to say... and, gee, it just struck me that this is also the motto of most men in this country. hee.

So... instead, I shall arrive incognito. That's right. Not sure how I'll be costumed, but it's time to throw a new curve.

Also, I would like to announce that my Barbados Rum Cocktail has been rechristened to:

"Dawn's Famous Cocktail"

Thanks for noting. Anyone who doesn't ask respectfully for it by its proper name... sigh, alas... Dawn wasn't able to make the party this time. :cheeky:

AZB... you non-show!! You better show.

And if I'm uninvited, if ANYONE thinks I've become to big for my boots, then tooooo bad.

I'll be organizing my own parties faster than you can say "DR1".
If you are bald with a Tranny on the arm I will NOT let you in. LOL

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Dinner is going to be $329 RD which is about 6.50 US for you dopes that cant convert for the time of your lives short of getting arrested!

Following the dinner will be fireworks at 11pm and then party hardy!

Puleeeeese don't forget to email Marco with reservations: rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com or call up the place 571-2951.

Tell him whether you are having Steak, Ribs or Chicken por favor!

So who is coming? So far we gotz

Scott
Toneloc24
Chester4 (ho boy) with kids, Ladybird or Sankie? maybe all the above?
Robert (do I assume correctly?)
Rocky (Heh)
Ted (Heh)
JimB
AZB and Transvestite girlfriend (But, he said she/he was great!)
Manxman plus 4 guests
Hillbilly and possibly wife
Debebe 4-5
Alberto
Incognito and ??

I am waiting to hear from some of you guys that haven't piped in.

How about it Shad, Dawn, Mr. Mike, Ricardo, Delores, Pam, Steve, Alanindr, D&D, Nikko, Chris, CC, Pibster, Conchman, Tiberious Mireoles, Island Treats, Chiri and all you others that need an excuse to get away for the weekend?

Please email reservations and choice of main to:

rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
How about it Shad, Dawn, Mr. Mike, Ricardo, Delores, Pam, Steve, Alanindr, D&D, Nikko, Chris, CC, Pibster, Conchman, Tiberious Mireoles, Island Treats, Chiri and all you others that need an excuse to get away for the weekend?

Am I on the "do not invite" list now too? No, No, don't apologize, I understand. You can't have too many ex-wives, future ex-wives or girlfriends all showing up at once. You did realize that the lug is leaving on the 30th?

So much for "darling". :rolleyes:

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Be careful

Remember, Marc and Ted are Canadian. Ted told me one time they learn in school that the war of 1812 was between Canada and the US. I tried real hard to convince him Canada wasn't a country yet and the damn British loyalist had a payback. Just watch out, that's all.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
MaryS said:
How about it Shad, Dawn, Mr. Mike, Ricardo, Delores, Pam, Steve, Alanindr, D&D, Nikko, Chris, CC, Pibster, Conchman, MaryS, Tiberious Mireoles, Island Treats, Chiri and all you others that need an excuse to get away for the weekend?

Am I on the "do not invite" list now too? No, No, don't apologize, I understand. You can't have too many ex-wives, future ex-wives or girlfriends all showing up at once. You did realize that the lug is leaving on the 30th?

So much for "darling". :rolleyes:
He told me that he was leaving but I was hoping to lure him back. You darling are always wanted and desired in the House of Escott. I wuv you, honest!

Escott,
Your Dominican Sword

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
5 AM history lesson

Tom F. said:
Remember, Marc and Ted are Canadian. Ted told me one time they learn in school that the war of 1812 was between Canada and the US. I tried real hard to convince him Canada wasn't a country yet and the damn British loyalist had a payback. Just watch out, that's all.

I admit that I never paid attention during history class in high school. It may have had something to do with that busty blonde who sat in front of me. I think she ruined my concentration.
So.... It's 5 Am and Ted is 3 sheets to the wind and he's giving me a quick lesson on the war of 1812. Knowing full well the effects of Presidente on our precious bartender at this hour, I thought it best to research Ted's info, before supporting any of his claims, such as the Canadians pushing the American forces back past Washington DC, at which point they burned down the White House and turned around and went back home, as there were no more enemy forces left to fight.
Excerpts from "history Central" website.
"On July 12, 1812, forces under General Hull crosses into Canada at Sandwich. The invasion is quickly stopped, and American forces are forced to withdraw. By August 16, Hull surrenders Detroit."
"American forces were defeated on October 13, 1812 at a battle near Niagara Falls, on Queenston Heights. The American officers were unable to convince militia troops to cross over to Canada and bring sufficient reinforcements to carry the day."
"British forces march on Washington. At a brief battle on the road, known as the Battle of Bladensburg; the British forces defeat the American forces, who withdraw in disarray, thus opening the road to Washington. The British burn the White House and the Capitol, but the rest of Washington is saved by a strong rain storm. The British, under orders not to hold any territory, withdrew."

Now we all know the results of this war. The United States got their independance, borders were drawn between the US and Canada and everybody lived happily ever after, but there's no doubt that Ted's info was fairly accurate.
The only problem here is that we got left with the frozen tundra and you guys got sunny Florida. It just ain't fair.....
Marco.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Rocky said:
I admit that I never paid attention during history class in high school. It may have had something to do with that busty blonde who sat in front of me. I think she ruined my concentration.
So.... It's 5 Am and Ted is 3 sheets to the wind and he's giving me a quick lesson on the war of 1812. Knowing full well the effects of Presidente on our precious bartender at this hour, I thought it best to research Ted's info, before supporting any of his claims, such as the Canadians pushing the American forces back past Washington DC, at which point they burned down the White House and turned around and went back home, as there were no more enemy forces left to fight.
Excerpts from "history Central" website.
"On July 12, 1812, forces under General Hull crosses into Canada at Sandwich. The invasion is quickly stopped, and American forces are forced to withdraw. By August 16, Hull surrenders Detroit."
"American forces were defeated on October 13, 1812 at a battle near Niagara Falls, on Queenston Heights. The American officers were unable to convince militia troops to cross over to Canada and bring sufficient reinforcements to carry the day."
"British forces march on Washington. At a brief battle on the road, known as the Battle of Bladensburg; the British forces defeat the American forces, who withdraw in disarray, thus opening the road to Washington. The British burn the White House and the Capitol, but the rest of Washington is saved by a strong rain storm. The British, under orders not to hold any territory, withdrew."

Now we all know the results of this war. The United States got their independance, borders were drawn between the US and Canada and everybody lived happily ever after, but there's no doubt that Ted's info was fairly accurate.
The only problem here is that we got left with the frozen tundra and you guys got sunny Florida. It just ain't fair.....
Marco.
The war was fought with the British because they hampered trade and shipping of the US. Canada was a colony and not a country. Loyalists from the US immigrated to Canada and were given grants of land to reward them by the King for remaining loyal to the Crown.

Canada never invaded the US, the Brits stationed in Canada did. The US was able to solve the problems that precipitated the war and the trade routes were opened to the US.

At the time the Brits had the strongest Navy in the World so the US was the underdog just to keep this in prospective.

Of course that soon changed.

Don't try to rewrite history. Canada didn't invade the US, the Brits did when stationed there.

Escott

Status
Not open for further replies.