4th of July in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
British North America or Canada, which was it at the time? I don't want to get this thread closed for not being DR related and sorry for getting off track. Marc, you tell Ted he has had an impact on how I teach this part of history. Also, when I was in Brazil recently, I told everyone I was Canadian.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How convenient...

Tom F. said:
British North America or Canada, which was it at the time? I don't want to get this thread closed for not being DR related and sorry for getting off track. Marc, you tell Ted he has had an impact on how I teach this part of history. Also, when I was in Brazil recently, I told everyone I was Canadian.

And the beautiful thing about all this Canadian/American stuff is that our country's celebrations are almost on the same date, so we get to party, no matter what. (Canada day being on July 1, of course)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ok, in celebration of the 4th of July and Canada Day we are having a party on the closest Saturday night to both which is on the 3rd of July.

Now was that a good rewrite or what?

Comon folks, lets get DOWN!

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Sorry to get off topic again, but this is funny. I used to work for a computer tech support call center here in Canada that serviced the U.S. A caller was surprised to be speaking to someone in Canada and said, "aren't you the guys that came down and burnt the White House?" When I replied, yes........ he said, "how much would I have to pay you to come down and do it again?"

Rose

Off topic

Many things can be read, many things can be typed.

I am also at a loss why some do not understand the words "off topic", maybe it is time to hit the delete button more often.

One thing in this world that cannot be legislated is "intelligence"

? Hlywud

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Hate to miss the first one

:cry: but, I'm leaving for the states on July 1st. Wish I had known about a month ago before buying my tickets! Have some ribs for me and Scott.... do take care so as not to explode your sparklers prematurely!! ;)

Dianne

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
D & D said:
:cry: but, I'm leaving for the states on July 1st. Wish I had known about a month ago before buying my tickets! Have some ribs for me and Scott.... do take care so as not to explode your sparklers prematurely!! ;)

Dianne
Comon Diane, I can hardly expload my sparklers to begin with... Who said that? I think it was Ladybird who said that of me or maybe she agreed with you. I don't know and either does she I SWEAR TO GAWD SHE DOESN'T!!!!

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Count me In

Escott said:
Ok, welcome my First Annual 4th of July Bash

Time:
JULY 3rd which is a Saturday evening at 7pm at Rockys Bar and Restaurant at #22 Calle Dr. Rosen in Sosua and go on until after 12pm which is the 4th of July.

Place: Rockys #22 Calle Dr. Rosen Sosua DR 571-2951

Dinner Menu: Will be posted within 1 week. Steak and Potatoes or Ribs or Garlic Chicken will be the dishes all served with a salad, hardy desert and coffee. Prix Fix at ????. Watch here in one week.

Who is invited: Everyone both Expats and visitors alike except the pain in the *** who thinks he lives in El Choco who will know who he is:)

Please sign up right here and send email to:

Rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com

My Thanksgiving Bash drew 150 and my Easter Bash drew 100 approx. Make it to this bash for the most fun possible short of getting arrested for it.

Escott

Scott,

I'll be there with my wife and son!!! I already emailed Rocky's. Can't wait to see the folks I met the last time I was there and the ones I haven't met.

MCM

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Escott said:
Comon Diane, I can hardly expload my sparklers to begin with... Who said that? I think it was Ladybird who said that of me or maybe she agreed with you. I don't know and either does she I SWEAR TO GAWD SHE DOESN'T!!!!

Come on now Scott if you keep denying it I'll have to post the pictures and after all you should be proud of yourself, 3 hours isnt too bad for a man your age. Also for your information Miguel how can I dislike you I dont know you, and Im 12 years younger than Scott!!!!! I might be in UK on the 4th of July so I hope you all have a good time.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A few Dominican aspects to the war of 1812

That we can talk about at the dinner...SEE OH MODERATOR? ON TOPIC>>>

HEHEHE

Really,

HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Escott said:
Dinner is going to be $329 RD which is about 6.50 US for you dopes that cant convert for the time of your lives short of getting arrested!

Following the dinner will be fireworks at 11pm and then party hardy!

Puleeeeese don't forget to email Marco with reservations: rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com or call up the place 571-2951.

Tell him whether you are having Steak, Ribs or Chicken por favor!

So who is coming? So far we gotz

Scott
Toneloc24
Chester4 (ho boy) with kids, Ladybird or Sankie? maybe all the above?
Robert (do I assume correctly?)
Rocky (Heh)
Ted (Heh)
JimB
AZB and Transvestite girlfriend (But, he said she/he was great!)
Manxman plus 4 guests
Hillbilly and possibly wife
Debebe 4-5
Alberto
Incognito and ??
MotorCityMike and wife and Kid
Christa and Richard
Rattus Rattus and Honey

I am waiting to hear from some of you guys that haven't piped in.

How about it Shad, Dawn, Mr. Mike, Ricardo, Delores, Pam, Steve, Alanindr, D&D, Nikko, Chris, CC, Pibster, Conchman, Tiberious Mireoles, Island Treats, Chiri and all you others that need an excuse to get away for the weekend?

Please email reservations and choice of main to:

rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com

Hey guys if I don't get a lot more I have to invite the boob in the boonies. He always tells me that he will come to make my parties good because they are such flops. Damn, now Christa is coming so he won't show! I remember the Ground Hogs Day party he threw. Roasted a whole pig and 3 people showed!

This is going to be more fun than sitting on your granddaddys lap and him getting a woody!

Scott

Last edited:

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Magna-Motors Harley Davidson

Is there anyone coming up to the 4th of July Party from Santo Domingo. The reason I'm asking is I need to buy a couple of Harley Davidson T-Shirts from Magna-Motors. If anyone is close to that location and it wouldn't be too much of a pain, I would appreciate you contacting me so I can tell you the sizes. I'll gladly pay you US$ at the party or can PayPal you in advance.

MCM

MotorCity Mike

Apr 9, 2004
Escott said:
Just ask Robert, I am sure he will even throw in a couple a hogs gratis!:)

The kind you ride or the kind you find in the bars......Oh I guess it's kind of the same :bandit:

MCM

pas

Jun 7, 2004
just 2 more weeks

and back to paradise...

will be there ....

meeting all the sosua fans..

have fun
pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.