A New Fashion? Doms?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
We dominicans are a minority in this blog

I'm certainly interested in getting opinions from our resident Dominicans, but I fail to see how Dominicans could be classified a minority.
Also, Australians are often affectionately referred to as Aussies, and it's not derogatory in any way.

To my knowledge is made up of in the majority of non Dominicans. Plus I grew up in the Bronx and was always mistreated
by others using names a Plantano, Doms. ect......... So is just my opinion as a resident Dominican of DR1 that is not cool. But lets not band it since we do have to respect free speech.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I dont like the term DOMs period

Hey I am terrible at arguing since i am very lazzy in looking for facts to back up my arguments. I cna only defend my feeligns and I dont like the abreviations We are Dominicans. Cpaitlalenos, Snatiagueros, Maenos, Mocanos ,etc............. and thst it. Dominicanyorks is ther term used by local Dominicans to describe somenethat migrated to NEw york and in most cases is used in a deragotory manner and if this blog is intended to respect the native of the country we all love we need to us Dominicnas.
Peor I understand that some of the Gold members here have never generalize about Dominicans in a negative manner just like i have never generalize about Americnas in a bad manner. We are all guilty of such atc.s
Chris ask if the term Doms was ofensive and two Dominicnas said yes. Does that answer your your question.

Chip........I ma not pointing fingers so please dont feel that you need to defend your selve. You are an adult and dont need to explain your selve to no other thnat your family. You are okay i nmy book. I just dont like the term.

Rocky, I understnad your arguments but is hard for Migul to like the term when he was discriminated as a kid with it.
El respecto al derecho ajeno..........La paz.
Benito Juarez.