A sad case. Drug mule story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2005
think so?............the feds will do some background on her.....and it may be they realize that she was a unsuspecting mule.....based on the amount of trips she has made to NY... her job, her family her bank accounts. her lifestyle.... and then just send her back...maybe she looses her visa......heck even america doesnt want to jail foreigners.......it would be wise and cheaper ...and maybe they pressure her to rat on the BF......a fake name is one thing...but she sees him regularly.... he would be easy to find.....

bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The only way she can get off with a small sentence would be to give up her boyfriend. He may be easy to find, but so would she when she returns.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
true but the feds will keep her for a while to see if they can turn her for info and then maybe deport her. all of this may even put her life in danger because of other dominicans in the NY area. either way she's in jail for a long while.
and they say women are smarter than men ?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
think so?............the feds will do some background on her.....and it may be they realize that she was a unsuspecting mule.....based on the amount of trips she has made to NY... her job, her family her bank accounts. her lifestyle.... and then just send her back...maybe she looses her visa......heck even america doesnt want to jail foreigners.......it would be wise and cheaper ...and maybe they pressure her to rat on the BF......a fake name is one thing...but she sees him regularly.... he would be easy to find.....

bob

That would give the mule's a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. In effect making recruitment by the dealers much easier. What will probably happen is that she will be charged with a crime facing multiple years of incarceration. She will be offered a deal to plead guilty to an "aggravated felony" with a sentence of one year. This will make her ineligible for a visa in the future. She would probably serve about 8-9 months with good time and work credit.
As soon as she serves her sentance she will have a seat on the next Thursday's flight of Con Air to SDQ.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
and then another flight to a santo domingo cemetary because she lost thousands of dollars worth of drugs she can't pay back and the info she gave up..

next mule !!

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
She is doing time..!!!

Even a snitch will get time..Like I said mabye 3 years and not 10...Then she becomes a dead snitch when she gets back to the DR for giving up a name..This is a no Win situation.....Of course she knew he was into drugs...Did she know she was carrying any ?? Only she knows that for sure..And the prosecution will make that the scenario....Guaranteed !!

Remember this happened at an airport.....After 9/11 the Feds are not taking things like this Lightly..... Sorry AZB but that's how it is .....

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
She will do some time but how much depends on how much cocaine was in the suitcase and what statments she made. The best thing she can do is to keep denying she knew it was there, although that is not much of a defense, it is certainly better than admitting guilt or changing her story. The fact that she was in and out of the country frequently does not help her. Most mules are caught because they have been in and out of the country many times and customs looks at a list of all people on the flight and picks 1 or 2 who have been in and out often to search their person and belongings. As a result, in their eyes and the eyes of the system, she is a long time mule who has finally been caught. Of course, there is no proof that she has been muling before this time but when it comes down to scentencing and the judge looks at all the evedence, her frequent travels to the US might hurt her.

Larry

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
very true. as many times as most of us travel to the DR if we got caught once we would be sentenced to life plus 900 years...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I don't think she knew the guy was a drug dealer. This woman works in a professional environment, have several employees under her. She works quite a few hours / week to be spending so much time with him. The drug dealers here are not like back home. The guys are polished looking, not your average pimp dressed thugs from the movies. There are many rich dominicans living in santiago and non of them are drug dealers. She was desperate to have a man in her life, being married for so long and now all of the sudden alone. She was fairly good looking and professionally dressed, a very delicately, elegant looking woman. Its very common for women of her type to get involved with a good looking bad guy. There are so many good professional women in santiago and so few good men. Women have to fight to hold on to their men. This is a common sight here. So naturally she fell in to trap with this guy.
Now there is a difference between this guy and a sankie. The guy in question was not letting her spend the money on him like the shameless sankies do. I am sure the guy had a late model car and was rich and more elegant looking than a zero education sankie from some callejon. No wonder the had confused him for a good catch.
Now I know she will do some time in fed. prison in USA. She will lose her job here and eventually lose everything in life.
Its a shame.
AZB

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
If it's too good to be true ...

It's a shame she was blinded by love for a con but, I can't imagine someone in her position (at a financial institution) not taking the time to verify any information about this guy ... does he have a job? how does he support his lifestyle? where does he live? who are his friends? ... etc. etc. She will definitely be a guest at one of Uncle Sam's penitentiaries. Hope she learns that blind love is not the same as blind justice.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Guys like him look for women like her. They are generally elegantly handsome and sweet talker yet they set the rules once the woman is in their hands. I guess she was so impressed by him that she went blind. Maybe he had told her he has a business in santo domingo or in NY. Who knows, I never met the guy and lately she was also rarely seen in any public places. She was tied down to her work and house and was not allowed to go out. the guy was very strict with her. He had her in his fist.
Once she was caught in NY, the guy just disappeared. He is no where to be found. This explains who was the real culprit in the case. No one knows where he is at the moment.
I hope she gets a fair trial.
well, I hope she gets a fair trial.
AZB

Oct 29, 2006
AZB, yo keep saying throughout this thread that this woman is well educated, professional, smart, etc.

Let's get a few facts straight:

1.-A really educated and smart woman, would never tolerate that kind of
relationship, unless she's willing to take the chances and possible outcome
of such an adventure.
2.-Love is a stupid word to use in this or any similar case, anybody who is
supposely educated, is responsible for all his/her acts, relationships and
consequences. Looking the other way, because you have a good sex
partner, does not exclude you from those responsibilities. Neither does
being weak.

In my opinion, this woman is not and should not be qualified as intelligent.
Professional, I'm sure; elegant and sophisticated, perhaps; holding a few university BD and MD does not make you intelligent.

Sep 19, 2005
AZB, yo keep saying throughout this thread that this woman is well educated, professional, smart, etc.

Professional, I'm sure; elegant and sophisticated, perhaps; holding a few university BD and MD does not make you intelligent.

Are you saying intelligent people never get dupped?....did you know the most successfull trial laywer in america....got swindled by a guy he trusted . He hired a guy we had confidence in to buy and manage his collection of collectable cars... and the guy scammed the lawyer for millions....the lawyer with all his wisdom and money got suckering into believing in someone...and love wasnt even involved!!!!!!!...that would make it even easier......

Oct 29, 2006
No. I'm not saying that, you did.

What I said very clearly is that it's incomprehensible to me, how an intelligent, well educated person, can become so blind, lower his/her guard so much, as to become stupid.

And yes, I refuse to accept love (a concept/feeling that should take years to develop) as an excuse.

I'm not getting involved wether she's guilty with the drug traffic or not, we simply don't know, I'm not getting involved either with the justice system anywhere. I hope she's clear of all charges.

But guess what? , I would not bet 2 cents against the odds of her getting involved with similar characters in the fuuture.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ask yourself, how many times have you taken on a plane a package your friend has given you?
with friends we used to transport bags of stuff for each other when i lived in london.
it is a question of trust, i guess and this poor woman has put her trust into some low-life....

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
The issue isn't whether she's intelligent rather it's her naivete in trusting this guy and not checking out his background. Perhaps she's an intelligent woman in her interaction with people of equal education but, was ill prepared in dealing with a con.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
ask yourself, how many times have you taken on a plane a package your friend has given you?
with friends we used to transport bags of stuff for each other when i lived in london.
it is a question of trust, i guess and this poor woman has put her trust into some low-life....

All she had to do was be truthful with preflight security when thay asked her if she had been given anything by anybody to bring onto this flight and had personally packed her own bags.. She would have subjected herself to a search before the flight, but at least she would have had documented that the bag was not packed by her before anything was found.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
true.
but: have you ever said: "no, i have sth packed by a friend" yourself, howmar?

Status
Not open for further replies.