Aduana vs Couriers. Again?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So if the list price of the 24" monitor is $249 and I have an invoice stating $129.99 before all taxes and other fees, then they are going to tax it at Aduana as if it has a value of $249?

That depends. Ship it 10 times and get 10 different results.

Feb 7, 2007
One thing is MRSP, another things is the price everybody sells it for.

E.g. if you can demonstrate that this monitor sells at 10 different outlets for under 200 dollars, you will have much better chance to succeed your case (in case the package is audited) than if you buy t at a one-time special, and it otherwise retails for over 200 dollars in most places.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I have a bottle of *lotion* in limbo in SD with JetPack since 11 November. No one can tell me why it hasn't gotten here yet, when 2 other bottles I ordered in the exact same Amazon order arrived in a timely fashion. One speculation I've heard is that it's a search for explosives, since anything can be in the bottle. But if that were true, I'd think that all 3 bottles would have been flagged and held.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
One thing is MRSP, another things is the price everybody sells it for.

E.g. if you can demonstrate that this monitor sells at 10 different outlets for under 200 dollars, you will have much better chance to succeed your case (in case the package is audited) than if you buy t at a one-time special, and it otherwise retails for over 200 dollars in most places.

Well in that case, they can just deem the price of a 24" computer monitor to whatever they want it to be-So what is the point of partaking in that exercise?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Jimmy, in my packages waiting for EPS pickup here is SD, there just happens to be a 24 inch monitor.
Tomorrow after pickup I will post the complete charges.
The Toshiba laptop I ordered was $289.00 on Amazon,I will post all those charges as well.
Sounds like the "No Invoice" BULL$HIT, is just THAT!!!!!!
They CLAIMED "No Invoice" on the laptop.
I just emailed a printout of the invoice from my AMAZON email saying it had been shipped to EPS.
But the delay was still over a week.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Jimmy, in my packages waiting for EPS pickup here is SD, there just happens to be a 24 inch monitor.
Tomorrow after pickup I will post the complete charges.
The Toshiba laptop I ordered was $289.00 on Amazon,I will post all those charges as well.
Sounds like the "No Invoice" BULL$HIT, is just THAT!!!!!!
They CLAIMED "No Invoice" on the laptop.
I just emailed a printout of the invoice from my AMAZON email saying it had been shipped to EPS.
But the delay was still over a week.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thanks Criss, will be interesting to see and I'll be watching out for it. Probably I am going to have to cancel the order as it is a monitor that's almost 50% off its MSRP, so I imagine they are going to try and tax the item even through it is well under $200 on the invoice. This is all quite ridiculous.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have NEVER had to pay more import duties, no matter the list price of an item, only on the invoiced cost if OVER $200.00.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I have had the same experience with EPS also. Also never have had a hold up in Customs. They must have a hook there.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I have not seen any other mention of the selfishness, practically cruelty of this action of the aduana. If this action continues many children are going to be sadly upset and disappointed when Santa Claus doesn't bring them what they wanted because Dominican customs wouldn't let him deliver. They stink.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have had the same experience with EPS also. Also never have had a hold up in Customs. They must have a hook there.
They don't have a hook, they are experiencing the same problems as anyone. On Thursday a package arrived in Miami, normally I have it on Monday in my possession, now I'll have it tomorrow. I called them this afternoon and asked them why it says for three days that it's in 'aerolinea'. They told me that means it's not in aerolinea but already in customs. Only when customs start proceedings with my package they will change the status. That makes sense, because the status 'en aduanas' doesn't last longer than half a day.

Eps is the best though. Never lost any package, never a problem. A little bit more expensive, but good service.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
They don't have a hook, they are experiencing the same problems as anyone. On Thursday a package arrived in Miami, normally I have it on Monday in my possession, now I'll have it tomorrow. I called them this afternoon and asked them why it says for three days that it's in 'aerolinea'. They told me that means it's not in aerolinea but already in customs. Only when customs start proceedings with my package they will change the status. That makes sense, because the status 'en aduanas' doesn't last longer than half a day.

Eps is the best though. Never lost any package, never a problem. A little bit more expensive, but good service.

Same experience that I had a week ago. Package received in Miami on a Friday afternoon. Status 'Aerolinea until about the following Wednesday morning, where it changed to EPS Almacen.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Have you guys had to forward the receipt to your shipping company?

I ordered some items from Amazon and not sure if the receipt will be in the box so just want to prepare myself.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
I have about 40 packages with EPS now. Most of them had "Aerolinea" status for 2–3 days, not 1 day like before. And some stay with "Aduana" status for 2 days. And this is really stupid because all of my packages are less then $200, all have invoices, most of them are less then $20, actually. So Aduana is just wasting their and our time.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I have about 40 packages with EPS now. Most of them had "Aerolinea" status for 2–3 days, not 1 day like before. And some stay with "Aduana" status for 2 days. And this is really stupid because all of my packages are less then $200, all have invoices, most of them are less then $20, actually. So Aduana is just wasting their and our time.

They're attempting to drive up the labor costs of the forwarders. Eventually this will force the forwarders to raise prices, with the goal to make it not worth shipping goods vs buying locally. Or force a forwarder or two out of business.