Advertising Sales Positions Santo Domingo

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
you have a lot to learn about dominican wages, there is no way the guy at the monument makes more than this
the average call center job pays 80-100 pesos an hour

You have to learn (Period). This offer is a SCAM. No person with any education is going to consider this ruse, bait and switch offer. "no accent" I guess that also means no one from Haiti as well. Are you going to throw in "skin shade" qualifications next.

Feb 7, 2007
Web: you will have a huge employee turnout. Why? You are selling advertising, for Christ's sake! I have 4 year experience with media sales in the DR, both in the interior and Capital, for cable advertising. You ABSOLUTELY have to see clients in person. Nobody buys advertising over the phone. I have spent countless hours self-educating myself on everything related to sales and advertising and media, and still keep the education process on daily basis by reading various sales blogs, etc. Your employees will have it very difficult to SELL advertising IN CANADA based IN THE D.R. and doing it OVER THE PHONE.

Myself, I would not even apply for such a position, because it would be a waste of time. Advertising is something that is sold PERSONALLY, requires profound client situation analysis, multiple meetings, and at the end coming up with a solution to help expand client's business. Only then you can count long term client and contract renewals at end-term. Plus you need to give extensive training to your salespeople in various areas, ranging from sales, psychology, media (your product), communications, human relations, etc. it's not an easy thing to form a good media salesperson, and the salesperson stays motivated through the results. I just cannot imagine how you can have ANY results selling IN CANADA from THE D.R., especially for newspapers.

My 2 cents worth.

george1

Jan 2, 2011
you have a lot to learn about dominican wages, there is no way the guy at the monument makes more than this
the average call center job pays 80-100 pesos an hour

Sir, you are very wrong. Even slave mills like Stream and many others pay RD$130 plus. And they offer real jobs for real folks.
BTW, what is English without an accent??
Maybe you should justb set up your abusive and silly labor camp somewhere else.

george1

Jan 2, 2011
You have to learn (Period). This offer is a SCAM. No person with any education is going to consider this ruse, bait and switch offer. "no accent" I guess that also means no one from Haiti as well. Are you going to throw in "skin shade" qualifications next.
Right on!

OutdoorFreedom

Dec 24, 2012
Sir, you are very wrong. Even slave mills like Stream and many others pay RD$130 plus. And they offer real jobs for real folks.
BTW, what is English without an accent??
Maybe you should justb set up your abusive and silly labor camp somewhere else.

Okay useful advice. Maybe, a better use of time would be educating about what an english fluent (read, write, speak) person actually makes in an outbound sales position in a call center. How about posting some links to DR job websites with call center job listings?
Most seem upset about the $3 an hour offer but (last time I checked) he can get $5.25 an hour in the USA in one state if he sets his company up right. If the bonuses are good then he can get staff in Colombia for about $3.50 an hour and $2.75 an hour in the Philippines.
You and I might not work for that kind of money; but, do we really want to tell someone to kiss off on bringing jobs to a country where the unemployment rate is about 14% and GDP is less than $10,000 per year (CIA Factbook website)??? Instead of flaming him - why not help the guy out. tell him what these people will actually cost and what real world "fluent" english means down there. (Often it means - I'm really quick with google translator. LOL)
I know families there whos Christmas consisted of dinner and a few handmade presents. There parents whould have been greatful to have a couple of 13th month (Christmas bonus) checks. Unfortunately, they would not qualify for the work due to just barely getting by in English.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
Okay useful advice. Maybe, a better use of time would be educating about what an english fluent (read, write, speak) person actually makes in an outbound sales position in a call center. How about posting some links to DR job websites with call center job listings?
Most seem upset about the $3 an hour offer but (last time I checked) he can get $5.25 an hour in the USA in one state if he sets his company up right. If the bonuses are good then he can get staff in Colombia for about $3.50 an hour and $2.75 an hour in the Philippines.
You and I might not work for that kind of money; but, do we really want to tell someone to kiss off on bringing jobs to a country where the unemployment rate is about 14% and GDP is less than $10,000 per year (CIA Factbook website)??? Instead of flaming him - why not help the guy out. tell him what these people will actually cost and what real world "fluent" english means down there. (Often it means - I'm really quick with google translator. LOL)
I know families there whos Christmas consisted of dinner and a few handmade presents. There parents whould have been greatful to have a couple of 13th month (Christmas bonus) checks. Unfortunately, they would not qualify for the work due to just barely getting by in English.

Finally, a voice of reason! You better get off this board talking like that!

web

Nov 5, 2005
Don't try to convince people who think they know it better Frank. I give up on that a long time ago ;)
@web : good luck with the head hunting.

Acira

Interviewing already today in Santo Domingo - 2 hires on board

Thanks for everyones input

What I really need though is people that want to work

Dec 26, 2011
Interviewing already today in Santo Domingo - 2 hires on board

Thanks for everyones input

What I really need though is people that want to work

Let's come to an understanding. We won't call you cheap and you won't call us lazy. Fair?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Web: you will have a huge employee turnout. Why? You are selling advertising, for Christ's sake! I have 4 year experience with media sales in the DR, both in the interior and Capital, for cable advertising. You ABSOLUTELY have to see clients in person. Nobody buys advertising over the phone. I have spent countless hours self-educating myself on everything related to sales and advertising and media, and still keep the education process on daily basis by reading various sales blogs, etc. Your employees will have it very difficult to SELL advertising IN CANADA based IN THE D.R. and doing it OVER THE PHONE.

Myself, I would not even apply for such a position, because it would be a waste of time. Advertising is something that is sold PERSONALLY, requires profound client situation analysis, multiple meetings, and at the end coming up with a solution to help expand client's business. Only then you can count long term client and contract renewals at end-term. Plus you need to give extensive training to your salespeople in various areas, ranging from sales, psychology, media (your product), communications, human relations, etc. it's not an easy thing to form a good media salesperson, and the salesperson stays motivated through the results. I just cannot imagine how you can have ANY results selling IN CANADA from THE D.R., especially for newspapers.

My 2 cents worth.
^^^THIS^^^ man knows absolutely what he is talking about...

web

Nov 5, 2005
^^^THIS^^^ man knows absolutely what he is talking about...

Not Really

This company has been in business for 15 years with sales offices in Edmonton, Phoenix, The Phillipines and now the DR. All selling ad space over the phone.....

Feb 7, 2007
Very interesting concept....selling advertising over the phone. First one I have seen. BUT YOU MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING .... I would like to apply for your training course. And I will even pay for it (if I really find it worth the money). You know how much time, and money, I would save if I could sell advertising in the DR just from my office over the phone? Then I can tell to all the media sales gurus, seasoned experts and university professors teaching media selling to go stick their media selling concepts and seasoned experience up-something. I really mean it! Count me in for your training sessions!!!!!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"advertising in the DR"

I assume to DR companies / business?

They sell to Canadian / US as far as I understood? These are used getting sales calls... Dominican Companies? Not so much, or?

I think the offer itself is just another "hire & fire" thing...