age of a sankie????

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Chris said:
It's clear that you've never gone sankie watching. These fellows are usually quite beautiful and graceful. Most speak at least some English and some German, they dance like young Gods and they are as charming as playful kittens. Nothing thuggish about the good ones, and believe me, they are good at what they do... Some are darker from all the watersports but most down on Cabarete beach, which is the only place that I've ever gone sankie watching, are true blooded Dominican boys.

lol, i know.

but it does sometimes annoy me that if you talk to a dominican boy, who does watersports an stuff-then theyre a sankie. incorrecto. i have plenty of frends about the same age as me in sosua. boys aged about 15 an i get on with him fine, he is no sankie. in fact many of them are nicer an more polite than ma fellow brits. ;) i luv ma dominican bredrins!!!lol

star25

Oct 11, 2004
look im the biggest hip hop head there is.. this has nothing to do w/ hip hop or slang.. If you have such good friends in Sosua, that are your age, go to school, and come from half decent families.. then why are you on here asking about sankies? Why are you so into it when you have some nice kids to hang out with?When you come to sosua stick w/ them, otherwise youll have some nasty guy rocking your jordans and youll be in some 95 peso flip flops and broke.. Just forget about the sankies girl...and i will stand by my comment that if you do get involved you will get chewed and spit out. Sounds like daddy is buying the family a house...dont ruin the chance and the expereince of living here by getting involved w/ a dog...just my opinion...

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
you go girl!!!!!!

Hey British Girl,

If you want your sankie, go and get him!!! Don't let anyone on here or anywhere else tell you that you shouldn't or he is "using" you or whatever. Have him, have fun with him, and then move if you want to to or not!! ;)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
stormer said:
Hey British Girl, If you want your sankie, go and get him!!! Don't let anyone on here or anywhere else tell you that you shouldn't or he is "using" you or whatever. Have him, have fun with him, and then move if you want to to or not!! ;)
No, no, no...and one more big NO! Yikes!! :surprised This is not good advice at all! British Girl, although very worldly for her age, is too young for you to be encouraging her to "go get her sankie/have him/move there to be with him" etc. (Besides, I don't think that she HAS a sankie waiting there for her).

British Girl, we've corresponded a bit, and you know that you have your head on straight! So, have a blast in the DR with your family and friends...you already know to stay farrrrr away from the skanky sankies! ;) xox.

Last edited:

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
shock...

stormer said:
Hey British Girl,

If you want your sankie, go and get him!!! Don't let anyone on here or anywhere else tell you that you shouldn't or he is "using" you or whatever. Have him, have fun with him, and then move if you want to to or not!! ;)

I cannot believe that a woman would give such TERRIBLE advice. Stormer, maybe YOU should go and live with YOUR sankie in the DR, instead of encouraging a teenager to do so...

Have you ever had the unfortunate experience to meet a woman who lives with her sankie in the DR? Do you think she lives a happy life on Paradise Island? Life in the DR is not a 2 week stay on a resort. Living with a sankie means spending all day alone, waiting for him to come home from work, calling him on his cell at night after the show only to find out that again, he must stay late at the resort disco, or take a "disco tour" off the resort, etc, etc. OR you could spend your days taking care of his children/siblings, living with his family in their home.

Maybe if you actually met one of these pobre diabla's in person, (on the odd occasion that the sankie lets her come out to the disco with him) and saw her crying in a pathetic heap on the floor of a public bathroom, bawling that she can't take it anymore, how terribly he treats her, she never sees him, and all the other women that she know that he is with, maybe then you will think twice about giving such BAD advice again.

However, I must agree with British Girl, it is fun to watch the sankies in action! ;)

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Thankfully it doesn't happen often....

You guys that live in and around Sosua remember a few years back when a (I believe she was a British) woman was murdered by her sankie boyfriend? It does happen here too! Don't think it doesn't. Before you go tripping and falling into a relationship with a Latino learn the culture and know all about him (if you can). The foot stomping crap, and nagging that women in Europe and North America get away with in their own countries goes over like a "pffffffff in church" in the Dominican Republic. It sounds like a plan to "domesticate" a Dominican man now go and try it. If you succeed, thats great but rare! Once again, good luck and have fun!!!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
oops

Angel_04 said:
No, no, no...and one more big NO! Yikes!! :surprised This is not good advice at all! British Girl, although very worldly for her age, is too young for you to be encouraging her to "go get her sankie/have him/move there to be with him" etc. (Besides, I don't think that she HAS a sankie waiting there for her).

British Girl, we've corresponded a bit, and you know that you have your head on straight! So, have a blast in the DR with your family and friends...you already know to stay farrrrr away from the skanky sankies! ;) xox.

Sorry, just trying to be encouraging! Sankies can't hurt you, if you don't let them! Use your head, and your own judgement! Just have fun, and live for the moment, do while you are "young" and "attractive", and play them they same way that they would play you! And you are right Angel, I don't have a "particular" sankie waiting there for me! Eventually a girl realizes for herself, and lets them go!! Duh!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Dama Descarada said:
I cannot believe that a woman would give such TERRIBLE advice. Stormer, maybe YOU should go and live with YOUR sankie in the DR, instead of encouraging a teenager to do so...

Have you ever had the unfortunate experience to meet a woman who lives with her sankie in the DR? Do you think she lives a happy life on Paradise Island? Life in the DR is not a 2 week stay on a resort. Living with a sankie means spending all day alone, waiting for him to come home from work, calling him on his cell at night after the show only to find out that again, he must stay late at the resort disco, or take a "disco tour" off the resort, etc, etc. OR you could spend your days taking care of his children/siblings, living with his family in their home.

Maybe if you actually met one of these pobre diabla's in person, (on the odd occasion that the sankie lets her come out to the disco with him) and saw her crying in a pathetic heap on the floor of a public bathroom, bawling that she can't take it anymore, how terribly he treats her, she never sees him, and all the other women that she know that he is with, maybe then you will think twice about giving such BAD advice again.

However, I must agree with British Girl, it is fun to watch the sankies in action! ;)

I am sorry but I didn't realize that British was a mere teenager! If that is the case then you are even to young to post on this board that we have going on here! You should probably try to find a man close to your own age!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
stormer said:
and play them they same way that they would play you!

May I suggest that revenge is a dangerous game and brings no satisfaction. Stromer you sound hurt. Let it go, that's the best revenge.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
star25 said:
look im the biggest hip hop head there is.. this has nothing to do w/ hip hop or slang.. If you have such good friends in Sosua, that are your age, go to school, and come from half decent families.. then why are you on here asking about sankies? Why are you so into it when you have some nice kids to hang out with?When you come to sosua stick w/ them, otherwise youll have some nasty guy rocking your jordans and youll be in some 95 peso flip flops and broke.. Just forget about the sankies girl...and i will stand by my comment that if you do get involved you will get chewed and spit out. Sounds like daddy is buying the family a house...dont ruin the chance and the expereince of living here by getting involved w/ a dog...just my opinion...

yeah our house is in sosua(love it)

@stormer, yeah i'm a teenager, trust me, I myself would never ever ever be fooled by a sankie....i'm not too young for this board, teenagers aren't blind, they understand what sankies are about.....how could you miss them in Sosua??? I just find it interesting about the age thing

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
this thread has gone drastically offtopic!!! now we are talking about sankies in general, me being too young to be a member of dr1 an various other thingfs about sankies.........i expressed an interest in the age of a sankie!!!!I'm 14..........no way am I interested in stupid sankies......to the women who are.......well, dont say dr1 didnt warn you!!!Ha! and as for age.....maybe startin at 13

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. That's what all the gals say about sankies how they don't want to get mixed up with them, but it is inevitable. They get thru all you. Sankies are EXPERTS in offering what you have been missing from your life. My advice to you is go get several sankies not just one. It is not a bad thing nor forbidden to be with a sankie. Be more honest with yourself and frankly admit that you like sankies and you'll have plenty more fun. Now i'm sorry to inform you that if you get approached by ANY local in a beach town such as sosua or boca chica, most likely those will be sankies (if not a beach vendor or someone else trying to sell you something or service you with some activity), they don't care about you, they just want a gain. If you want to make true dominican friend try the cities, not the beaches.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Oche said:
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. That's what all the gals say about sankies how they don't want to get mixed up with them, but it is inevitable. They get thru all you. Sankies are EXPERTS in offering what you have been missing from your life. My advice to you is go get several sankies not just one. It is not a bad thing nor forbidden to be with a sankie. Be more honest with yourself and frankly admit that you like sankies and you'll have plenty more fun. Now i'm sorry to inform you that if you get approached by ANY local in a beach town such as sosua or boca chica, most likely those will be sankies (if not a beach vendor or someone else trying to sell you something or service you with some activity), they don't care about you, they just want a gain. If you want to make true dominican friend try the cities, not the beaches.
thats your opinion...but frankly....its wrong. i have great friends in sosua, people on the beach, people who are genuine and i know will be friends for life. i do know what i'm talking about and why would i want a sankie if i'm a teenager. i know they are not specifically for middle aged ugly fat women, but i am not blind and i'm not fat, ugly or old, i dont really care about sankies personally, i find it funny that women can actually fall for them. I was just genuinly curious about the age. and as for sankies not hurting people.....thats wrong....maybe not physically, but certaintly EMOTIOANALLY AND FINANCIALLY. i've read tooooo many stories about sankies and their victimes. Still, I'm all the more wiser for ma age then. but i just had to say, that i've found some great people....who live in sosua. i dont make friends judging from their home town. ;)

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Dama Descarada said:

I totally agree wiv all of that!!! ;)

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
britishgirl said:
this thread has gone drastically offtopic!!! now we are talking about sankies in general, me being too young to be a member of dr1 an various other thingfs about sankies.........i expressed an interest in the age of a sankie!!!!I'm 14..........no way am I interested in stupid sankies......to the women who are.......well, dont say dr1 didnt warn you!!!Ha! and as for age.....maybe startin at 13

14!!!!!!!!! You don't need to be up here talking to grown folks. Go to your room!!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm curious as to why you asked the question in the first place Britshgirl. :bandit: Hummmm 14 well I hope you are taking your trips with your parents or in a group with at least one adult.

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
britishgirl said:
...as for sankies not hurting people.....thats wrong....maybe not physically, but certaintly EMOTIOANALLY AND FINANCIALLY.
Hola amiga! You do seem to know a lot about those skanky sankies! Knowledge is power. Glad to hear that you want NOTHING to do with any of them... keep it that way, and don't forget all the things that you've learned on DR1. :)

One comment to add--you're right a sanky can hurt you emotionally and financially.. AND some sankies ARE physically abusive as well. In addition, some carry nasty std's that can also hurt you (in another sense) physically. So, don't think that they'll just drain your bank account and break your heart...they're capable of doing much more damage than that. :confused:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
britishgirl said:
lol, i know.

but it does sometimes annoy me that if you talk to a dominican boy, who does watersports an stuff-then theyre a sankie. incorrecto. i have plenty of frends about the same age as me in sosua. boys aged about 15 an i get on with him fine, he is no sankie. in fact many of them are nicer an more polite than ma fellow brits. ;) i luv ma dominican bredrins!!!lol

You said you and your people can spot a sankie a mile away. What exactly does a sankie look like to you?

I'm going to ramble here for a moment. :rolleyes:

When my son was little ( maybe 2) we startrd to tell him " don't talk to strangers" we pound it into their little heads but I soon discovered that they have no idea what a stranger is.
We were at a mall one day and resting at a bench, an older man smiled at my son and said " hi" he repeated " hi" to this stranger then he turned to me and said " see Mom he's not a stranger" !! .
My heart dropped when I realized this kid had no idea what the meaning of stranger was. He must have thought that he would be able to spot a stranger a mile away and it certainly couldn't be anyone that smiles and is friendly and says "hi". A stranger must therefore be like a monster very easy to spot.

Britshgirl there are many fine Dominicans all over the DR. Make sure you know what a sankie is. It's not about spotting them a mile away. And it has nada to do with being friendly or not. They can be very sweet and friendly. Please learn the difference.

Ok I'm finished rambling. :cross-eye