age of a sankie????

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
You said you and your people can spot a sankie a mile away. What exactly does a sankie look like to you?

I'm going to ramble here for a moment. :rolleyes:

When my son was little ( maybe 2) we startrd to tell him " don't talk to strangers" we pound it into their little heads but I soon discovered that they have no idea what a stranger is.
We were at a mall one day and resting at a bench, an older man smiled at my son and said " hi" he repeated " hi" to this stranger then he turned to me and said " see Mom he's not a stranger" !! .
My heart dropped when I realized this kid had no idea what the meaning of stranger was. He must have thought that he would be able to spot a stranger a mile away and it certainly couldn't be anyone that smiles and is friendly and says "hi". A stranger must therefore be like a monster very easy to spot.

Britshgirl there are many fine Dominicans all over the DR. Make sure you know what a sankie is. It's not about spotting them a mile away. And it has nada to do with being friendly or not. They can be very sweet and friendly. Please learn the difference.

Ok I'm finished rambling. :cross-eye

can i jus say that i never once said that sankies weren't friendly.... obviously not all of them are friendly, but some are, its a mixture like everywhere else. Also it annoys that people tend to think sankies are excusive to the DR. And spotting them a mile away is an expression i used...i'm sure that you know that i didnt mean that about appearence but any person with common sense like most people on this board will know a sankie when they some across one. Nothing to do with appearence, its in attitude and actions.

And as for me being only 14...yes I do take trips with my parents, and well you were wondering why I asked the question and started the thread....well obviously its quite an interesting thread as people have responded and I was just wondering, why should I not talk about sankies and discuss them when theres a forum especially for it? I am just curious and I love talking allllll things DR related....especially when I'm not there and I'm missing it like I am now :cry: Hope I haven't offended you....I answer your question in the politest of ways!!! ;) :nervous: :nervous:

PPChica

Aug 18, 2004
Cool Question

I think they can be any age... it's more of an attitude or "lifestyle". They must get sick of it... ;) eventually... how many years can you be a player before you get sick of it??

- Court

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
britishgirl said:
can i jus say that i never once said that sankies weren't friendly.... obviously not all of them are friendly, but some are, its a mixture like everywhere else. Also it annoys that people tend to think sankies are excusive to the DR. And spotting them a mile away is an expression i used...i'm sure that you know that i didnt mean that about appearence but any person with common sense like most people on this board will know a sankie when they some across one. Nothing to do with appearence, its in attitude and actions.

And as for me being only 14...yes I do take trips with my parents, and well you were wondering why I asked the question and started the thread....well obviously its quite an interesting thread as people have responded and I was just wondering, why should I not talk about sankies and discuss them when theres a forum especially for it? I am just curious and I love talking allllll things DR related....especially when I'm not there and I'm missing it like I am now :cry: Hope I haven't offended you....I answer your question in the politest of ways!!! ;) :nervous: :nervous:

Hey BG, with all these sankies knowledge you are absorbing by the time you hit 20 You are probably the one that is going to be playing these Sankies...Should I start worrying about them?....Lol

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Hey BG, with all these sankies knowledge you are absorbing by the time you hit 20 You are probably the one that is going to be playing these Sankies...Should I start worrying about them?....Lol

lol...i dont think so, i'm just toooooooo nice a person

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
PPChica said:
I think they can be any age... it's more of an attitude or "lifestyle". They must get sick of it... ;) eventually... how many years can you be a player before you get sick of it??

- Court

This brings up an interesting point?!?!? I think yes, they do eventually do get sick of it, but they will try to stick it out for as many years as they can! :eek:

Nov 5, 2004
stormer said:
This brings up an interesting point?!?!? I think yes, they do eventually do get sick of it, but they will try to stick it out for as many years as they can! :eek:

So if you really like a guy who is a sankie, and have unlimted money to spend on a guy who really doesn't care about your feelings..stick around...be patient and wait it out, and in a few yeras when he gets too old to pick up any more girls...then you can have him all to yourself... ;)

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
hehehe

PeachezNcream84 said:
So if you really like a guy who is a sankie, and have unlimted money to spend on a guy who really doesn't care about your feelings..stick around...be patient and wait it out, and in a few yeras when he gets too old to pick up any more girls...then you can have him all to yourself... ;)

Hehehe, this is too funny..............i would think that some woman actually do do this! LMAO :nervous:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
stormer said:
Hehehe, this is too funny..............i would think that some woman actually do do this! LMAO :nervous:

Good luck waiting, my step father's father was 80+ years old and he married a 34 year old woman and still had some on the side. Beyond Sankiesm, he will just be Dominican, never satisfied with just one when the bible says that you should have 6 wives y una vieja de ?apa.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Good luck waiting, my step father's father was 80+ years old and he married a 34 year old woman and still had some on the side. Beyond Sankiesm, he will just be Dominican, never satisfied with just one when the bible says that you should have 6 wives y una vieja de ?apa.
mr dr--are u dominican?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
britishgirl said:

Britishgirl,

We all wish you luck and happiness. People like Anna are only trying to help you. Us people that now live in the Dominican Republic see things that you have not yet seen. Simply take our advice and make your own decisons, however take our advices seriously! Read my last thread... it just happened last week. Perhaps a converation with this lady could help you. I am sure she was in love with her man up until that night when he went ballistic simply because he wanted to go and she didn't.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:

LOL...not even then!!! I have an 70+ year old uncle in the campo and he is still chasing young girls who are willing to satisfy his needs!!!

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
DominicanScotty said:
Britishgirl,

We all wish you luck and happiness. People like Anna are only trying to help you. Us people that now live in the Dominican Republic see things that you have not yet seen. Simply take our advice and make your own decisons, however take our advices seriously! Read my last thread... it just happened last week. Perhaps a converation with this lady could help you. I am sure she was in love with her man up until that night when he went ballistic simply because he wanted to go and she didn't.

ok, thanks :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

an mr DR-cooooool.....more dominican than the flag itself??? mannnn, u must b dominican then!!!!! :nervous:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
britishgirl said:
ok, thanks :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

an mr DR-cooooool.....more dominican than the flag itself??? mannnn, u must b dominican then!!!!! :nervous:

Yep, and when i die all my ashes will be spread over the entire land.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Yep, and when i die all my ashes will be spread over the entire land.
wow...its gud to see patriotic people, not many brits are patriotic, thas why i love dominican republic. last month there was a baseball game or something an dominican republic won, they held up the flag an the dominicans were crying cos they're so patriotic. its wonderful :nervous:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
britishgirl said:
wow...its gud to see patriotic people, not many brits are patriotic, thas why i love dominican republic. last month there was a baseball game or something an dominican republic won, they held up the flag an the dominicans were crying cos they're so patriotic. its wonderful :nervous:

Yup...the only thing i dont like about the Dominican Republic is that constant heat and humidity but now i am not too worried because once i go back i can live in Constanza since it it is nice and cold there.
People used to tell me that Constanza was cold but i never believed it until i saw those pictures in these forum.
But just because i hate the heat it does not mean i dont consider myself very Dominican.....Lol

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Yup...the only thing i dont like about the Dominican Republic is that constant heat and humidity but now i am not too worried because once i go back i can live in Constanza since it it is nice and cold there.
People used to tell me that Constanza was cold but i never believed it until i saw those pictures in these forum.
But just because i hate the heat it does not mean i dont consider myself very Dominican.....Lol
oh man-i love the climate there!!! thats one of the great things, i'll take dominican weather anyway over the great british weather.

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Mr_DR said:
People used to tell me that Constanza was cold but i never believed it until i saw those pictures in these forum.But just because i hate the heat it does not mean i dont consider myself very Dominican.....Lol
Hola Mr_DR! Did you say that you "hate the heat"?? Ah, but the heat in the DR is so different than the heat that we experience over here in the summer in North America (wait, I'm sorry-where are you located?)... well, the heat over here in the summer can be very dry and I don't find it pleasant at all... I don't care for humidity either it makes my long, curly hair B I G and frizzzzy! (ugh):confused: But, in the DR, I've always enjoyed the weather--whether it be very hot, mild or cool and rainy--it's simply fantastic!! ... oops, sorry I'm so off topic.... what was this thread about again? :ermm:

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
britishgirl said:
the age of a sankie...mannnnn, this is drastically offtopic :eek: :nervous:
Right--the age of a sanky... I'd have to say that I prefer my sankies to be in thier late twenties! ;) (just kidding) ...Ok, early thirties...lol. (jk). :p (heehee).
Yes, Britishgirl, so you've learned that it's possible for a sanky to be ANY age... What I am still wondering about is this question earlier of how a sanky determines that it's time for retirement?? Does a sanky truly ever retire? (yes, I've had too much time on my hands this p.m to be contemplating such things)...