Age of Consent

karlrichards

Nov 30, 2012
From what I am getting from this thread, it appears like this is risky behavior, illegal, could get me thrown in jail, and perhaps get me killed. So I'm not going to go through with it.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Karl, this website is filled with toads. Don't take what they say personally, not because what they say is not a personal attack (because it is) but because it is not worth your time or effort to resist their toadiness.

I still think your bankable advice is to consider the parents' stand on their daughter's relationship with you.

Dec 26, 2011
I don't know if you have trouble understanding this thread or you didn't read my post at all. Your post is offensive and completely unwarranted. You don't know what is on my mind, nor anything about my sexual behaviors. And now you imply I am going to be murdered. You make it sound like all I want to do is have sexual relations with her. You do not know my intentions. I know more about this girl and the country than "jack." If you read my post, you would know that I have known her for a year already and I'm in the DR 5 months out of the year for the last 6 years just never had this experience. Yes, do the math that's 2 and half years of my life in the DR. We are both young, so don't make it seem like I am a predator or have no options. In the U.S. I probably wouldn't even think about this that much because she is almost 18 and I could easily just go by her house and get a feel for her parents. I guess if I wrote this anywhere other than a general forum it would be different. God I wish they would just ban you.

You're probably a nice guy with good intentions. At your age I had a small business and a son about to enter kindergarten. At twenty-four you've got some smarts. The consensus seems to be to wait it out if you can, especially if you value the young woman as more than an object for sexual gratification. Waiting will make it more worthwhile and go a long way towards establishing the foundation for a healthy relationship. IMO.

Good luck.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
A 24 year old who has poontang on his mind and is willing to risk everything in a foreign country. Eventually he will get exactly what he deserves. Crabs, HIV, Gonorrhea, etc.. All of these are survivable, but the bullet he might get in his head is not. Asking on a general forum about age of consent to go screw some young chick in a foreign country which you know jack about? Yeah go for it buddy hopefully you come out smelling like roses and no extra holes.

Oh cbmitch9, you so crazy.

In the U.S. I probably wouldn't even think about this that much because she is almost 18 and I could easily just go by her house and get a feel for her parents.

Wow! Just slow down there...If you wouldn't do it at home, why would you come here and do it? Just imagine if it doesn't work out and the girl or her parents decide to go after you? Let's do the math, as you like to say, and see if it's worth it.

Worst case scenario, her parents send you to jail where you will be having sex by Juan and not Juana for a few months followed by a shameful plane ride back to the states where they won't allow you to come back to the DR for quite some time (if ever).

Second Worst: She get's pregnant and sticks it to you and demands child support, etc. What fun!

and the list goes on.

I've been married to a wonderful Dominican woman for the past 7 years now and believe me, waiting for three more months will be well worth it if she is the right one.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I'd wait until she's 18.

That said, why are you pushing up on a 17 year old? I mean, there's no shortage of chicas 18-26, who are spectacularly beautiful, and with whom you probably have far more in common with, and with whom you will have no legal or moral issues to deal with.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It still amazes me, how a decent honest question can be asked on here with no intent, only requesting info (but to be fair,it is very very very easy to google 'age of sexual consent in DR' and have lots of links to the answer) and only if it is related to a woman or men will it turn into an agony aunt super session from people who play at the bottom end of the stream. One thing the majority of men on here always have advice on is woman, I wonder how many actually have a woman?
I occasionally comment on these threads even have a laugh at the OP's expense on occasion, but some take this sh1t to another level.

To the OP, if you don't stray far from don't do in DR what you wouldn't do at home you won't go too far wrong, with exceptions obviously, use your head, you're head, you know the score at your age. Good luck!

karlrichards

Nov 30, 2012
Pretty solid advice pollogringo. LSpencer, you misunderstood. I didn't say I wouldn't date a girl 3 months from 18 in the US, that implies that I know what I am doing is wrong and think that I am safer doing it in another country than in the US. What I said was, I wouldn't be thinking about this legal issue much, and seeking advice from everybody I could, if this same situation were happening to me in the US. In the US, I wouln't be nearly as hesitant. I would start hanging out with her and get a feel from her parents if it's ok, which in most cases it probably would be, provided they like me. I feel safer in the US doing this than in the DR, so somehow you managed to understand the opposite of what I meant. Further, I already did slow down. I said that I am not going through with it, unless some compelling information comes to light, which I find improbable. Your crude remarks about Juan and Juana are intolerable, and you don't know of her intentions any more than I do so speculation is futile. Once again, I already said I wasn't going through with it so no need to tell me that I could go to jail and be deported. I am starting to get the impression that few offer good advice here. All I requested was some quick advice and not judgements or crude remarks. Is it illegal? Is it risky? Is it ok? All simple questions to answer from personal and legal experience.

karlrichards

Nov 30, 2012
Givadogahome, solid advice. Yes, you are correct, but none of the information was exactly like my situation. In the end it seems that 18 is 18 is 18, regardless if she's 17 years and 364 days old. I guess my doubts actually came from me thinking like you advised me to do. In my head, I thought 17 and 9 months old is acceptable and reasonable, even in the US. And I wouldn't have much hesitation hanging out with a girl this close in the US and seeing if the parents were accepting which wouldn't take much time to ascertain. I wanted to err on the side of caution because I am not familiar with dominican law and perception, seems like that was a good idea. Regarding DRob, I wasn't pushing the issue about a 17 year old. I was just seeing if it's possible, but obviously it's not. If I already have known a girl for some time, enjoy her company, and it's ok to be with her, then from my perspective I'd rather be with her than seek someone older just for the sake of them being older. It's not like I seek out 17 years old any more than I seek out women that are older than I am, it just happens. That's why I started this thread because I would rather be with her because I've known her for awhile and we're good friends, but that's not possible because of her age right now.

Dec 26, 2011
but that's not possible because of her age right now.

You're fourteen hours closer than you were when you put this out there. Use the dozen or so odd weeks to write some poetry and save some money. You've got a birthday party to plan.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I wouldn't worry about if I were you. I'm pretty sure when the parents see that your intentions are honorable they will have no problems with you being with their daughter.
Being twice your age and having been around the block more times than a yellow cab I would like to share some of my observations of the female species.
Every female at that age is very romantic, very passionate etc and they fall always deeply in love, make us men go crazy. The average female matures between the age of 17-21 meaning they to change and start looking at things differently.
This always effects the relationship, some survive most don't.
Just my personal observations.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I wouldn't worry about if I were you. I'm pretty sure when the parents see that your intentions are honorable they will have no problems with you being with their daughter.
Being twice your age and having been around the block more times than a yellow cab I would like to share some of my observations of the female species.
Every female at that age is very romantic, very passionate etc and they fall always deeply in love, make us men go crazy. The average female matures between the age of 17-21 meaning they to change and start looking at things differently.
This always effects the relationship, some survive most don't.
Just my personal observations.

Honorable intention?

How would you feel if I flew into the country for the express purpose of spending a fun weekend in bed in YOUR house with YOUR underage daughter? But, I'm a really nice guy, and have eaten your food at your table many times, so you might as well serve up ole girl, too?

How is that "honorable?"

Jun 18, 2007
Honorable intention?

How would you feel if I flew into the country for the express purpose of spending a fun weekend in bed in YOUR house with YOUR underage daughter? But, I'm a really nice guy, and have eaten your food at your table many times, so you might as well serve up ole girl, too?

How is that "honorable?"

He wants to have a relationship with her doesn't he?

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I don't know if you have trouble understanding this thread or you didn't read my post at all. Your post is offensive and completely unwarranted. You don't know what is on my mind, nor anything about my sexual behaviors. And now you imply I am going to be murdered. You make it sound like all I want to do is have sexual relations with her. You do not know my intentions. I know more about this girl and the country than "jack." If you read my post, you would know that I have known her for a year already and I'm in the DR 5 months out of the year for the last 6 years just never had this experience. Yes, do the math that's 2 and half years of my life in the DR. We are both young, so don't make it seem like I am a predator or have no options. In the U.S. I probably wouldn't even think about this that much because she is almost 18 and I could easily just go by her house and get a feel for her parents. I guess if I wrote this anywhere other than a general forum it would be different. God I wish they would just ban you.

Dude,

Never intended to offend you. If they decide to ban me, that won't be the end of the world. Hopefully your wish will come true. Maybe I came off a bit too harsh, but I am just tired of seeing whoremongers chasing underaged girls in a foreign country and later regretting it. Seen many of them get their a$$ kicked and left on the street without, clothes, passport, or wallets or scammed with threats of jail. So by all means, enjoy and have fun.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
WHAT THE F.CK. mods? This was answered within three posts concerning age to FU.K.

WhY IS IT STILL OPEN?

Rude and crude thread that serves nothing but to those that want to screw children.

HEY... I remember when everyone wanted to support a dental clinic.

ENOUGHH.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
I have lived here in the DR as a single male over 20 years. Seen it all and done it all. My advise would be to wait. Three months is not worth the risk no matter what the scenario is. Good luck with your girl and just ignore all the mindless negativity being spouted at you. And by the way, this country is loader with 18 year old virgins. The Dominican culture is a very complex work of art. Most foreigners, especially on this board, are clueless. Once again, good luck !

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
i have lived here in the dr as a single male over 20 years. Seen it all and done it all. My advise would be to wait. Three months is not worth the risk no matter what the scenario is. Good luck with your girl and just ignore all the mindless negativity being spouted at you. And by the way, this country is loader with 18 year old virgins. The dominican culture is a very complex work of art. Most foreigners, especially on this board, are clueless. Once again, good luck !

sick.

Jun 18, 2007
WHAT THE F.CK. mods? This was answered within three posts concerning age to FU.K.

WhY IS IT STILL OPEN?

Rude and crude thread that serves nothing but to those that want to screw children.

HEY... I remember when everyone wanted to support a dental clinic.

ENOUGHH.

Ringo take a chill pill, the OP is 24 the girl is almost 18, she's not a child.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo take a chill pill, the OP is 24 the girl is almost 18, she's not a child.

The age of consent is clear. Almost 18? But NOT 18. It has been stated and that is what it is.

WE all know that ... 14 y.o. and younger are targets too..

So really frank w.... what are YOU in the D.R. for? Chill out my a##. This is a sex hunting thread from minors.