And 2 more shot by Police :)

May 12, 2005
These 5 should have been forcibly removed from the streets and arrested.

10256858_725631014162284_1237549277527375297_n.jpg

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
When you go to safari in Africa, sometimes you can see how lions kills antilopes. But you are not allowed to try to save them. You just watch this, this is how life goes on there. The same here, only the fauna is different.

Unlike you, I don't see Dominicans as no better than animals.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You know Spanish?

"despojaron a un hombre de su motocicleta en la Avenida 27 de Febrero," that suggests robbery NOT theft, doesn't it?

OK - maybe I used the wrong word, but I don't know many countries where ROBBERY is considered a capital offence!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
As I understood they did encounter them while robbing the bike so I assume violence was involved...

OK - maybe I used the wrong word, but I don't know many countries where ROBBERY is considered a capital offence!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"drstock" it is very apparent how you view "Dominicanos" by YOUR statement that Europeans "Value Life" more than they do!
Soooooooo a European mother mourns more when her child dies than a Dominican "Mami"????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
"drstock" it is very apparent how you view "Dominicanos" by YOUR statement that Europeans "Value Life" more than they do!
Soooooooo a European mother mourns more when her child dies than a Dominican "Mami"????
i agree but is it easier for the person who killed them? i think maybe easier for a Dominican or some one in a us ghetto or in genetal poor and uneducated people with no worldly experience.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

No! You make my point for me. The people shot by the police without the benefit of any judicial process (possibly in error - who knows) are someone's sons. It is the people here on this board who are jumping for joy at this street justice who apparently don't value life.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Don't mind at all

i think we must have similar collection of pictures about DR and look at kersisa for more laughs :) it would be so much fun to meet you one day :)

not to be off topic totally: i am talking to our maid and she supports the police wholeheartedly.

May 12, 2005
Yes. I am a big fan of Kerisa. Not sure when I will be back in town but will definitely look you up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I know who he is. I still don't know why you want him dead without a trial. My exaggeration was to make the point that there is a fault in a system that allows people to be killed by the government without a trial. And a fault in a system that has such a corrupt judicial. But I don't think the solution is government vigilantes.

I have no cause. But if people and governments too, act badly they should expect to be criticized.

Tommy, maybe this falls on the category of "don't expect to impose your culture upon another" just because the majority think it makes sense. When your in a culture that is pretty much lawless in many ways and being guilty and sentenced may be better alternative to the street corner where you currently live. Add the fact as mentioned you may be out sooner than later if you pay a little. Conclusion, the system doesn't work and the police know it so they help expedite justice. Is it wrong sometimes? yes, but is the system and courts wrong, definitely.... We need reasons for the criminals who attack people to believe the sentence may be far worse than a holiday with food!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
WE expats who are "Jumping for Joy" at the "Street Justice" have to get behind a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooog line of "Dominicanos" who are "Jumping" even HIGHER for JOY!!!!!
We are often asked to not disparage "Dominican Culture" here on DR1, but when we support it we are also disparaged!!!! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
Ask ANY "Dominicano" how THEY feel about these killings and see what you hear!
EXCEPT the "Malditos" mother's who will say they were "Buenos Hijos", Translation,..."They gave me money, I don't know, or CARE, where it came from, OR who they killed to get it"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC