And 2 more shot by Police :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think many Dominicans dislike most of the things we bash even more than we do. But I can imagine it's a little bit like when you had your little annoying brother that you would always fight with, until the child of the neighbor starts bullying him: He's an idiot, but he's MY idiot.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
In most countries, stealing a moto is not considered a capital offence. And yet here people are cheering because the police have executed the thieves without the benefit of any judicial process. There are many people, particularly from Europe where life is valued more highly, who don't believe in capital punishment for any crime. What if the police got it wrong, misunderstood what was happening and shot the people for nothing? A member of someone's family is dead for no reason. Members of DR1 frequently criticize the DR police for corruption, dishonesty and incomptenece yet are happy to entrust them to be judge, jury and executioner.

I know the Dominican judicial system is very far from perfect, but it is still slightly better than the law of the wild west.

But in most European countries robbers only ROB people.. dont kill them.. in the RD many times robbers will first kill you and after that rob you... In other words robbery in RD equals murder.. or even robbers in Europa value life more than the robbers in RD...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
All one has to do, is to see the "Political Cartoons" in the Daily Papers to see that the "Dominicanos" ALSO are sick & tiredof the "Problemos" in their society.
"Boque Chivo" in the "Diario Libre" to be particular.
Watch the morning "Talk Shows", watch the local, Commentary Shows on all the TV channels.
READ the posts by Dominicanos on "Fay Boo" posts.
They make us "DR1ers" comments look like "Pichardo" posted them!!!!!!!
Nobody talks about the "Good Stuff" it's not human nature.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 12, 2005
choferes-en-la-27.jpg