And on Pedro Clisante

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Juan is a VERY chill guy. he has worked in many of the bars on Pedro Clisante and is very good at diffusing bad situations,for Juan to go off on that guy like that he must have done something very wrong.

I am speechless that you are all defending him, the other guy was clearly running away from him and he chased him and started hitting the sh!t out of him. Basically he's a thug and I hope he does get locked up for it. Certainly if he did this in London or New York he'd be in prison for a long time.

Does anyone know what the guy who was being hit had allegedly done?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sir, that is called ambiance.
No becuase the people who will go there won't be affected by it. They wouldn't even mind an out of tune old two stroke motorcyle reving his motor next to their table

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
But at night those few blocks expand and that's what tourists see.
I could name some bars far from the infamous King's corner that the same tackiness has invaded.
I don't mind the ladies plying their trade if they showed a modicum of class in the way they dressed and sat to enjoy the clubs like normal patrons but that no longer seems to occur.
I would respectfully disagree with you. When I first came to visit in 2008 it seems to me that there were more bars where the girls hung out and more girls walking about. Like today, the hookers dressed as hookers and came in all shapes and sizes. The main thing that has changed, in my opinion, is that there are more police around and they are harassing the girls more than when I first visited.

As you mentioned in another post that you wish you had not chosen to live in Sosua, would it not be possible to find somewhere where you felt more comfortable?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I am speechless that you are all defending him, the other guy was clearly running away from him and he chased him and started hitting the sh!t out of him. Basically he's a thug and I hope he does get locked up for it. Certainly if he did this in London or New York he'd be in prison for a long time.

That is the question you SHOULD have asked FIRST , before defending the guy he was Pounding as some innocent Victim..
I think the others were trying to convey that he is a CHILL guy, and it would take a LOT for him to go off like that .. And I would tend to agree, why would he throw away his Job over some knucklehead who was doing stilly stuff ... The Guy getting hit obviously did something bad, and they said enough is enough .
Maybe he treated a Tourist like a WHORE ..... would you want to be treated like a working girl ? im guessing not .

Big

Apr 24, 2019
That is the question you SHOULD have asked FIRST , before defending the guy he was Pounding as some innocent Victim..
I think the others were trying to convey that he is a CHILL guy, and it would take a LOT for him to go off like that .. And I would tend to agree, why would he throw away his Job over some knucklehead who was doing stilly stuff ... The Guy getting hit obviously did something bad, and they said enough is enough .
Maybe he treated a Tourist like a WHORE ..... would you want to be treated like a working girl ? im guessing not .
not to mention he kept checking his face, clearly wounded. As reported here he is a gentleman. I have seen him around Sousa for many years working as security. Most bars and night clubs have a doorman as they know who the thief's and troublemakers are and keep them out.

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019

next time I see him I am going to give him a large tip and buy him a beer.

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015

The guy hit Juan with a chair,he is the son of the owner of Kings and a real a-hole. He deserved everything he got from Juan.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would respectfully disagree with you. When I first came to visit in 2008 it seems to me that there were more bars where the girls hung out and more girls walking about. Like today, the hookers dressed as hookers and came in all shapes and sizes. The main thing that has changed, in my opinion, is that there are more police around and they are harassing the girls more than when I first visited.

As you mentioned in another post that you wish you had not chosen to live in Sosua, would it not be possible to find somewhere where you felt more comfortable?
Working on that last part. But I have to find a way to export my dogs - can't abandon them

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Indeed.
Two shit hole cities where scumbags who run them no longer allow real men to handle their business
when the occasion demands it. This guy got off easy. Where I grew up he'd a probably
been shot dead. Hopefully this will serve as a lesson to all of those wanna be tough guys
running up and down the strip like they own the place.

Sometimes a good run is better than a bad stand.

Reactions: Big and jd426

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Looking for a quiet country life - the type that's not found in the campo of DR
Plenty of places like that in Spain, Portugal, and France with moderate to hot climates if your willing to go further afield. Also easy to fly to the DR from these places to see friends from time to time. Health permitting, I’m going to be cruising the back roads of these countries on a vintage Norton Commando or Triumph Bonneville next winter from a base in the South of France. Still plan to drop into the DR for short visits. I like the point and counterpoint of crazy DR life balanced against the sanity of a quiet life elsewhere. Plan B is to win the lotto and buy a conch cottage in Key West.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Indeed.
Two shit hole cities where scumbags who run them no longer allow real men to handle their business
when the occasion demands it. This guy got off easy. Where I grew up he'd a probably
been shot dead. Hopefully this will serve as a lesson to all of those wanna be tough guys
running up and down the strip like they own the place.

Sometimes a good run is better than a bad stand.

How do you know what the guy had done? And why do you think it's right for anyone to take the law into their own hands? Gosh we come from different worlds.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Why do you assume that because this guy is a Chill Guy (whatever that means) that he must be right? Nobody can legally go round beating someone else up.

Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The guy hit Juan with a chair,he is the son of the owner of Kings and a real a-hole. He deserved everything he got from Juan.

So he hits Juan with a chair, and Juan hits him with a baseball bat. But Juan is right and the guy is wrong?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

So he hits Juan with a chair, and Juan hits him with a baseball bat. But Juan is right and the guy is wrong?

YES ,.. if that is the chain of events , He deserved it , and then some ...

I am more curious why do you have a problem with it ?