Annoying Dominican Habits

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I’ve wondered that a lot. My guess is to deter shop lifting while patron leaves store. Still annoying as ever.
My Dominican lady does it, even when shopping at Trader Joe's, Krogers, or Farmer's Market in Dallas.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
You guys are all over thinking it . Its actually very simple ..They do it so nothing " falls out" out the bag, out the store , to the Car , on the back of the Moto , etc etc .. its a Mindset .
Bingo and then when they get home and put everything away they twist them up into little balls and save them. I probably have more bags than jumbo in the pantry. 🤦‍♂️

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
my sister visited from Canada last week. From what I understand there things are very stressed with the covid masking / no masking ,prices, politics, speaking your mind on things. government related issues. I have been away from Canada since covid and sense that it is a different place.
Well. Consider yourself very lucky that you have not had to deal with the Covid MADNESS here in Canada. The herd got good and spooked all right. As an unvaccinated and perfectly healthy person (haven't had so much as a sniffle in 3 years), I was treated really terribly. Excluded from society. Called awful names. Told I was selfish and a granny-killer. Nearly lost my job - my REMOTE job. Was STUNNED that friends and acquaintances judged me and excluded me. But the chickens are certainly coming home to roost and at this point I can safely say that my tin foil hat protected me a hell of a lot better than useless masks and poison vaccines. What an ugly chapter in Canada's history.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Pet peeve is when you ask a Si or No question to someone on the street about where a street, store, or building is, they always answer "Si", even if they do not know. They will proceed talking to you showing a display knowledge & confidence, then give mis directions to get rid of you.. People in this society do not have the habit of saying "No". Saying "No" is OK, saves a lot of mis directed energy

Regards,

PJT

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Well. Consider yourself very lucky that you have not had to deal with the Covid MADNESS here in Canada. The herd got good and spooked all right. As an unvaccinated and perfectly healthy person (haven't had so much as a sniffle in 3 years), I was treated really terribly. Excluded from society. Called awful names. Told I was selfish and a granny-killer. Nearly lost my job - my REMOTE job. Was STUNNED that friends and acquaintances judged me and excluded me. But the chickens are certainly coming home to roost and at this point I can safely say that my tin foil hat protected me a hell of a lot better than useless masks and poison vaccines. What an ugly chapter in Canada's history.
You kind of went off a bit of a tangent there with your vaccination views, but everyone to their own.

But perhaps the herd mentality of Dominicans and obedience to government mandates ensured that the DR emerged from the pandemic in pretty good shape compared to many other countries.

Is that a good thing or bad? You choose...............

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well thankfully that is one DR habit that did not occur.
Canadians would have made willing characters for the novel Lord of The Flies

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
What about when playing with kids... We lift up off the floor ours kids by putting both hands on each side of their heads.

We call this, ver a Dios comiendo arroz!!!

JJ

• Wow
Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You kind of went off a bit of a tangent there with your vaccination views, but everyone to their own.

But perhaps the herd mentality of Dominicans and obedience to government mandates ensured that the DR emerged from the pandemic in pretty good shape compared to many other countries.

Is that a good thing or bad? You choose...............
Fascinating

Reactions: jd426

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Regarding the knot tieing of grocery bags, I haven't seen it since we left San Pedro over 3 years ago. When they tie them, it's always easy to untie. This include Ole, Bravo, Jumbo, and La Sirena.

I think we have enough trash bags until 2028.

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Regarding the knot tieing of grocery bags, I haven't seen it since we left San Pedro over 3 years ago. When they tie them, it's always easy to untie. This include Ole, Bravo, Jumbo, and La Sirena.

I think we have enough trash bags until 2028.

We never have enough, I’ll take yours 😂

Today I was in Sirena (San Cristobal) and the guy already packed 2 bags with double knots before I stopped the knots.

They totally redid the entire store and I was like a fish out of water, couldn’t find anything! We had lunch at the cafeteria, wasn’t as good as before (except the majarete was delicious). Looks like Bravo and Ines, both opened during Covid years, took a bite out of their customer base.

Reactions: JD Jones

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Neighbor can I borrow some ice, my refrigerator broke down 👇
Neighbor would you please let me finish cooking in your stove, my ran out of gas.
Neighbor can you please let use your wi fi, couldn't afford to buy a paquetito today.

JJ