another expat murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
This definitely sounds like a tale of jealousy and retribucion. I just hope Luc did not suffer and his death was quick - but I suspect that was not the case here. I wonder why there has been no mention of this in the local papers?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Europeans and Dominicans don't Tip?
and such makes 'em primary targets for Murder, 'eeh?
to the Western Europeans,
they Tip very well, their Tips are included in any Bill they Pay at any Service providing location/restaurant etc, and that Tip goes straight to the Person who provided the service, and at the usual Places like a restaurant/bar etc it is absolutely usual to leave an extra Tip on top of the anyways included Tip on the Table, at least that's usual where I grew up in good ole western Germany.
Dominicans,
the same, sitting in a good restaurant or having Fun at a good Bar(not talking some Colado Beers here) the also Dominicans leave a Tip on topof the prior in the Bill included Tip.
for both all the whole 9Yards from 10-20% is the usual rate, at least for the ones hanging out with Me the last good 15 years in the DR, foreigners and locals alike.

the usual system in the US been described in prior postings, no need to double, I spent more than 6 years of my Life throughout the USA and I am used to that, too. when at a new place, get used to it.

the tragic Murder case of the OP is sure not a common every Day ocurrance, simple thefts do usually not end up by taking the Victim apart and Burn it or dump the pieces on a dumpster, that sounds much more as a Crime with more than simple theft involved, and it sure had nothing to do with His Tipping behaviors.

foreigners highly respected, even overly protected down here on the Isle, yes, those ole Days happened, but back in the day there have been just a Few, they been mostly very well off, the Country welcomed any assitance from the outside, go figure why Immigrations Laws/Rules are so relaxed and been even more relaxed/non existend enforced 2 decades back?
today's foreigners are not any rare spezies on DR Streets, Expats, Sexpats and tourists are present all around, over all Beaches, in the highest Mountains, everywhere, so the Charm of a rare to protect Spezies is since very long Gone.
and today's large number of 'the new spezies' is sorrily by far not as most to be described as a big contribution to the country's progress, with large number of People from where ever come's always also a good number of trash, so today a Foreigner will not get any extra protection just because he is a foreigner, the foreigner of today has to earn the Country's/Neighbourhood's respect first to be included in the protected spezies program, the protection progrfam that is in every good neighbourhood present for the "Neighbours", in such case Locals and foreigners alike.

the Problem of the Family seems to me to be that they life in the Netherlands/Holland but the Victim gave up his permanent residency Status for that country, so I would guess the only Country in charge for bringing him back on European Soil would be his birthcountry Belgium.

sad for a Family to loose a Member that way,
and worse to be confronted with such burocratic extra hurdles additionally to the anyways hard time they go through.
all the best to the Family to get it solved at best possible

Mike

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I'm about to confuse you with some facts. For those unaccustomed to facts please turn your head now:

4. He was found quartered and burnt on a garbage dump site in the DR.

I was hoping this was a "Google" translator mistake. Is this what you translate it to mean from the Dutch?
This is the most disturbing part of what I've read about the death from this thread. This is NOT anything I've ever heard of happening in the DR, and as another poster stated seems to be gang, drug related, or someone sending a message.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Last edited:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
General analysis

That seems to be a method for these gange. Use the girlfriend/boyfriend as bait.

I want to underline that my earlier statement was a general statement ahout how some gangs seem to operate. I know nothing about this current case. Having said that I do think that gangs these days think they can get away with anything. This is a tragic event. My condolences to the family.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Decap is a new thing. Guys were taking double payment and getting the Mark to at dead while they took the obvious photos. Now for payment you have to butcher people and spread the limbs to prove you have done the job. ****, but that is why people are butchered, someone paying another to do the job, he needs photo proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.