Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's exactly the point,
this post got hijacked.
we have an OP who posted her truely experience to share it with the board community, exactly like it has to be.
to get attacked for such is BS.
to make it a private Nals affair is also BS, because it has nothing to do with the report of the OP about an occurance which happened to the OP.
from a over 5000 posts "moderator" i would really await a different language and attitude, to be a Mod on a bord is much more than just to express a opinion or heat a discussion up to highjack a thread, at least it should be.
Robert buddy,
i don't even understand that your short double post been all of a contribution to that situation, be the boss.
to "PROOF" that the situation been a carjacking would most likely mean that the post got written much more delayed, and not from home, more likely from a hospital with wireless included or from 3ft under.
IMO the OP did the absolutely right thing to share her experinece with the bord community and i hope that others will do the same in the future, because that's one of the main reasons why i am on this bord once in a while, to read about other expats experiences, to share my own and to discuss together how such can be resolved best.
if Mods don't like such or do not get this point we should take a makeover in case of Mods on the bord.
just my 2 cents
Mike

Reactions: catcherintherye

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just Live in Sosua, where life is Tranquillo and Rocky,

Kind of like Sweat and Sour and maybe a Shower.

Just because there's a McDonalds in the Capital doesn't mean you should go there.

Ha ha

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Time for a change

Well said Mike.
Robert, NALs, Cat got your tongues?
Mack.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
What are you smokin?

Mike l,
Read your thread in the morning/afternoon or whenever you become somewhat sane and tell us what it has to do with the OP!
Robert, time to shut it down.
Mack.
P.S. I'm done.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Ok, here goes...

A couple of nights ago, I was driving back to Santo Domingo at around 9.00 p.m. ...............

Have any other DR1 readers had a similar experience? It has certainly made me think twice about driving on my own after dark...

If you want to refresh your memory as to what this thread is about click on the right arrow next to domilinguist above to read the Original Post.

It is a great post and has stimulated great discussion which is easily filtered out of the white noise.

Mike l,
Read your thread in the morning/afternoon or whenever you become somewhat sane and tell us what it has to do with the OP!
Robert, time to shut it down.
Mack.
P.S. I'm done.

As irritating as NALs' post was he expressed a point of view. NALs is not the moderator of this Living forum. He is the moderator of the Polls forum only.

Mack, it's not your call to shut the thread down. You're not the OP.

There is plenty of room for more discussion related to the original post.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Please let's put a line under the discussion about Nals and his qualities as a poster or a moderator - as Celt pointed out, he only moderates the Polls forum and has no 'powers' elsewhere. Any further contributions to this thread should address the OT.

Thank you.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Time to get back on topic

It is a great post and has stimulated great discussion which is easily filtered out of the white noise.
Celt202 it certainly has generated a lot of discussion but I personally would not call it stimulating.
At last count the OP has generated 60+- replies
2 of which were added by the OP
8 replies that I would classify as genuine reponses to the topic
9 replies I would classify as tongue in cheek
6 replies by NALs
42 replies related to NALs' posts.
I wouldn't call that white noise that's a din.
There is plenty of room for more discussion related to the original post
If there is lets hear it then.
Mack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.