Attention: DR1 Daily News contributor robbed at home

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
...I have things floating in my eye....Matilda

I have that problem, also. They are called floaters. You don't even notice them after a while, unless you look for them. In my case it wasn't serious, but if many started appearing suddenly, then it could be. Blunt force trauma could trigger them.

Last edited:

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My experience of taking a suspect to court has always been a futile event. Most lawyer judges are there to see how much money they can gain for themselves. A private suit against an acused means getting a conviction is an expensive event. Stay out of court. Gringos always loose in the end. If they are caught by the police in another incident then add your story as conviction evidence. Best way to go.
I still think that if you had a mean looking dog that this would not have happened.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Here is an update, a week after the attack. I was not targeted; my husband was not targeted. This was a random attack. Two young guys were in the woods which many houses back on to, scoping out potential homes to rob. They saw my female Canadian visitor and Mr. Mat going out for a run and assumed our house was empty. One stayed with the motorcycle and the other came into our house expecting it to be empty. I saw his face, he pulled out a gun, and he was terrified, screaming at me not to look at him. Hence, I had to be eliminated and he was within 30 seconds of doing so by suffocation when Mr. Mat and friend came back. He then hit my hard on the temple (according to the neuro surgeon that is what they do in lucha libre as bleeds so much) hoping the deed was done. Luckily it wasn’t.

The police and judiciary have been very good – three different police forces involved, daily visits, statements, medical examinations, fiscals, evidence and it is known who the guys were and the police are on the case and I am confident they will resolve the crime.

It took me a while to work it out. The guy looked Dominican but he wasn’t. He spoke Dominican Spanish but he didn’t. He looked Dominican but he wasn't Dominicans don’t use suffocation nor the level of violence I experienced. And this guy had done it before – he was a professional. Eventually I realized although it took me a few days. He was Venezuelan. I had no idea there were any here.

So, I am still under the doctors. I get tired very easily, especially if I have to concentrate. I forget words and which language I am speaking in, I forget why I went into the kitchen or the bathroom. I have a paper and pen to write things down on so I remember what I have to do. I also need help walking as am still a bit shaky on my feet. The bruises are healing slowly although more are appearing at the same time. I need to see an ophthalmologist as I have things floating in my eye and keep an eye out for convulsions or any neurological issues. I also need another cat scan.

Thank you again for all of your support.

Matilda

1. You are lucky to have survived that incident.

2. You are lucky that the Policia Nacional and Fiscalia are actually doing some form of investigation.

I have had 3 incidents of vandalism, a criminal death threat letter thrown at my door against a whole family (including 7 year old child) and an illegal manifestation 'protest' in a common area in front of my apartment......

And not once has the Fiscalia investigated anything after numerous dennuncias filed.

In fact, they only investigated how they could get money out of the suspects.....LOL.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
It took me a while to work it out. The guy looked Dominican but he wasn’t. He spoke Dominican Spanish but he didn’t. He looked Dominican but he wasn't Dominicans don’t use suffocation nor the level of violence I experienced.
Thanks for sharing this. It was nice that you did not jump to conclusions as certain others did.
So, I am still under the doctors. I get tired very easily, especially if I have to concentrate. I forget words and which language I am speaking in, I forget why I went into the kitchen or the bathroom. I have a paper and pen to write things down on so I remember what I have to do. I also need help walking as am still a bit shaky on my feet. The bruises are healing slowly although more are appearing at the same time. I need to see an ophthalmologist as I have things floating in my eye and keep an eye out for convulsions or any neurological issues. I also need another cat scan.

Thank you again for all of your support.
We are with you, Matilda, and very glad that things were not worse. Carry on.

Jan 3, 2003
Oh dear. So sad and very worrying to see that some people really think like this. Please don't ever come to Dom Rep, it is a much nicer place without you.

We are growing by the day. We are fed up with criminals and those who believe savage animals have divine sparks within them as Pelosi speaks of MS 13 animals. All of these need to be exterminated ASAP. We, the peace loving members of society are fed up and we want an end to the violence. These animals as the one that attacked Matilda could have just as easily murdered her.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
First it was Haitians, now Venezuelans? I will say it again- lottery ticket time. I am so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery, and I certainly hope that you have no other related health problems moving forward! How are you feeling? Do you have enough help?

If and when you ever feel up to another book, I will certainly be one of the first people to purchase it. Until then, rest well.

wojtek

Mar 25, 2013
I am really sorry Matilda to hear this.Keep up good spirit.Wish You speedy recovery.

Wojtek