Breast feeding

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can't catch me on that, i don't like'em!
congrats thou, they look healthy ;)

C

Chip00

Only if you agree to eat privately from now on. If babies have to eat all by themselves, surely you can too ... ;)

You should be able to tan topless as well!

Yes you can sun topless - but I wouldn't recommend it as by the time you are 35 you will look 50. I have this neighbor back home we we grew up that she layed out EVERY day in the summer for at least an hour - and although she looked nice and tan in the early 80's she now looks ghastly and 20 years older than her husband at least!

Back to breast feeding - I'm all for it!!!!!!!!! :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can't take much sun anyway and i don't even tan much! just get a bit red, peel off and underneath i am darn white again!
did you know in some cultures eating out on the streets (restaurants don't count) causes outrage? there you go - stay all human at home and cyborg outside.
let's go back to caves....
LOL

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
i hate those monthers breast feeding in public. what the hell is wrong with them? do i stick my tits out for everyone to see? and mine's are nice parky pair not a saggy, stretched sacks new mums have!
YUCK!!!!!!
hell, why can't they put the stuff in a bottle before going out and let the kid suck on that?!

Are you for real. You need some serious growing up to do. Many years ago I worked for a program called WIC (Women,Infant and Children). It is a New York State run program that gives nutrition information and vouchers to low income women to better feed themselves and their children. Our emphasis was on breastfeeding for the expectant moms. I think breastfeeding is the best thing for infants and the mom as other members have already indicated with the benefits involved.To me and many others its the most natural thing to do and something that has been done from time immemorial.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
i can't take much sun anyway and i don't even tan much! just get a bit red, peel off and underneath i am darn white again!
did you know in some cultures eating out on the streets (restaurants don't count) causes outrage? there you go - stay all human at home and cyborg outside.
let's go back to caves....
LOL

That?s easier to say than done. If a mother is out and the baby starts crying and she is far from her home, should she be stupid enough not to breastfeed the baby? I don?t think there is any argument that would give validity to your position.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dudes, can't you read or what? i said i don't like the sight not that it's bad for kids.
doh!

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
not every woman is as discreet as you - strange how perception of the world changes when one becomes a mother... guess i will never know...

I think you have the answer right there. Perception of the world does change forever when you become a mother in a way that you can never possibly imagine....

I was the most intolerant single 'career/party' girl imaginable when it came to babies. Never had much contact with them and thought people who had them should stay indoors for the first 10 years! I used to walk behind pushchairs tutting about them being in my way.....and that was until I was 35! I never imagined for one moment that I'd ever have one attached to my boob! I really got my 'come uppance' when I had the girls and realised what a minefield the world can be with babies and young children in tow.......served me right totally! But breastfeeding has not 'sucked my personality out! So I do still like to 'party' when I get the opportunity. I do still have the same, slightly eccentric, views about a lot of things and I still make the same mistakes...! I'm not 'holier than thou' because I'm a mother.... So I do understand where you're coming from! But, as you've rightly said, you will never understand where I'm coming from...... (meant in the nicest possible way dv8, as I know how posts can be misread....) ;)

Maybe we should 'agree' to 'disagree' with dv8 and move on......:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

C

Chip00

sharlene, you're cool.
no, i will never know...

I hope you are wrong dv8 (what in the world is you real name btw???) as children may the best part of marriage.

My littlest one must tell me at least 3 times a day "Papi I love you very much - please never go away".

I think and hope with time you will find this out. :)

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
I hope you are wrong dv8 (what in the world is you real name btw???) as children may the best part of marriage.

My littlest one must tell me at least 3 times a day "Papi I love you very much - please never go away".

I think and hope with time you will find this out. :)

Not all women have a maternal instinct and thats ok. Not everyone was born to be a parent. Thats why today you see so many unhappy people, bc their parents should never have had them.

I do understand DV8 about not liking kids, I just dont agree w/ her position regarding BF.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como se dice "Yuck" en Espanol?.....

A few weeks ago, a friend if mine came to visit me at work with her newborn baby.

We went for lunch and after about 20 minutes, she excused herself to go to the bathroom and breasfeed her baby.

The first thought that came to my head was:

"There's a GOD"!!!!!!!!!.

Yeeeeees, I know it's good for the kid but to me, even if the woman is a ZULU tribe member, Cindy Crawford or my darling Charlize Theron, KEEP IT AWAY FROM MY EYES!!!!.

Hey Chip00, since you are "all for breasts", boy do I have a pair for you!. I hear my great-grandmother is looking for a young sex slave!!. Hahahaha!!.

C

Chip00

A few weeks ago, a friend if mine came to visit me at work with her newborn baby.

We went for lunch and after about 20 minutes, she excused herself to go to the bathroom and breasfeed her baby.

The first thought that came to my head was:

"There's a GOD"!!!!!!!!!.

Yeeeeees, I know it's good for the kid but to me, even if the woman is a ZULU tribe member, Cindy Crawford or my darling Charlize Theron, KEEP IT AWAY FROM MY EYES!!!!.

Hey Chip00, since you are "all for breasts", boy do I have a pair for you!. I hear my great-grandmother is looking for a young sex slave!!. Hahahaha!!.

Miguel - hay papa - que no que no que no!

Back on topic. What is the big deal with breasts in public anyway? Heck when I was a young guy that's all I wanted to see anyway! Now that I'm married and seen enough of them so what is the big deal? God put them there for a reason I say use them then already goshdarnet! :)

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Miguel - hay papa - que no que no que no!

Back on topic. What is the big deal with breasts in public anyway? Heck when I was a young guy that's all I wanted to see anyway! Now that I'm married and seen enough of them so what is the big deal? God put them there for a reason I say use them then already goshdarnet! :)

well, because they are seen as a sexual organ.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I breastfeed my child. Yes, present tense. I breastfeed my 22 month-old child. Last week she emphatically declared "no more boobies!". Today she's back at it. I plant to breastfeed until she's two. It's the best thing I have done for her, and at the beginning I went to hell and back because I was determined to breastfeed and I had all kinds of problems. I don't regret having stuck to it, unfortunately I discovered there is a La Leche League here after I had things sorted out by myself.

Here I have found the attitude towards breastfeeding, specially an older child to be very stupid, unfortunately the US is not a great example either (Denmark is a great place for breastfeeding moms, same as Spain, in my experience). People seems to have forgotten that boobs are primarily for feeding our offsprings. There is nothing shameful or disgusting about it. It is natural, it is good for the mom and excellent for the kid. I don't care if my boobs sag later, my child is more important than that. If it bothers me I can get surgery afterwards, nothing else will be as good for my child.

I have found that attitudes as described and exhibited in this thread are a result of ignorance and misplaced prudishness. The women I have known to take breastfeeding seriously are neither the rich and famous nor the poor, but the granola loonies such as myself. At least I am in good company.

Last edited: