Cabarete Soul - located where "The Chinese Restaurant" used to be

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'm not sure about the location. I don't think they will get so many clients as they used to on the main street where everyone could see them.
Most Chinese restaurants rely more on word of mouth than location. Good Chinese food with good prices brings them in.............

Reactions: Buck and windeguy

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've already had quite a few people contact me asking where it is. They have a loyal following. Most of their regulars will be back for sure.

Maybe some Dominicans will develop a taste for Chinese food(?). Surely, they must be tired of the same old offerings you find in the Callejón?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Speaking of rents, I've heard that the owner of the old Chinese restaurant location was asking $1500/mo USD. That's a whole lot of breakfasts to sell before you put the first peso of profit in your pocket.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm not sure about the location. I don't think they will get so many clients as they used to on the main street where everyone could see them.
With no rent to pay and people already getting the word out on Facebook that they are open again, they will do just fine. I told another person and they showed up for takeout while was eating lunch there.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You don't know how cheap the expats are in Cabarete. They will find it for sure!
Expats yes, but not many short-term visitors will be wandering in the back streets of Callejon and come across it, especially at night. There are still a few of them!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Speaking of rents, I've heard that the owner of the old Chinese restaurant location was asking $1500/mo USD. That's a whole lot of breakfasts to sell before you put the first peso of profit in your pocket.
I communicated directly with the new business owner at Surf and Dine. It will not be just breakfasts.

There will also be lunch and dinner. He mentioned many different items. Ambitious , he is.

He used to have a Poutine Cart at Encuentro.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Expats yes, but not many short-term visitors will be wandering in the back streets of Callejon and come across it, especially at night. There are still a few of them!
The new location has far less room as well. I hope the expats will keep them going for as long as they want to stay open.
Virtually no overhead costs should help that considerably.

Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A friend of mine from Sosua went there last night and said it was packed. News is spreading fast.

He posted my fotos on Everything Cabarete and got 86 responses and 21 shares.

They're open from 12pm to 9pm. Closed Wednesdays.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Try their Butchers Choice omelet or their Croque Monsieur ....delicious
I think I have tried almost everything on the menu,lol. I eat there 4-5 times a week. In addition to having good food they have properly trained wait staff,the owners are cool peeps and most importantly for me as someone who has gotten horribly sick eating in other restaurants the place is spotlessly clean,you could eat off of the toilet seat in there,okay maybe not but you get the point,lol.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The Chinese restaurant was packed tonight. Unfortunately, the new restaurant in their old location was empty.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
A friend of mine from Sosua went there last night and said it was packed. News is spreading fast.

He posted my fotos on Everything Cabarete and got 86 responses and 21 shares.

They're open from 12pm to 9pm. Closed Wednesdays.
They've changed closing from 9pm to 7pm as of today.