Cafe Cubano owner Brian

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I am WAYNE RAMSAY the brother of Brian. Has anyone visited him CMC Hospital?

Wayne,

No, I have not, although I would like to, but wanted to know if he is up for visitors. You can PM me. Best wishes for a refu'ah shleimah (a complete healing).

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Wayne, glad you are on here. I went with a friend to see your brother today. He's in the Critical Care Unit and allowed visitors one at a time at 11, 4 and I think 7.

I spent some time with him asking questions. It was much easier for him to answer yes or no rather than try to get the words out. The nurse said he is much improved from yesterday. He is trying to talk, to me today he only spoke in Spanish. He did know who I was (and that I don't speak much Spanish). He is getting great care there and is not totally paralyzed as some have said. Maybe he was when they brought him in, but his left side seems to be OK, the right not so much which was the case the last time.

The Canadian consulate has been notified and a representative will visit him this afternoon.

Josie, one of his nurses is very helpful. I suggested he be given a pen and paper so he can write what he wants to say and she was very accommodating. We also wrote out the alphabet so he could point and spell out your name for example.

I would suggest less rather than more visitors, he really needs to rest and heal.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Forgot to mention that Cafe Cubano is open. I stopped by and updated the girls as to his progress.

Aug 21, 2007
Wayne, glad you are on here. I went with a friend to see your brother today. He's in the Critical Care Unit and allowed visitors one at a time at 11, 4 and I think 7.

I spent some time with him asking questions. It was much easier for him to answer yes or no rather than try to get the words out. The nurse said he is much improved from yesterday. He is trying to talk, to me today he only spoke in Spanish. He did know who I was (and that I don't speak much Spanish). He is getting great care there and is not totally paralyzed as some have said. Maybe he was when they brought him in, but his left side seems to be OK, the right not so much which was the case the last time.

The Canadian consulate has been notified and a representative will visit him this afternoon.

Josie, one of his nurses is very helpful. I suggested he be given a pen and paper so he can write what he wants to say and she was very accommodating. We also wrote out the alphabet so he could point and spell out your name for example.

I would suggest less rather than more visitors, he really needs to rest and heal.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Did anyone tell you that you are an angel? Thanks for doing what we others have not. Please do keep us informed.

Lindsey

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Hi Wayne, I went and visited Brian this afternoon. I told Brian that you were asking about him, and is it okay for me to tell you his condition, and he said yes!

I was able to talk with his primary care doctor "Lopez" and asked about his condition.

Doctor Lopez said Brian is improving and he should be moving down to the normal room sometime tomorrow. But he needs to have someone to take care of him when he is ready to go home. He is living by himself now, this will not work. Brian was able to said yes or no to me, so it was a improvement from the earlier post.

Canadian consulate representative also visited him, and she told me pretty much the same thing. We know each other. I hope Brian get better, and you can think of something to help him as well. Best luck!!

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I have experience with Dr. Lopez and think that he is a serious, intelligent and caring doctor.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Mario Lopez, a middle-aged guy, or the other one, the heart guy, who's about 12? They're both good. I only ask bc Mario is my pcp who makes house calls.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Brian now has pneumonia will remain intensive care 4 more days. wayne ramsay

Unfortunately, hospital-acquired pneumonia is one of the hazards of being the hospital. And it tends to be more
serious than community-acquired pneumonia because the person is already in a weakened condition and
because the germs floating around in a hospital are often more serious than those outside the hospital.

Hospital-acquired pneumonia: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery... very sorry to hear this happened to him.

KenMo2k

Apr 13, 2015
We called the Hospital yesterday and the person there said that Brian is very lonely at the Hospital (CMC Sosua). A couple of his friends are headed to Sosua from here (Toronto) on Thursday (16th) to see how he is doing. They'll be looking for English speaking people at Brian's Cafe' to share news.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I am out of the country but when I return I will be visiting him. Hope he is improving

Bob k