canadian missionary shot 9 times in cabarete

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
latest update merged into the original thread.

The problem with merging my post with this post is that when people open this post they think that they're looking at an old post and never get to the new post that I made where Les was recognised for his bravery. IMO Les' award for bravery warranted a new post.
See the latest post from Wuarhat.
This link just opens another window at the beginning of this thread, for me. Have these guys been caught or not?

Mack.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i could not find any confirmed news in local media that the criminals who shot les were apprehended.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
i could not find any confirmed news in local media that the criminals who shot les were apprehended.

If they are caught they will be back out sometime in the near future. As much trouble as would occur if you shot someone and killed them it is a better alternative than getting shot 9 times. Even if Lef recovers, their will probably be some long term effects from 9 shots, even small caliber.
The best home weapon is a 12 Gauge pump shotgun with # 4 lead shot. At the range of this gun fight it would have blown the stomach out of the perp and he would not likely have survived. And if you know anything about shotguns just the sound of the racking of the pump is enough to get your attention.
At a range across the yard it will deliver a couple pellets that means the thief is going to the hospital soon. And it you run out of shells it can be used like a Louisville slugger.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does it seem this year the burglaries are up on the North Coast ? I just got a text from a friend in Montellano where two houses were burglarized while the residence were sleeping last night. Typical theft, watches, cell phones and tablets, but not worth losing your life to fight over. Trouble is you find someone in your home you have no idea what his motivation or level of violence.

Better have your own gun and if needed know how to use it and hit what you are aiming at.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I have been told some time ago that Les was back in Cab and playing guitar gigs. If he is good for him. I do not know of anyone who has survived 9 gunshot wounds. The worst I have ever investigated was when one drug gang moved to another apartment building in Toronto and told the local guy in that apartment that they were taking over (red vs blue) the local objected. They took him out to the parking lot and shot him 4 times in the chest. He survived because none of the rounds hit an organ. He was discharged 2 days later and never gave me a statement. If the bullet does not hit a major organ or an artery you will survive.
Les was very lucky in a way. I know where he was shot and you would not like to survive but he is obviously a strong person. I wish him well.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I found an update on this story. The following is the link:
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...‘it-never-did-scare-me’/ar-BBBk1Sv?li=AAggNb9

If the link does not work the short version is that Mr.Lehmann has made a full recovery and still lives on the north coast. He was also awarded the Star of Courage from the Canadian government for protecting the 26 people who where staying at his villa. The report also says that 1 of the bad guys was caught and dealt with by the local police. (Hope he rots in hell)