Census - Who are DR1's Participants?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
D. For the past 13 years 7 months in Canada and 5 winter months in the DR on the north coast. We feel welcome in the DR, think the people are warm and helpful but appreciate there are big problems in the country that will take a long time to improve.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
B - DR is slowly turning into a narcostate, where rule of law is disappearing more each day... I visit for family reasons but this could become a thing of the past. La Habana around festival time sounds more and more appealing to me..

May 29, 2006
My ideal would be four months in the DR in the winter, four months in Estonia in the summer, and two months on either side in the states. The days are 20 hours long in Estonia Mid Summer, but the winters I can do without.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I am an A and love it here. Been here 8 years already and am not thinking of EVER going back to the UK. Might enjoy visiting other countries but this is my home for the rest of my life (whatever the length of it may be). And that includes my other half who is also English and his mother who is 85!

I love this site, yes there are times when the posting can be negative but you have to see both sides of the coin! That's life, those rose tinted glasses won't last forever, because wherever you live there are good and bad points.

Good poll by the way :D

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
A.

Live here full-time in STI. Lived here the last year, visited before (never been to an AI!). I am optimistic for this country it has so much; but change is very slow so I accept it as it is and enjoy it. That doesn't mean that I don't call out the BS but I neither ignore it or expect to change it.

I lived for 14 years in Appalachia/US and it prepared me for the DR, really.

Tom/Santiago

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
D, I am not an expat , I still am working but have put my roots down in Sosua and couldn't be happier. I see the D.R. for what it is and try to let the short comings roll off my back. I still get frustrated. But it's still my dream of having a place in the Caribbean, everything else is a bonus.
The negatives will take a long time to correct, and serious governmental changes need to happen before true progress will happen.