Chicken Wing Sauce (Buffalo style)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
All a matter of taste, I eschew cocktail sauce in favor of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise mix.

Pedestrian, that cocktail sauce..... IMO

Yes, dijon-aise is a nice dipping sauce, I hope you don't use store bought Grey Poupon, pew pew!
Catsup on wings, and cocktail sauce is pedestrian, stay in the crosswalk Chap.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm going to lodge a complaint about your abusive behavior.....

When they cite you, I don't want there to be any confusion -

It will be ME who is blowing the whistle !~!!!

pedestrian = crosswalk................ very good
sharp on Mondays , huh?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not really hot wing sauce, but boy-o-boy is this stuff good on wings..... (Big, so you can see it!!)

713n4Wy6s6L._SL1500_.jpg

If only we had a Trader Joe's here.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Yes, dijon-aise is a nice dipping sauce, I hope you don't use store bought Grey Poupon, pew pew!

Grey Poupon............mais non monsieur.
Il n'y a rien comme la vrai................Dijon (style) Maille.
L'original.
:lick:

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
Frank's at LaSirena in POP

I got 5 bottles of Frank's at LaSirena in POP last week. There were about 5 bottles left on the shelf - very bottom shelf by the BBQ sauce - they were clear to the back. I only lucked out and happened to see one bottle and discovered the others. Can't promise there are any left, but if there are, you best grab what's left as it may be a while before they get more!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
They simply put the word siracha on the label as a marketing gimmick. [/I]Maybe it contains 5% siracha - big deal.

The funny thing is, there is no such thing as a Siracha ingredient. It a type of sauce, not an ingredient.

My concoction is 50% Huy Fong Sambal Olek Chili Paste, and 50% duck sauce or Saucy Susan!

41wP1I2yqVL._SX425_.jpg

3068485057_full.jpg

May 29, 2006
There's some short documentary on Sriracha sauce on Netflix. Classic immigrant success story. It's made in California from red Jalapenos. I'm not much of a fan of it myself and the price is high compared to similar products. They seem to stir up rumors about it going out of business once in a while and then, miraculously, it goes on sale in the supermarkets. I suspect this times out shortly after the Jalapeno harvest..

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I got 5 bottles of Frank's at LaSirena in POP last week. There were about 5 bottles left on the shelf - very bottom shelf by the BBQ sauce - they were clear to the back. I only lucked out and happened to see one bottle and discovered the others. Can't promise there are any left, but if there are, you best grab what's left as it may be a while before they get more!

Are you talking about Franks Hot Sauce or Franks Wing Sauce?

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Playero had Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce this afternoon (6/10). It’s on the top shelf, end of the isle, opposite the crackers and cereal.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you guys crap on me...

I use real ingredients - after the ketchup or BBQ sauce.

you buffoons just mix two bottles of 'store bought' together.
At least my 'concoction' has better ingredients.

Meet me at the graveyard ..... I'll avoid the artificial stuff

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
you guys crap on me...

I use real ingredients - after the ketchup or BBQ sauce.

you buffoons just mix two bottles of 'store bought' together.
At least my 'concoction' has better ingredients.

Meet me at the graveyard ..... I'll avoid the artificial stuff

Coming from a guy that puts Baldom Catsup on toast and calls it Pizza, LOL!

May 29, 2006
Mayonnaise on shrimp and ketchup on wings.. I guess my pallet just isn't as sensitive as yours :)

My most complex wing sauce is a BBQ style with tomato paste, honey, chipotle, Worchestershire Sauce, a pinch of cinnamon and some other ingredients. I went through 25 pounds of wings developing it, but I haven't made it for years.

Now it's a quart of Tapitio Sauce with a can of Chipotle peppers buzzed into it, then mixed an equal volume of Kikoman Green Onion and Garlic Marinate, sometimes with some(OK, a lot of) Old Bay added in for a more complex flavor. But I don't know if you can source all that down there.. I'll be bringing down a pound can of Old Bay with me next trip, that's for sure.

Tambo's mix is prob pretty close to my mix in some ways, though I don't know if his has any garlic in it. Nice to have some heat and sweet with wings. I want to try using Mango Preserves instead of Duck Sauce sometime as a base.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tambo's mix is prob pretty close to my mix in some ways, though I don't know if his has any garlic in it. Nice to have some heat and sweet with wings. I want to try using Mango Preserves instead of Duck Sauce sometime as a base.

That Green Rooster sauce can keep vampire's away for a week son!