Chicken Wing Sauce (Buffalo style)

Jan 9, 2004
Yes I have seen it but I make a big batch for football Sunday (we are a bunch of spicy wing sauce addicts) and the small bottle is just not enough.

I actually bought some Stubbs Wing Sauce (my favorite) via Amazon and had it shipped via BMC, got hosed on shipping though because of the weight (6 bottles).

I send Frank's Wing sauce down by the gallons.......let me know if you would like one. Next shipment will go out mid-November and arrive in time for the tail end of the regular football season and well before the playoffs.

Never knew this stuff was so popular. Even the locals who are averse to things hot/spicy love the stuff.....thus the reason I send it by the gallons.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I send Frank's Wing sauce down by the gallons.......let me know if you would like one. Next shipment will go out mid-November and arrive in time for the tail end of the regular football season and well before the playoffs.

Never knew this stuff was so popular. Even the locals who are averse to things hot/spicy love the stuff.....thus the reason I send it by the gallons.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

playa, Frank?s is awesome. if you can get your hands on a sauce called Pickapeppa from Jamaica, the red version, give it a try...great stuff.

http://www.heavenlyheathotsauce.com/hot-sauce/Pickapeppa+Hot+Pepper+Sauce/heatrating7/HH396

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
since you all been talking and talking. what do i do with this franks sauce? few drops in food our pour all over? how does one eat that?

Frank's is not really hot. It is just tasty. You need pour it all over. A drop won't do anything. I put that **** on everything!

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Frank's is not really hot. It is just tasty. You need pour it all over. A drop won't do anything. I put that **** on everything!

Franks is great because it adheres to the wing, from there you can add your tabasco and habanero to kick it up depending on how spicy you like the wings. Franks alone is not very spicy.

May 29, 2006
since you all been talking and talking. what do i do with this franks sauce? few drops in food our pour all over? how does one eat that?

The wings are cooked for 8-10 minutes(more if frozen) at around 350 then tossed in a bowl with Franks and sometimes some butter or margarine. A quarter cup of Franks is about right for every pound of wings. Too much and you end up with a puddle of sauce and the wings aren't as crispy. Ideally it's served with celery sticks, bleu cheese dressing and LOTS of beer.

Franks has added garlic to it, which gives it more flavor than Tabasco, Salsa Picante or Texas Pete. A gallon of Texas Pete costs $8 and Franks is around $16. You get what you pay for.

May 29, 2006

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Try this recipe for wings. 1/2 gallon Frank's Red Hot, 1 oz Worcestershire sauce, 1/2oz. Tabasco. Whisk together. Over low heat or in a double boiler add 1 cup butter and stir it slowly as it melts. Lightly flour the wings and deep fry just before tossing them in the sauce.

Marinating the wings for 12 hours first makes it even better.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Frank's Hot Sauce has close to zero calories. However one teaspoon has 8% of your daily sodium requirement. A half gallon has an even higher percentage.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Too much work...

I use the BBQ sauce...start low grill... lift the grill high, and walk away.

40-50 minutes later.... Chef Boyardee takes a bow.........

Deep fry.... meet me at the Cardiac Hotel....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Copycat Frank's Hot Sauce

http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-franks-red-hot-sauce-494182

18 fresh cayenne peppers (ends & stems removed)
1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions

USING FRESH CAYENNE PEPPERS.
There are two different ways to prepare this sauce. You can use fresh cayenne peppers, or you can use cayenne peppers from your garden that you have canned.
If you're using fresh cayenne peppers, simply remove the ends and measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
Heat over medium heat until boiling.
Reduce the heat slightly, but so the mixture continues to boil.
Simmer about 20-25 minutes.
Remove the mixture from heat, carefully pour it into a blender & puree until thick and smooth.
Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan and simmer another 15 minutes.
USING CANNED CAYENNE PEPPERS.
If you're using canned cayenne peppers, which is what we used in this particular recipe --.
In a blender add 18 peppers, 1 cup of vinegar (we used the juice from our home-canned peppers), garlic, salt, and garlic powder.
Cover and puree until smooth.
Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
The sauce is much better if you allow the flavors to marry overnight in the fridge, but if you don't have enough time to let it marinate overnight it will still turn out great wings!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I coat wings with olive oil and rub with cajun spices. Then I put them in the Bradley smoker with hickory wood pucks. For sauce I mix Frank's, ketchup, Essence of Emeril,
garlic powder and if I want to dial up the heat a few drops of a real hot sauce or some cayenne pepper. When I do the sauce right, it doesn't hit you with heat. The heat is sort of delayed. I have had people try them and say " no son picante", then a few laters wiping sweat off forehead.
The combiantion of cajun rub, smokey flavor and the sauce works for me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so i bought this franks hot sauce, right? did not try it on wings yet but i'm already through half of a bottle. i put it on meat and sammiches. tasty stuff.

May 29, 2006
I go through close to a gallon of Tapitio a year.. $4 a quart at Walmart. A little thicker than Franks.