Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Covid test requirements when flying out of the DR have zero to do with the Dominican airport and everything to do with the country to which you are flying.
The USA requires a negative Antigen test, for example.

(Within 90 days we will know without the shadow of a doubt where CV19 came from. LOL I read it in the news.)
Exactly correct. It is has to do with rules of the country where you are disembarking. And Btw nothing to do with the e ticket you need to leave.
As of last week the test was needed to fly into JFK.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Viral mutations survive only if they are advantageous for the virus. Eg. easier to spread and infect a new host and do not kill the host quickly before the virus can multiply in the body and be spread to another host. While it is not like a virus is really alive as defined by scientists, all a virus exists for is to procreate and spread to other hosts to procreate some more. A mutation that does not aid the virus in this simple mission usually doesn't exist for long.
Correct me if I am wrong but this continue to be a never ending cycle...
Will it not?

Reactions: lifeisgreat

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes - from what I read...
Necessitating booster shots annually to fight the newer strains.

Just like the flu - different every year

Notice the flu has all but disappeared with the better prevention protocols we have been following.

This will become manageable eventually - but not eradicated
At least that seems to be the goal.... an achievable one, we hope

Reactions: lifeisgreat

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Notice the flu has all but disappeared with the better prevention protocols we have been following.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I hope it reacts just like the flu. Each year I get the shot and each year I don’t get a flu. Very easy. Five minutes,no cost. No flu.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

How do we know the flu has all but disappeared? We know there is incentive in labeling deaths as the Wuhan flu. I would be willing to bet that many flu deaths are masked as Wuhan deaths.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
How do we know the flu has all but disappeared? We know there is incentive in labeling deaths as the Wuhan flu. I would be willing to bet that many flu deaths are masked as Wuhan deaths.
Where is the incentive? Is it world wide? Have you seen anybody with flu symptoms in past yr?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Where is the incentive? Is it world wide? Have you seen anybody with flu symptoms in past yr?
It's been well documented that hospitals get more $ when the patient dies of the Wuhan flu. Also, human nature being what it is, it's just easier to check the Wuhan box instead of the flu box. Why? Because that's what people expect. It's probably more difficult to distinguish between the Wuhan virus and the flu, so why bother with the extra work?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It's been well documented that hospitals get more $ when the patient dies of the Wuhan flu. Also, human nature being what it is, it's just easier to check the Wuhan box instead of the flu box. Why? Because that's what people expect. It's probably more difficult to distinguish between the Wuhan virus and the flu, so why bother with the extra work?
Ya I guess you need more money to run hospitals bursting at seams ..my experience is everyone avoided hospitals like the they could catch something by just entering doors of hospital..you Can get MRI or cat scan in few days here in Toronto totally unheard of..

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
No, I haven't. I think anybody that had the flu stayed home and out of sight so as to not be thought they the virus.
I guess if they stayed home they couldn’t spread it flu self extinguished itself? Cut down flu ? my wife and kids haven’t got sick in yr..

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I guess if they stayed home they couldn’t spread it flu self extinguished itself? Cut down flu ? my wife and kids haven’t got sick in yr..
I haven't heard one person so much as cough or sneeze in Janet's this past year. A couple times I've had to, but I forced myself not to because I didn't want people scattering away from me thinking I had the virus.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Curfew strictly enforced for the provinces with high positive reports

Attachments

• DA84CBD3-D804-49FF-865C-DA9932277214.jpeg
    DA84CBD3-D804-49FF-865C-DA9932277214.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 7C8B2E24-D792-4FBC-B809-C24218086394.jpeg
    7C8B2E24-D792-4FBC-B809-C24218086394.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 9BF190F6-1C5F-4DED-9C5E-1195204533DA.jpeg
    9BF190F6-1C5F-4DED-9C5E-1195204533DA.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 150

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
One reason for higher deaths in Latin countries (Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia & Ecuador) might be becuase of indigenous Indian populations - It was one of the deciding factors in the Conquistadors vanquishing the Aztec Empire, as well as Tainos in the Caribbean.
The native Indians were widespread victims of new illnesses and succumbed to many diseases, not the least of which was smallpox.
Yet somehow the Conquistadors did not suffer as brutally as the natives from the same diseases they introduced.
Maybe there is something in their DNA that makes them more vulnerable ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Correct me if I am wrong but this continue to be a never ending cycle...
Will it not?
Yes. CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. How it is and will be treated is up to each government to decide upon how much death versus financial pain they will tolerate. Loss of control is also a factor in the mix.

Reactions: aarhus

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
One reason for higher deaths in Latin countries (Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia & Ecuador) might be becuase of indigenous Indian populations - It was one of the deciding factors in the Conquistadors vanquishing the Aztec Empire, as well as Tainos in the Caribbean.
The native Indians were widespread victims of new illnesses and succumbed to many diseases, not the least of which was smallpox.
Yet somehow the Conquistadors did not suffer as brutally as the natives from the same diseases they introduced.
Maybe there is something in their DNA that makes them more vulnerable ?
poor leadership simple...

Status
Not open for further replies.