Cottage Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't understand the high price here. It's about double the price in the US. I think on many US imported items they add on an extra duty tax so the product can't compete directly with a Dominican one, but there is no Dominican cottage cheese here that I've ever seen. Dominicans I know don't even know what it is.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I have never found decent ricotta in DR. The Dominican brands are horrendous. I saw Galbani mozzarella once so there’s a chance they might carry their ricotta too
You simply buy whole unpasteurized cow's milk. Order a few cheese cloth on Amazon. Bring to a slight boil milk, turn off heat add white vinegar or yellow lemon juice. Stirring until curds form, let cool, strain let sit straining overnight for best results. This is how I do it. Or you can buy Galbini in Bravo, etc

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
WW, I want you to know that after all this cottage cheese talk, I bought some this week for the first time in years!!!
Try it on your salads instead of dressing.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Jumbo in POP almost always has the Breakstone cottage cheese.

Playero rarely lately.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I sometimes wonder if these big supermarkets have some sharing arrangements for products to take advantage of bulk purchases.

Like does CCN bring 20 cases of cottage cheese on a refrigerated trailer that is then sold to other supermarkets?

Status
Not open for further replies.