Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think we can ignore this as well as farmacias being take out only, right? It's just a pretty brochure with words.
Darn it, it does mention a predintial decree, so maybe it is good to go....

1609591465767.png

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So long as they continue to invite hundreds of thousands of tourist a
month into this country, do any of
you honestly believe these numbers
will drop?
The priority is in getting those tourists to come.

"These numbers" are not the issue.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is that the place that got the $4M peso fine.... and will lose their license if it happens again?

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … sanitarios

Palladium hotel in Bavaro fined 4million pesos for a party last night that broke sanitary rules. No such gatherings allowed until after 10th and the threat of removal of license if they fail to follow protocols again
Who's bank account does that RD$4m pesos go? is the question every single person who chooses to live/ work here should be asking.

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
All pharmacies in Sosua are open today for walk in !! Until the curfew begins of course.
Next question is: Is there a grace period to get home after noon on the weekends ? Super Pola has hours posted 6AM to 12. Either that is wrong or there
is a grace period that was not added to the graphic post the government put out.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Next question is: Is there a grace period to get home after noon on the weekends ? Super Pola has hours posted 6AM to 12. Either that is wrong or there
is a grace period that was not added to the graphic post the government put out.
No there isn't. Everyone at home at 12 midday no grace period. There is a Grace period in the week until 7pm

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I am terribly sorry that the government also put out a nice image of how the farmacias are delivery only. I should have realized that this brochure has nothing to do with reality.

Really goes to show the value of social media channels, and their detrimental effect upon society as a whole.

Reactions: CristoRey

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I would call the Ministry of Health and ask to speak to the woman in charge. She is also the VP of the DR. You can ask why she had misleading information published.

More misinformation for the sole sake of trying to make a point.
The Minister of Health, and the Vice-President of the RD are not the same person.
No, not one in the same.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

I believe it is safe to say that persons who solely rely on the silly cartoon graphic will be getting the short end of the stick.
People will have to start doing some old fashioned leg work, and making inquiries within their own proper communities, if they wish to make their lives operate smoothly.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I passed two chain farmacias in Barahona this morning.
They each had two orderly lines outside the store. One for customers with insurance (con seguros). One for customers without insurance (sin seguros).
They each were allowing a maximum of five customers INTO the location at a time. As one departed, a new customer was allowed to enter. Quite orderly. Quite efficient.
This was at 8:45am.

• Love
Reactions: Africaida

nomiiiii

Dec 30, 2020
Seattle
The supermercado/pharmacies in Puerto Plata today were a total madhouse zoo around 11am with everyone trying to get their shopping done before noon.

How this was more covid-safe vs having extended hours I don't know. I'm sure I got covid just shopping in the supercrowded aisles today.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Had dinner last night in St Domingo, walked to my car 2 blocks away and drove to Cotui, no fuss no muss.. just like Florida

2020 has most definitely taken it's toll on the restuarant industry, and this start to 2021 is not doing anybody favours of any sort, but while in Cotuí can you inquire if Lisst Resturant has survived all this nonsense?
I had a nice time there once, and hope they have been able to weather this storm.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
The supermercado/pharmacies in Puerto Plata today were a total madhouse zoo around 11am with everyone trying to get their shopping done before noon.

How this was more covid-safe vs having extended hours I don't know. I'm sure I got covid just shopping in the supercrowded aisles today.
This as well as other insane contradictions make no sense. It's all about control not a Virus with a low death rate.
Not bad for the bottom lines for the Supermarkets as well as some other large companies. Think about it, you do the same volume in short hours saving ou a fortune on your labor costs, small light bill. I feel so sorry First for the kids, not getting an education and also the people in general, plus all the small business owners, like my ex. She works 7 days a week at her salon, which she bought from the past owners, paying off the note early. I don't see how she and many others will survive these closures.

Status
Not open for further replies.