Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
Remember those pretty colored posters from the Vice president's office that were posted here a couple days ago? They showed showed bars, restaurants, colmadones, and farmacias "closed to the public". How do you manage to put out such poor, erroneous, incomplete information? The pharmacies are open and so are bars, colmadones, and restaurants with the prohibition of serving food and drinks on premises.
The picture was corrected shortly thereafter.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From personal experience:

Mask don’t protect you from getting covid, they will only extend the time until you’ll eventually get it.

Using gloves, is only a must do if you come in contact with items or cash as part if your daily work. It also offers a limited protection.

Washing your hands with soap after any outing does a lot to keep you from rubbing any trace lingering onto your face, nose, mouth or eyes. Problem is that also all items you handle during that outing must also get disinfectant all over them.

We can extend the safe time until we become infected by covid but very, very few will outdo the pandemic.

These actions are only to slow the infection rate to a level where the healthcare system doesn’t collapse around us.

It has nothing to do with keeping you from ever getting infected with it. They know you will get it...

Meanwhile the lack of intellect on our political appointees to deal with it and the economy, tells us we should start learning mandarin...
As only China has shown the intellectual 🧐 basis on how to deal with a pandemic and your economy at the same time. They will rule the world’s economy...

Even their use of a QR cell phone based system to allow people to incorporate at each step back into the economy, safely, had been proven effective and tamper proof...

I’ve sent the same QR plan to our gov to no avail.
We are fked...
I stated this many times by using these words: CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

On top of that governments are trying to do whatever sticks to the wall in sometimes random and chaotic order to show they are doing something. Vaccines which may help delay the deaths and severe cases if they ever are able to vaccinate enough to make a difference. That remains to be seen both on quantity and quality of the vaccines. In a year, we will know if vaccines last a year or just several months . Lasting only several months would render them fairly useless.

Eventually about 5 to 6 of every 1,000 people in the world could die from CV19. That is my best guess from the available numbers.
The shutdowns do delay those deaths by a short amount of time in the scheme of things.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Attachments

• 1609847660814.png
    1609847660814.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 101

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the problem is Windy that if they continue cracking down on any partying in the AI's people will stop coming as word gets out. Airlines might reduce flights just because of low flight loads.

Why? only because it has absolutely nothing to do with the virus. It is ALL about control.
I admit I am surprised at any crackdowns at AI resorts since the current government's main goal for tourism is to restore clients to AI resorts.
I guess it is another story of one hand not knowing what the other wants.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't understand this 10 day curfew. Several posters have questioned why weekends are very difficult for grocery shoppers. i.e. instead of having a full day to shop, you have to complete your shopping before 12 noon. This leads to long lines, depleted stocks and crowded super markets with no social distancing.

Here in Sosua, virtually all the bars and restaurants (that are not part of a hotel) have shut down for the whole 10 day lockdown. However, despite the tight curfews the bars and restaurants on the beach are doing very well. Everybody who wants to eat out and have a drink goes to the beach. Even the local bar drunks are showing up at the beach. So what is the advantage of punishing the owners and patrons of the bars and restaurants in Sosua and creating a windfall for the owners of beachfront establishments
It's about saving people's (thats a first) not about saving people's livelihoods.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I admit I am surprised at any crackdowns at AI resorts since the current government's main goal for tourism is to restore clients to AI resorts.
I guess it is another story of one hand not knowing what the other wants.
Another classic Dominican Government move.

Reactions: twoinsosua

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Talk of people building a healthy immune system to help them remain in the 99% when it comes to beating this virus (not disease) seems to be a taboo subject these days. Why is that?
I suppose because it is an opinion that a "healthy immune system" can actually built at your own will.
I am sure there would be a myriad of suggestions on how to do so from losing weight and exercising more, taking Vitamin X, or Herb Y, to various items Z ingested after being blenderized, and more. All the while CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

Why not start a separate thread on it since it does not fit into this thread on curfews?

twoinsosua

Student of the Arts.
Nov 6, 2020
Canada
I stated this many times by using these words: CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

On top of that governments are trying to do whatever sticks to the wall in sometimes random and chaotic order to show they are doing something. Vaccines which may help delay the deaths and severe cases if they ever are able to vaccinate enough to make a difference. That remains to be seen both on quantity and quality of the vaccines. In a year, we will know if vaccines last a year or just several months . Lasting only several months would render them fairly useless.

Eventually about 5 to 6 of every 1,000 people in the world could die from CV19. That is my best guess from the available numbers.
The shutdowns do delay those deaths by a short amount of time in the scheme of things.
Hundreds of people in several countries have contracted Covid19 after receiving the vaccine. Deaths are now being reported shortly after receiving vaccination. Just coincidence I suppose. The DR population needs to be highly suspicious of these restrictions and the rushed solution.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes what a great idea number 3 is, "keep your distance" in jail???? and for that matter how many in jail do you think are abiding my "wear a mask"??? IF people visit the few after hours bars still taking the chance and opening it is still a lot less than the ? what 400K/? 500? arrested and jailed already?

Rocket science you ain't! - to use your terminology.
Well, if you aren't breaking the curfew you don't have to worry about the lack of social distance in jail do you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Do you have supporting documentation that hundreds of people have died after receiving the vaccine/

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Talk of people building a healthy immune system to help them remain in the 99% when it comes to beating this virus (not disease) seems to be a taboo subject these days. Why is that?
Yes! if I understand: Drink lots of water, get sufficient sleep, don’t smoke, don’t be over weight, exercise, eat fruits & veggies, be the light, etc

twoinsosua

Student of the Arts.
Nov 6, 2020
Canada
Two separate issues. Hundreds have contracted Covid after receiving the vaccine.
Several deaths have been reported shortly after receiving the vaccine.
Yes, I have the sources, didn't post as they are from different countries, every time I venture outside the DR my posts are deleted

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There are some who have the opinion that it is really about control.

I also expect most of the current curfew conditions to be extended from the 11th onward.
Not trying to beat a dead horse but if people think this government is concerned about saving lives why aren't there STOP signs at every intersection in this country? Why do they allow so many people to carry illegal firearms? Why do the PN allow drugs sales points to operate in every barrio in the country? Why do they allow faulty contruction practices within fault zones? Why are they cramming all of the people who violate the curfew into jail cells the size of your bathroom then releasing them next morning into the general public with absolutely zero contract tracing follow up?

Saving lives?
Sure.
So as we keep them folks out of bars, we're good.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I suppose because it is an opinion that a "healthy immune system" can actually built at your own will.
I am sure there would be a myriad of suggestions on how to do so from losing weight and exercising more, taking Vitamin X, or Herb Y, to various items Z ingested after being blenderized, and more. All the while CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

Why not start a separate thread on it since it does not fit into this thread on curfews?

I'm a big proponent of Herb Y. He's really a nice guy. Oh wait...

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Ok. Maybe its not a "windfall." However, for the past three days, bars and restaurants on the beach are the only show in town. Virtually all restaurants and bars in Sosua (and there are a lot of them) have closed down for the ten day lockdown. The can't sell booze and can only offer take-out food. They still need to pay rent, but the owners and their employees are making no money. On the other hand, bars and restaurants on the beach have no restrictions. I know today was a Dominican holiday, but I have not seen this many people on Sosua Beach since before the first lockdown.
I sat in a place, here in Sosua, yesterday and had a few beers with a friend. I was surprised to see them not only open but with a crowd of people. They re-opened their kitchen so I guess the "excuse" is that all of us sitting drinking were waiting for our to go orders. Hope they don't get in trouble. Today I saw 2 other places that were doing the same thing. One thing about the holiday beach crowd is that it was quite a few Dominicans and many of them don't spend much if any $$$. Most bring their own booze and some their food as well but it was nice to see it crowded.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Well, if you aren't breaking the curfew you don't have to worry about the lack of social distance in jail do you.
au-contraire mon ami (full extent of my french) what happens when the couple hundred thousand of those people which have been confined to those tight spaces, some surely positive for the virus exit the lovely holding facilities??? They are standing next to you in the supermarket, Colmado, Pharmacy, Bank etc etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.