Dammit, I didn't get my marbete :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB, why didn't you get both at the same time?

I am in SD and the papers for my other car is in santiago. I am, currently, staying in capital in weekdays. I will get the other car done next week.
AZB

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Apparently, this marbete I got was stolen a friend of mine told me, the guys who sold it to me steals them from other cars.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Isn't this a bit of a joke.... the marbete costs around ?20 in UK money and it lasts for a whole year - why would anyone need to buy a 'cheapie'?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
its not easy to get the sticker off the glass. It will get destroyed if tried. I am pretty sure its fake. I want to see the quality of the sticker. if its real looking, I want one too.
AZB

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
What is this Marbete you are all talking about. I'm renting a car long term and would like to know what to look for to make sure everything is up-to-date.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Wait a minute.. This guy walked up to you, and sold you the rectangular silver and red sticker that says 2009, and has your license plate number written on the small white label???

Or is it a stop sign shaped sticker?

They guy did walk up to me and offer to sell me the marbete, and when I agree he got on a new piece of paper next to the silver sticker that says 2009, and put down my plate number all for 500 pesos, no lines.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
They guy did walk up to me and offer to sell me the marbete, and when I agree he got on a new piece of paper next to the silver sticker that says 2009, and put down my plate number all for 500 pesos, no lines.

An educated Dominican told me the following:

If you are involved in an accident that involves bodily injury to another party there may be an investigation. If the investigation discovers that you did not legally purchase your marbet or revista legally you can be deported and any assets you own in the DR can be confiscated.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some tigueraje doesn't pay in the long run.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i doubt of they will do all that. Tallman is dominican so he won't be deported anywhere. But I doubt if they will take extreme actions like this.
if you are connected, cops can't touch you unless you commit a real crime example: drugs, kill someone or rape a minor.
AZB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
i doubt of they will do all that. Tallman is dominican so he won't be deported anywhere. But I doubt if they will take extreme actions like this.
if you are connected, cops can't touch you unless you commit a real crime example: drugs, kill someone or rape a minor.
AZB

As a foreigner with legal residency I like to dot the eyes and cross the T's to avoid the worst case scenario.

As a Dominican Tallman has more wiggle room. :laugh:

Dorothy, we're not in Kansas.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
An educated Dominican told me the following:

If you are involved in an accident that involves bodily injury to another party there may be an investigation. If the investigation discovers that you did not legally purchase your marbet or revista legally you can be deported and any assets you own in the DR can be confiscated.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some tigueraje doesn't pay in the long run.

Me get deported, where? back to the states, lol well I am a dual citizen DR and USA so, it really won't make a difference ohhs I forgot I was born in Santo Domingo .

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Me get deported, where? back to the states, lol well I am a dual citizen DR and USA so, it really won't make a difference ohhs I forgot I was born in Santo Domingo .

Ha, ha...they could send you to la Cienaga or Capotillo. :p:eek::dead:

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Ha, ha...they could send you to la Cienaga or Capotillo. :p:eek::dead:

Capotillo will be nice, I actually lived there, went to school there, learn how to ride a bike there, even had my very first girlfriend there, in calle 6 norte until I was 14, them move to the South Bronx.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Capotillo will be nice, I actually lived there, went to school there, learn how to ride a bike there, even had my very first girlfriend there, in calle 6 norte until I was 14, them move to the South Bronx.

Ay dios mio! You have a phd in tigueraje. :laugh:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

On the bit where he wrote your plate number, does it say in very small print above it 'placa no.' and under it a typed number? Because those are what the real ones have. I got mine when they first came out so my handwritten placa number is already fading due to the sunlight but the typed serial number underneath is still clear.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
As a foreigner with legal residency I like to dot the eyes and cross the T's to avoid the worst case scenario.

As a Dominican Tallman has more wiggle room. :laugh:

Dorothy, we're not in Kansas.

Oh yes, I am in Kansas. hahahaha. I think I have more wiggle room here than in USA. When you play the victim, bad things happen to you. You have to be the predator in DR and you will walk right through any situation (well, almost any situation). Look at badpiece, he really is a badpiece in DR. I think he has gone to jail like 6 times. Every time he is released the same day with police apologizing to him all the way back to his apartment. Now I want a hook up like that. Do generals suffer from back pain?
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I also forgot to pay my marbete and went to the local office here in Santiago and there were at least 300 people in a line outside of the building, no telling how many there were inside.

I decided to call a friend in Moca and he told me he had to get his too, so he makes a quick call and his buddy at the license office says he can get it toute suite for a tip of RD200. So I hop on the bike and head on over. Since my buddy is the manager of a motorcycle dealership he has an employee run over to the office and get the stickers for us. It only takes a half hor but I have to tip her too. All told with the gas and the late fees I had to pay an extra RD1000 - oops!

At least I didn't have to waste my whole day in a line. In fact I was home by 12:30 even though I had gotten to Moca at 11. The good thing is I saved it all back as I took two of my girls to the public dermatology clinic to remove some warts and that only cost me RD1000 total. I saved at least RD3000 right there! I think I'll celebrate! :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
In fact I was home by 12:30 even though I had gotten to Moca at 11. The good thing is I saved it all back as I took two of my girls to the public dermatology clinic to remove some warts and that only cost me RD1000 total. I saved at least RD3000 right there! I think I'll celebrate! :)

Way TMI, glad that math worked out for you Chip!

Sep 22, 2009
At first I was amazed at the duration and content of the "marbete" thread. Funny, I've never seen a thread on "I haven't filed my tax returns in 15 years!"

On the other hand, I am very curious to see how the wart removal went.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
At first I was amazed at the duration and content of the "marbete" thread. Funny, I've never seen a thread on "I haven't filed my tax returns in 15 years!"

On the other hand, I am very curious to see how the wart removal went.

Unfortunately they use a tweezer device to rip them right out! Fortunately they were quite small, nothing that an ice cream couldn't fix! :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Unfortunately they use a tweezer device to rip them right out! Fortunately they were quite small, nothing that an ice cream couldn't fix! :)

damn, I was hoping we would devote a whole thread on it. hehehe.
AZB