death of US citizen proceedures

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Free cremation! Great news. Don't you think Dv8?

i think cremation is more expensive than regular burial. so i suspect unclaimed gringo body meets the same fate as poor dominicans buried by municipality...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
i think cremation is more expensive than regular burial. so i suspect unclaimed gringo body meets the same fate as poor dominicans buried by municipality...

More or less, once the fire is going, what's the cost of putting another body in the oven?......

This was my experience, not 'I think', or 'I suspect'.....

My thoughts not yours......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
blandino is the only place in the country that does cremation.

edited to add: i see that patque de prado also offers cremation. this article from last year says blandino charges over 50k pesos and prado 32k. and it mentions you still need to add "cemetery cost".

La cremaci?n como destino final | List?n Diario

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2006
I was at Blandino a few weeks ago for my Brother in laws visitation/funeral. They had several signs/advertisements that you could pre-plan/pay your funeral... which I was surprised to see in the DR. But there is def. a market as there are more Dominicans from abroad and Expats that most likely are interested in these services.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Those that can't afford to be repatriated/crematef/buried get burried in a common grave (fosa comun).

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
Those that can't afford to be repatriated/crematef/buried get burried in a common grave (fosa comun).

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

That happened to an American friend of ours a couple of years back. His cousin was the only living relative and wouldn't pay to bring his body back. His dominican girlfriend pleaded with the authorities to release his body. He rotted in unairconditioned room in higuey for five days. Finally she paid a propina and saved him from being buried in a mass grave.

zmth

May 30, 2006
what difference does it make ? are you nuts ! in order to get a good(or at all) cryopreservation ! Ok so how long does this autopsy take and what all do they do ?

zmth

May 30, 2006
what are you speaking of ? Do you know what you are talking about? Ny and SC pile who or what up in the back a few years ago. In the back of what ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
what difference does it make ? are you nuts ! in order to get a good(or at all) cryopreservation ! Ok so how long does this autopsy take and what all do they do ?

And the reason for "a good cryoperservation" is?

zmth

May 30, 2006
What is the general proceedure on death of an American citizen in Sano Domingo ? Can I request an autopsy NOT be done and arrange to have body set in a like 32F environment till Alcor from Phoenix arrives to get my body?
Do the people handling this speak English? What is their email address?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Please do not start multiple threads on the same subject, I am merging this with the existing thread.

zmth

May 30, 2006
For the one out of a million chance to be revived or renewed with some account of 'reasonable' memories in the future. I didn't pay all that money for nothing!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

why don't you just die in the states?

zmth

May 30, 2006
to what exactly are you referring? It could be that i repeated because i was not sure it was posted or is it because of in the legal section? I originally posted in legal section so as to get some professionals legally knowledgeable advice such as FAbio de Guzman or whoever his name and other such persons as i imagine he(they) mainly looks there in legal section and not here.