death of US citizen proceedures

zmth

May 30, 2006
where did you read that information about exactly 100 seconal tabs ? And is it the tablets or capsules NOT already dissolved in some liquid ? One thing i did read is Switzerland will do it for foreigners but one is not automatically accepted - may have to go thru hoops to get it done in if at all.
Another i read is they make you drink dissolved phenobarbital or nembutal ,similar to seconal, or ' yellow jackets ' as they used to be known years ago - BUT they are dissolved in a liquid already - horrible bitter taste.
The best would be to put one in an anesthesia like propofol first ,which I have had before in medical operations , - it was the agent that killed Michael Jackson.
In fact in my younger days the reddish seconal tabs were used for other purposes - and also a somewhat popular recreational drug atleast in Cocoa Beach back in '69 and early 70's as i even used to sell them back then - called them "reds".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
yes that electricity problem as I do recall while there is the worst I have ever experienced in any country - hopefully that funeral home place has emergency generator or some provisions to minimize that issue.

That hope is something I would never count on here in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
those two are NOT unrelated. In the future ' contentment ... inner peace' will not be anything like it is or even thought of as you may think today and most likely irrelevant and at ones option if not entirely made irrelevant by technology - most all notions and any thoughts of life as you know it today will be irrelevant. And both are very unlikely to someone who is put in cryonics today but if one is likely then both are likely to be at the same time - one would certainly not assume even if the technology were available to 'bring one back to life' that they would do so if the person was going to be in the same dilema etc. as when he 'died' or stood good chance of having to go back into cryonics suspension again.
NO ! Alcor is $80,000 for head only and that DOES include standby - there are in addition yearly dues of $710. Cryonics institute i think the $28,000 is head only though I may be wrong but that price for cryonics institute does NOT include standby.

You are making a huge assumption that in the future humans will have other means to be happy that we don't now. One that we cannot even envision. And that they can fix what ails you after being revived with intact memories. WOW!! The assumption of a new and better world at some point in the future with medical science to do what you want, while it is a possibility, but one that is not any more likely than a world that is not better than it is now or an infinite variety of other outcomes.

I do appreciate your paying for everything and not being a burden on society by your donations to the companies providing this service. You are paying for fiction and not reality. I do understand you might feel otherwise.

Once again. Under no circumstances should you die here. The failure modes from autopsy, to electricity , to flights stack the odds of doing what you want greatly against you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my best advice is to die elsewhere. too many variables that can go wrong in DR. by the time your body arrives to USA it will look like a prop from "the walking dead".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is time for a song:

[video=youtube;vRu1Lk3IK8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRu1Lk3IK8c[/video]

A founding member of this band is from my home town. I believe he arranged the horn parts on their songs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All kidding aside, who in the right mind would pay for such a service?

And then want it to be carried out flawlessly while living (dieing ) in the DR?

Having the brain staved of oxygen for more than a few minutes causes irreversible brain damage.
What nonsense do the cryogenic freezer people spew that you would still have memories?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I got your fowl play, Jack...

Oh boy.....................

View attachment 1936

2q9yyav.gif

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Move to India, become a Hindu, come back as many times as you want!

For FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Any one of Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism religions will do it for you. And you would have an exactly equal chance of coming back as you would with freezing/thawing.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
my best advice is to die elsewhere. too many variables that can go wrong in DR. by the time your body arrives to USA it will look like a prop from "the walking dead".

When my wife died at HOMS, Blandino handled everything. Picked up her body, got it to SD for the require autopsy, did the
cremation, and arranged for documents from the American Embassy authorizing me to take the ashes to the US.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm pretty sure "autopsy" and the "cremation" are the main things he wants to avoid.

zmth

May 30, 2006
yes nothing is for sure.. The other consideration is in order to 'bend' the rules and make things go more the way one would most like to have done is to deal with 3rd world,poorer etc. countries where 'favoritism', and even corruption are more likely even if it means having to pay money perhaps 'under the table'.
This is assuming the way you want things done would not fly in your own or more modern countries.

zmth

May 30, 2006
trying to figure that out. As far as I am aware they are not spewing any information nor guaranteing anything.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
trying to figure that out. As far as I am aware they are not spewing any information nor guaranteing anything.

In the DR, there are essentially no guarantees for just about anything. Even if they make you a 100% iron clad guarantee, there is little chance it would work out well. After all, you would be dead.
What recourse would you have?