death of US citizen proceedures

zmth

May 30, 2006
the reason is the jerks in the states in all states i have read do autopsy which often involves slicing up the brain which is the WORST scenario !

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What is the general proceedure on death of an American citizen in Sano Domingo ? Can I request an autopsy NOT be done and arrange to have body set in a like 32F environment till Alcor from Phoenix arrives to get my body?
Do the people handling this speak English? What is their email address?

Now that you mention Alcor, I understand all the questions about freezing your body. Contact Blandino [website above] and ask them all your questions, there is a location on Lincoln in Santo Domingo. They must have English speaking staff. Perhaps you can prepay for all your arrangements.

Best of luck to you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe the best option for you is to die gently in a hospital in the states. surely, they cannot be slicing brains of everyone, can they? i think the possibility of your body arriving from DR to the state intact and within reasonable time frame is zero.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For the one out of a million chance to be revived or renewed with some account of 'reasonable' memories in the future. I didn't pay all that money for nothing!

One out of a googleplex, perhaps. Sorry for your loss, of mind and money wasted on this.

If you spent all that money. DO NOT DIE HERE. Not that it really matters regarding the ultimate result with Alcor.

zmth

May 30, 2006
problem with that is one has to actually endure all that horrible ' torture ' till one actually dies naturally. Only in a few more reasonable countries such as Colombia,Netherlands,Switzerland and esp. Belgium do they allow voluntary euthanesia but problem is it is ONLY for citizens of those countries NOT foreigners.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
maybe the best option for you is to die gently in a hospital in the states. surely, they cannot be slicing brains of everyone, can they? i think the possibility of your body arriving from DR to the state intact and within reasonable time frame is zero.

Absolute silliness worthy of a Monty Python skit, it would be indeed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
problem with that is one has to actually endure all that horrible ' torture ' till one actually dies naturally. Only in a few more reasonable countries such as Colombia,Netherlands,Switzerland and esp. Belgium do they allow voluntary euthanesia but problem is it is ONLY for citizens of those countries NOT foreigners.

Most people consider life worth living. I take it you have a special circumstance where it is not?

zmth

May 30, 2006

zmth

May 30, 2006
yes that is correct. Actually there are quite a large number of people who DON't think it is proper to be forced to endure all that torture.
Which is evidenced by all the discussion on such matters such as assisted suicide and physician assisted suicide, Dr Kevorkian etc.. And especially for the more reasonable countries who make the option of legalized suicide and assisted suicide legal.
When you become of older age you may have more compassion.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

It's legal in three American states: Vermont, Oregon & Washington State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_suicide_in_the_United_States

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes that is correct. Actually there are quite a large number of people who DON't think it is proper to be forced to endure all that torture.

gut ist der schlaf, der tod ist besser - freilich
das beste w?re, nie geboren sein.

i sympathize with this sentiment. but if you feel like this now and today and this memory of your state of mind is preserved - do you think you will fare better given a second chance? just a thought.

zmth

May 30, 2006
but that even if so is hardly worth anything anyway - one has to be in the worst of worst condition and already have gone thru ungodly amount of suffering before that case even arrives. Point is one does not owe anyone any excuse or need have any doctor approval as if he is the " god " of one's soul. Belgium is the most reasonable of all the countries - no need any doctor's excuse !

zmth

May 30, 2006
by the time if and when such a procedure may be available to bring one back alive then most likely the technology will also be such as to largely eliminate unhappiness and depression,suffering and such.
Otherwise they may not proceed to revitalize individuals in the first place. The main issue is getting some 'sufficient' memories out of the brain if possible to put in a new brain or some artificial much improved form of consciousness and 'life' if that is still what it may be called.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Which is evidenced by all the discussion on such matters such as assisted suicide and physician assisted suicide, Dr Kevorkian etc.. And especially for the more reasonable countries who make the option of legalized suicide and assisted suicide legal.

I am far from young.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
by the time if and when such a procedure may be available to bring one back alive then most likely the technology will also be such as to largely eliminate unhappiness and depression,suffering and such.
Otherwise they may not proceed to revitalize individuals in the first place. The main issue is getting some 'sufficient' memories out of the brain if possible to put in a new brain or some artificial much improved form of consciousness and 'life' if that is still what it may be called.

You are suggesting that the technology availability in the future will also mean that people will be more content? Those two are completely unrelated. Contentment is an inner peace, not something brought by technology. I love Star Trek, but to think that humans will reach that state of reality is just as far fetched as being revived with intact memories.

Here is what we are talking about here:

A whole-body preservation at Alcor costs $200,000.00. Cryonics Institute charges $28,000.00 for a whole-body preservation, but this fee does not include stand-by and transportation costs.
http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/CostOfCryonics.html

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Getting back to your original questions about getting this done in the DR. I would not even consider that option. There are so many things that could go wrong at any step of the way. For one thing, you would be in a country with perhaps the most unreliable electricity in the region.

zmth

May 30, 2006
"compassion " was the wrong wording that I should not have used.Bottom line is that it entirely up to the individual involved and no one else. NOt only is it good for the individual involved but for society and economics for everyone else in general - less people draining money out of government paid for by most everyone's taxes by years and years of collecting social security and subsidized medical expenses for one.

zmth

May 30, 2006
yes that electricity problem as I do recall while there is the worst I have ever experienced in any country - hopefully that funeral home place has emergency generator or some provisions to minimize that issue.

zmth

May 30, 2006
those two are NOT unrelated. In the future ' contentment ... inner peace' will not be anything like it is or even thought of as you may think today and most likely irrelevant and at ones option if not entirely made irrelevant by technology - most all notions and any thoughts of life as you know it today will be irrelevant. And both are very unlikely to someone who is put in cryonics today but if one is likely then both are likely to be at the same time - one would certainly not assume even if the technology were available to 'bring one back to life' that they would do so if the person was going to be in the same dilema etc. as when he 'died' or stood good chance of having to go back into cryonics suspension again.
NO ! Alcor is $80,000 for head only and that DOES include standby - there are in addition yearly dues of $710. Cryonics institute i think the $28,000 is head only though I may be wrong but that price for cryonics institute does NOT include standby.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com

Massachusetts is one of several places in the USA that allows a doctor to assist your suicide.
If you are terminally ill, and in pain, he can give you 100 seconal tabs and your "GOOD TO GO"!!!

Here is a poem I learned as a young boy that may give you some peace in your time of need!

It's called,..."WHEN YOU DIE"

THE WORMS CRAWL IN
THE WORMS CRAWL OUT
THE WORMS PLAY PENUCKLE
ON YOU SNOUT
YOUR BODY TURNS A GRASSY GREEN
AND PUSS RUNS OUT LIKE THICK WHIPPED CREAM

Does that help???????????????????????:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC