Deportations Will Begin Today

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Whether the deportations are actually occurring in large numbers or not, the perception is there amongst the remaining Haitians that they can be picked up and deported or forced to pay, thus there are not as many openly walking down the street. On the news I have seen local flee markets etc. where the lack of Haitian vendors is quite noticeable.

exactly.
the "News" does it's "Job" reducing some inflows.
just look on the many formerly illegal gringos working in diving schools, on tours and with the touroperators here in the Punta Cana area.
once the news about changes came out a good 2 years ago, a number of those started to think it over and got their residency done.
the next phase been the announcement, that Employers will be held "responsible/punishable" for employing illegals.
after that "News" spread out, from the ones left here, the vast mayority went the way of applying for residency,
the ones who waited too long took the way thru the PLAN, but most did their stuff withotu the Plan, because the Plan was not necessary for the average Gringo with Passport and other documentations at hand. they just applied for residency directly.
i know personally a number of old time Gringos here in my surroundings, who became the clear notification from their employers, that they have to show to be in process of residency, or they have to look for a job elsewhere.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
On Monday Immigration was on Calle Luperon' in Gurabo, Santiago starting around 6:30am with a few trucks and lots of officers on motobikes. They ran a little drag net from Calle 20 down to Calle 5 (maybe a little further) rounding up Haitians as they were getting ready to start their work day. I was told they ended up grabbing about 60 total. Not a word about it in the press. Three days later and I can tell you it has not made an impact at all. Why not? Because, for every 50 or 60 they round up, there are 60 or 70 arriving illegally across the border. How do I know this? I have no problem speaking to the Haitans who work around here and they are very open about how they cross the border illegally to get here.

that's the DR's biggest problem in case of haitians,
the Open-Border Policies,
where everybody can come in for a few bucks cash at hand.
doesn't matter how many they would deport per day,
as long as the border is open due it's corrupt forced "guarding" it,
so long nothing will significantly change.
50 out, 40-80 in.
500 out, 400-800 in
the same day on average, lol

PICHARDO,
how are those Drones doing??
still flying along the border or are they already back in their boxes, waiting to be under some General's and Colonel's Christmas Tree for the children?

Mike

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Observation from the Frontier

Hola amigos,

Today just a quick note to let you all know I was caught this morning playing " Immigration Lotto " !!

Was on my way back from an early morning business meeting in Paraiso as a passenger in an associate's car. We were stopped at a normal checkpoint just before you enter Barahona and I was asked to show my " papers " which in my case was my Residencia Permanente. Of course, we were then just waved on through the checkpoint.

Now, I know some you will say that if I did not have any proof of residency a few $$RD would have sufficed but then again it just might not have. The half dozen folks sitting under a nearby tree did not look all that happy about the guard standing over them with his rifle in hand.

I know it has long been a rule of life here that dinero hablar but I can say after over twenty ( 20 ) years in my slice of paradise I can sense " times are a changing " with regards to immigration policy. Now I will preempt CCCCCCCC and agree it might never happen fully but as it becomes more obvious that the government and employers are " trying " to make it happen the overall situation will be for the better.

take care my friends,

kFrancisco de Cabral

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
http://almomento.net/reportan-deportacion-de-395-haitianos/135753

395 deported through Dajabon in first 9 days this month.

From round ups in Central Cibao and North East.

sounds funny.
hestates
"Migracion no trabaja con menores de edad ni con mujeres..."
so all da Biaches on the streets are safe,
they don't deport females, specially when pregnant ...".
so now i wonder,
as stated 95% of their deportees been Males,
no children and women touched,
as what does the otha 5% go into the statistics?

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hola amigos,

Today just a quick note to let you all know I was caught this morning playing " Immigration Lotto " !!

Was on my way back from an early morning business meeting in Paraiso as a passenger in an associate's car. We were stopped at a normal checkpoint just before you enter Barahona and I was asked to show my " papers " which in my case was my Residencia Permanente. Of course, we were then just waved on through the checkpoint.

Now, I know some you will say that if I did not have any proof of residency a few $$RD would have sufficed but then again it just might not have. The half dozen folks sitting under a nearby tree did not look all that happy about the guard standing over them with his rifle in hand.

I know it has long been a rule of life here that dinero hablar but I can say after over twenty ( 20 ) years in my slice of paradise I can sense " times are a changing " with regards to immigration policy. Now I will preempt CCCCCCCC and agree it might never happen fully but as it becomes more obvious that the government and employers are " trying " to make it happen the overall situation will be for the better.

take care my friends,

kFrancisco de Cabral

and remember, all residents - ALL - are req'd to carry identification....
the more national the ID, the better

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
What also was new, was that the undocumented were from towns in the Central Cibao and North West (error in my original post).

So we now know of round ups in Santo Domingo, Santiago, the East, the South West and now Cibao and North West. Nothing from NC or Samana yet. Limited information from only 2 of the 7 reception centers.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
What also was new, was that the undocumented were from towns in the Central Cibao and North West (error in my original post).

So we now know of round ups in Santo Domingo, Santiago, the East, the South West and now Cibao and North West. Nothing from NC or Samana yet. Limited information from only 2 of the 7 reception centers.

this is a english spoken bord,
so the frenchmen from Samana do not report on here, lol

Mike

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
sounds funny.
hestates
"Migracion no trabaja con menores de edad ni con mujeres..."
so all da Biaches on the streets are safe,
they don't deport females, specially when pregnant ...".
so now i wonder,
as stated 95% of their deportees been Males,
no children and women touched,
as what does the otha 5% go into the statistics?

Mike
Even though it's odd to not deport women and their children (obviously orphans or those abandoned shouldn't be deported), fact is that well over 90% of Haitians (and possibly of most other groups of foreigners too) are male that for the most part are in tjeir late teens to late 20s.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Even though it's odd to not deport women and their children (obviously orphans or those abandoned shouldn't be deported), fact is that well over 90% of Haitians (and possibly of most other groups of foreigners too) are male that for the most part are in tjeir late teens to late 20s.

are you talking about some real facts of life,
or are you talking about the crap some politicians wanna let you repeat/Copy-Paste ??
the linked news article above, states unmisunderstably clearloy, that no females are within the crowd of deportees.
and that contradicts 100% the statement of the same article, mentioning that 95% are MALES.
i still wit for the answer of my question:
who the fukc are the missing 5%%%???
what Orphans are youn talking about??
Orphans or Minors who threw their parents a couple yards away for mayor benefits?
i never heard about a wave of underaged Orphans who fled their orphanage towards honeyland,
can you explain that one please??

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Is there a link to these facts?

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Any officer arresting a citizen must identify it, and inform citizens on grounds
arrest.
2. Any arrests related to deportation must be made from an existing order, and show
is an individual case (Article 40.1 of the Constitution and Rule 134 of the Migration).
3. NO arrests not be held against children, women who are pregnant or who are breastfeeding, the person
advanced age, and those who require shelter (Article 134 of the Migration Policy).
4. They have no right to keep someone, even if it had an order already, more than 48 hours without
the person is not present justice to decide on the arrest (Article 40.5 of the Constitution).
5. Failure to comply with all of that said the number 2, 3, 4 or 5 in this list, those arrested, or
a person acting on its behalf, may bring an action called "h?bea corpus" before a judge for
it can decide whether the arrest is legal or names (Article 71 Constitution and 381 and the rest is
of the Penal Code).
6. The process of deportation must be made on a statement determine the illegality of migratory situation
affected person (Article 131 Migration Policy).
7. to make a personal and administrative per person will be deported, and this must include all
reasons and details about why they deported person. Also, what people can do with these accounts
(Article 129 of the Migration Policy and Migration Act 137).
8. In what the person can do against administrative deportation, have what is called reconsideration.
It may ask to see a higher authority. The first is to be able to defend
before the same authority which determines the cur, and the second is before an authority higher
grad first.
9. Similarly, without need to do all or any of the previous recommendations, those
concerned may require an administrative to a competent court to be determined
and if deportation imposed its legal.
10. There shall be no deportations conducted without using all that hard before.
11. If the authorities do not respect legal provisions that put order in the process of deportation, if they
violated the legal process, the person may require an action to protect it before a tribininal
in order to obtain the respect of all its basic rights.
12. Actions that can be used to provide protection to counter deportation person.
13. arbitrary act of removing Dominican nationality or individual's rights, including laws
TC 168-13 and other legal and administrative decisions against the national Constitution, must not
ANY excuse to deport someone from another country territory. Universal Declaration of Rights
People Dominican State signed stated in the article 15.2: "They should not, and an arbitrary act, removing nationality
anybody ... ".

google translated

Habeas Corpus on a ILLEGAL ALIEN detained for REMOVAL?? Hahahahahaha, the Pro Haitian People has reached another level

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The US Embassy seems to think that habeus corpus applies to "foreigners"

Habeas Corpus: According to the Constitution of the Dominican Republic, any prisoner detained for more than 48 hours without being formally charged is entitled to request a hearing of habeas corpus. Habeas corpus is a physical release of an arrestee from prison while awaiting trial. The presiding judge at the hearing is empowered to order the prisoner's release if he has been detained for more than 48 hours without being formally charged or there is insufficient proof of a crime to warrant further detention. The judge's decision to release is subject to appeal by the district attorney. A defendant released on habeas corpus is required to remain in the country until the charges are finally resolved.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/ccp_old-e.html

I guess after 31 days, the right to habeus corpus will be rescinded?

Notice to foreign embassies to follow.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Are the Haitians actually being given hearings? From the news stories I have seen they look like they are being driven to the border and dropped at a processing station there if they don't have papers? Of course we all know easily the media can distort the real story.[/QUOTE
Best if you research the subject for yourself and try to understand the process required in gaining a visa ..the very first thing that you need is a birth certificate and if you can not get one here then you have to get it in your own country . In the case of Haitians who were born here ,many did not have their births registered here in the DR and they can not get a birth certificate in Haiti either . In fact in many cases their parents are not living ..so these people are the ones that everyone is worried about .. No I have not seen any distortions in the media on this issue . The Dominican Government has acted with great patience and compassion and there have been many wholesale exceptions made for Haitians , including visas granted for those working in the cane fields and on farms .

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The US Embassy seems to think that habeus corpus applies to "foreigners"

Habeas Corpus: According to the Constitution of the Dominican Republic, any prisoner detained for more than 48 hours without being formally charged is entitled to request a hearing of habeas corpus. Habeas corpus is a physical release of an arrestee from prison while awaiting trial. The presiding judge at the hearing is empowered to order the prisoner's release if he has been detained for more than 48 hours without being formally charged or there is insufficient proof of a crime to warrant further detention. The judge's decision to release is subject to appeal by the district attorney. A defendant released on habeas corpus is required to remain in the country until the charges are finally resolved.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/ccp_old-e.html

I guess after 31 days, the right to habeus corpus will be rescinded?

Notice to foreign embassies to follow.

I'm pretty sure the DR doesn't follow American law.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I follow this thread obsessively. If there is a day when "DEPORTATIONS WILL BEGIN TODAY" doesn't appear, my day is ruined.

Is this thread setting a record for sheer number of posts?

All kidding aside, it is a serious business,with vast repercussions for so many people. I am very interested in the whole concept of habeus corpus as applied in Dominican law. Thank you to mountain annie for cogent and clear information.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I follow this thread obsessively. If there is a day when "DEPORTATIONS WILL BEGIN TODAY" doesn't appear, my day is ruined.

Is this thread setting a record for sheer number of posts?

All kidding aside, it is a serious business,with vast repercussions for so many people. I am very interested in the whole concept of habeus corpus as applied in Dominican law. Thank you to mountain annie for cogent and clear information.
Setting a record?

Go to the debates forum and check when the thread about the economic crisis affecting the DR started and then look at how many posts it has. The funniest part is that people there are still 'predicting' the collapse of the Dominican economy. They are like those super religious people that for centuries have been saying that the world is ending. I guess with enough time they will be right, but...

In short, there is no way this or any other thread will be creating a new record anytime soon.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Are the Haitians actually being given hearings? From the news stories I have seen they look like they are being driven to the border and dropped at a processing station there if they don't have papers? Of course we all know easily the media can distort the real story.

reread the explanation of the situation/Law/Right to a habeas Corpus hearing.
here a cut out of the explanation:
---------------------
Habeas Corpus: According to the Constitution of the Dominican Republic, any prisoner detained for more than 48 hours without being formally charged is entitled to request a hearing of habeas corpus.

the important point is,
a Detainee is Entitled to REQUEST such habeus corpi hearing.
if he does not request such,
then they can keep investigating til they feel it's time to start the first hearing of the case in front of a Judge.
and don't tell me now, that those poor buggers do not know about their Rights to such hearing,
because it does NOT Matter.
it is every visitor's Responsibility, to know the DR Laws and live/act accoring to those.
playing the dumb card "I didn't know ..." brings a foreigner just in a dumber situation.
the DR system is NOT obliged to read the law to a detainee.
they are Not obliged to tell about the right to request a habeas corpus hearing.

soooo,
as long as a detainee does not ask about a lawyer and requests about such hearing,
so long he stays legally behind investigational bars at the police station or deportee welcome center,
til they feel to be ready for some action, like a deportation or to present a criminal in front of a judge for what ever thing he/she is accused of.

Mike